• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you read the article posted above the j-walking patrols were in response to large numbers of people getting hit by cars while j-walking in that area.[/QUOTE

Eddie, I read the police blotter instead of the article and didn't see that part. Thanks for the correction.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    i dont see where race has entered the discussion?

if your reffering to (beating around the bush) my MLK street comment, thats not racist, its just a fact that those areas named that are prevelent with crime. its racist to assume thats racist. no white, hispanic, asian, arab, jewish, people live on MLK drive?
    im so over the racist card. RACISM IS HYPE to keep us all fighting.

Ranger, I said nothing about "racist" and I wasn't referring to you. I seldom pay much attention to your stick-poking, so calm down, you have no taker here.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Looks to me that the only thing the cop did wrong is waiting so long to take her down and cuff her.
    But in that area he could have been showing extra restraint that got him in trouble.
    Too bad being PC is causing things like this

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Looks to me that the only thing the cop did wrong is waiting so long to take her down and cuff her.
    But in that area he could have been showing extra restraint that got him in trouble.
    Too bad being PC is causing things like this

Good post, my thoughts as well. He defended himself, quelled the start of physical action TOWARDS him by that woman in pink and STILL maintained self control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    From my observation:

The officer was making an arrest. Another women ganged up on him; to free the other female - A double no no.

Cultural insecurities have made many feel that hitting a women is wrong, which is my first emotional response to this video.

Now, if I retract that response, and say the perp was a man, I'd cheer the officer on, biasly.

I think many here, foolishly think a women is not able enough to cause great bodily harm to a man; I say, tell that to the Amazons who fought men in war... And won..
    Tell it to the Romans who fought Celtic women, and were scared of these womens by they're reports.

Next, I see the battered women resisting arrest, as a crowd of minorities start to hone in on the lone officer.

And instead of helping him; they record. Guilty or not, is not the issue. Resisting arrest is against the law.
    If a cop decides to arrest you for whatever reason which is legally applicable YOU DO NOT have the right to resist.

Personally, I dont believe this crap about "jaywalking".

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Ok I don't know why not many people are researching this further but after finding multiple references I think all of the "Why all this over J walking?" and "That's not a gun in that guy's hand" should review the following few items.

High res video, make sure to fullscreen this @720P, look at Marker 1:46-1:50 +/- 2 seconds to view the pistol that is inside what appears to be a black/gray holster and again at 2:08 where he appears to be in the background tucking it back into it's hiding spot. Also notice how he keeps changing his distance approaching and repositioning himself constantly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_P5jOoDDbI]YouTube - Seattle Police Officer Punches Girl In The Face[/ame]

Adressing the Jwalking issue: Maybe Jwalking is a Joke where we live but please read the following (Source linked below)
    The incident happened at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South near the arterial's intersection with Rainier Avenue South, in the vicinity of Franklin High School.
    A Seattle transportation department plan released in 2006 called for Seattle police pedestrian-safety patrols to target jaywalking, particularly near Franklin High and north of South McClellan Street by the Lowe's hardware store.
    Between 2002 and 2006 more jaywalkers were hit by vehicles on Rainier Avenue South than in any other corridor in the city.
    During that period, 61 pedestrians were struck while jaywalking on Rainier Avenue South -- nearly double the number of accidents on Aurora Avenue North, which had the second highest number of jaywalkers hit with 35, according to Seattle Transportation Department records.
    Also during that period, 23 other jaywalkers were hit in the South End, on Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and on Beacon Avenue South. Those roads also accounted for 126 pedestrian accidents at intersections.
    There were six jaywalking accidents on Aurora Avenue North in the several blocks south of North 125th Street between 2002 and 2006, tying that short stretch of roadway with Rainier Avenue South between South Hudson Street and 39th Avenue South for the highest number of jaywalking collisions in the city.
    Between 2006 and 2006, the State Department of Transportation launched the Washington State Corridor Safety Program.

Police guild: Officer did nothing wrong in videotaped punch

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Still not a gun...
    nogun.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It does look like a gun, but I still don't think it is. The location of the hammer vs. the cylinder is strange and the angle the barrel is pointing as he's holding it is wierd too.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Still not a gun...

You don't think this is a picture of a man holding a gun? Daggone screen captures reduce the quality but you can see what appears to be the cylinder and his hand in correct trigger position (outside the retention holster that he is allowing the gun to remain inside even while brandishing it) when viewing the video fullscreened on the 720p setting on youtube and PC video settings set at 1280x1024 on a 17" monitor.

As a matter of fact the gentleman in question gets several sideways glances from other onlookers as he is brandishing what appears to be the weapon.

Also, let me just clarify, I don't think this person in question having a pistol is necessarily a bad thing, as I stated in a post on the next page, I believe may have been actually attempting to help keep the situation from escalating further via silent show to the onlookers.

BackgroundView.jpg

Last edited:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    You don't think this is a picture of a man holding a gun? Daggone screen captures reduce the quality but you can see what appears to be the cylinder and his hand in correct trigger position (outside the retention holster that he is allowing the gun to remain inside even while brandishing it) when viewing the video fullscreened on the 720p setting on youtube and PC video settings set at 1280x1024 on a 17" monitor.

As a matter of fact the gentleman in question gets several sideways glances from other onlookers as he is brandishing what appears to be the weapon.

Also, let me just clarify, I don't think this person in question having a pistol is necessarily a bad thing, as I stated in a post on the next page, I believe may have been actually attempting to help keep the situation from escalating further via silent show to the onlookers.

BackgroundView.jpg

The view above is the only one that resembles a gun. The other views do not. The thickness is off in one of the shots and the barrel length also looks too short. Possible a gun wrapped in rag or bandanna of sorts? But my :twocents: is it is not. I know some people are crazy, but who in their right mind would walk up to a cop with a gun while he is attempting to arrest someone (especially with EVERYONE videotaping)?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i am a firm believer that you won't get your ass kicked by the police if you do what they tell you. you can always lawyer up, sue, etc later on.

Good luck with that.

I am a firm believer that:

1. There are a lot of good cops out there

2. There are more shady cops than good cops out there willing to screw
    you if they need to. Gotta fill that quota!

3. There are too many short lil' cops who got picked on in highschool and now they are going to get back at society by demanding that respect with a badge! (My grandfather tells me that it used to be a rule that cops had to be at least 6ft tall to apply.)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I say hit that loud mouthed beotch again and this time show a little effort, then stop dancin around with the other loud mouth and drop her with the taser....or at least mace the crap out of her:dunno:
    what in the hell do you expect to happen when you grab a cop who is struggling with