• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What confusion was caused in this case that would have been avoided if the officer was dressed like Barney Fife?

The confusion on the part of the victim. The victim ran two blocks and the officer chased him and then body slammed him.

You can scream about that 4 million dollars all you want. Officers have to buy their own uniforms on IMPD.

Right, because IMPD is using that Four Million Dollars to buy car cameras . . . no, wait, they aren't.:D

Cries of police poverty are ineffective when you are swimming in all that dough.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Now, I will side with Kirk, this act really sucked big time. BUT, on the other hand, why was the guy leading them on a chase? Cops are chasing you on a case of mistaken identity so you run? If a deputy asks me to stop, I am going to stop, period. I will be in the clear and get to file a complaint against the city. The deputy was a retard, but the runner obviously watched too much Minority Report...

The "new" uniforms do serve the purpose of minimal maintenance and department cost. I don't like the look of them, but that's how it is. I guess I watched too much Hill Street Blues! :D

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I have to ask, WHAT will be done to the the criminal that shot the Officer here in Indianapolis? Compare that to what will happen the Officer...er thug... in Seattle that body slammed the man, AND ruined his AND his family's life.

IMO it is THIS kind of thing that causes the resentment towards law enforcement. What makes a LEO's life more valuable than an ordinary citizen's?:dunno: And that "value" is shown over and over again by the punishment each "side" receives in these cases.

Last edited:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I have to ask, WHAT will be done to the the criminal that shot the Officer here in Indianapolis? Compare that to what will happen the Officer...er thug... in Seattle that body slammed the man, AND ruined his AND his family's life.

IMO it is THIS kind of thing that causes the resentment towards law enforcement. What makes a LEO's life more valuable than an ordinary citizen's?:dunno: And that "value" is shown over and over again by the punishment each "side" receives in these cases.

Shooting someone 4 times, twice in the face, once in the chest, and once in the leg in a cold blooded cowardly ambush does not even come close to comparing. The guy ran, the deputy was in the wrong for shoving him as hard as he did, However, if someone ran from me for 2 blocks and then turned to face me he would have been going to the ground too. Look at the totality of the circumstances, not just the 2 seconds on the video. Tragic, and we can all agree that mistakes were made on both sides.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    What happened to the Officer here was terrible I agree, and the suspect if convicted should pay the price BIG TIME. :yesway:

BUT... what will happen in Seattle? "Whoops, sorry case of mistaken identity, our bad".:rolleyes: Tragic mistake? WHAT kind of sentance will the officer in Seattle serve if convicted? I'll wager very little. His actions should in no way be compared to what happened here I agree, but IF convicted (hell we don't even know if he'll be charged) he should serve time for HIS crime AND NEVER be allowed to serve as an LEO anywhere again.

What sentance would I receive if I body slammed someone into a wall and destroyed his life? I guarrantee I wouldn't be on "administrative leave, etc..." or even on the street. I'd be in JAIL where I belong since it would be apparent I am a threat to society. It SHOULD make no difference if I'm a LEO or a private citizen, you simply DO NOT go around body slamming people into walls PERIOD! It's called ASSAULT isn't it?

It's the double standard that is fueling the resentment towards law enforcement.

Last edited:

phil

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    Shooting someone 4 times, twice in the face, once in the chest, and once in the leg in a cold blooded cowardly ambush does not even come close to comparing.

That's right...it doesn't come close. Shooting someone and bashing someone's face into a wall are completely different.

At least this guy committed his murder with his hands and didn't have to use one of those cowardly guns.:n00b:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    IMO, as far as the guy running, there have been several cases of people dressed up in police uniforms pulling women over and assaulting them.

I PROMISE anyone here if my wife/daughter/son ran from a police officer who was chasing her/them for no apparent reason simply because they had done nothing wrong and were in fear AND some wannbe body slammed them and destroyed their life... you had better hope they put you in jail! AND keep you in there, at least until I'm dead!:yesway:

There simply HAS to be a better way to handle these kinds of situations.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    That's right...it doesn't come close. Shooting someone and bashing someone's face into a wall are completely different.

At least this guy committed his murder with his hands and didn't have to use one of those cowardly guns.:n00b:

When the police officer shoved the guy do you honestly believe that he knew the guy would fall to the ground and suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury? When Thomas Hardy shot Officer Moore I am pretty sure he KNEW WHEN HE PULLED THE TRIGGER 7 TIMES THAT HE WANTED TO KILL OFFICER MOORE.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    IMO, as far as the guy running, there have been several cases of people dressed up in police uniforms pulling women over and assaulting them.

I PROMISE anyone here if my wife/daughter/son ran from a police officer who was chasing her/them for no apparent reason simply because they had done nothing wrong and were in fear AND some wannbe body slammed them and destroyed their life... you had better hope they put you in jail! AND keep you in there, at least until I'm dead!:yesway:

When I watched the video I saw a male, who was on foot, and running from the police get shoved. I did not see a female being pulled over and assualted.

Newsflash, running from the police is illegal. Hopefully you would teach your wife/son/daughter that running from the police is illegal, although I doubt it because the common sense factor seems to be missing from your gene pool.:n00b:

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Come on now, calling it a "shove" is 2011's "understatement of the year" don't you think?:n00b:

You can't body slam someone around concrete walls/sidewalk without intending bodily harm can you?:dunno:

Body Slam? maybe a body check. I did not see any macho man randy savage moves going on? Maybe I am mistaken but i thought that a body slam was when you picked someone up and then threw them to the ground. This LEO messed up, I agree.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    the common sense factor seems to be missing from your gene pool.:n00b:

no thats not a personal attack...
    Oi8vaW5ndW5vd25lcnMuY29tL2ZvcnVtcy9pbWFnZXMvc21pbGllcy9yb2xsZXllc2VkaXQuZ2lm
    :rolleyes:

here at indiana cop gun owners,,,INCGO,,,firehawk cant say nothing back...

this board is turning into the official indiana cop hangout board...

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    no thats not a personal attack...
    Oi8vaW5ndW5vd25lcnMuY29tL2ZvcnVtcy9pbWFnZXMvc21pbGllcy9yb2xsZXllc2VkaXQuZ2lm
    :rolleyes:

here at indiana cop gun owners,,,INCGO,,,firehawk cant say nothing back...

this board is turning into the official indiana cop hangout board...

:noway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    When I watched the video I saw a male, who was on foot, and running from the police get shoved. I did not see a female being pulled over and assualted.

Newsflash, running from the police is illegal. Hopefully you would teach your wife/son/daughter that running from the police is illegal, although I doubt it because the common sense factor seems to be missing from your gene pool.:n00b:

Ok, make it personal about my "gene pool".:dunno: No, so far my family and I have had no reason to run from the police. Besides, IN THE SITUATION I STATED, self preservation will trump law everytime. Sorry, that's life, you do what you've got to do.

So... my wife should stand there and let a possible imposter cop assault her? I'd be interested to know what YOU'D think if God forbid something like this this would happen to your wife/daughter/son? In this day and age you simply don't know. THAT is why I said there has to be BETTER ways for law enforcement to handle these kinds of situations WITHOUT resorting to injuring or killing someone. Come on, talk about common sense.:rolleyes:

In this case they knew where he was and were following him. Call for back up and handle the situation in a much more intelligent manner. They knew where he was, and where he was going so what was the reason for all this to have ended the way it did? What was the rush, testosterone I'd guess, or maybe anger? The 266 lb cop didn't like having to run after the guy?

Let me be clear here, I have respect for LE, and am NOT anti LEO. For the majority of the time they do their jobs well in difficult situations. They MUST start weeding out the bad apples, and stop standing up for each other when it is overwhelmingly apparent an officer is wrong and over stepped their authority.

It's amazing to me we can't all just agree that body slamming someone into a concrete wall is just wrong NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE.:n00b: And if we do, then this officer should pay for his crime of at least assualt.

Top Bottom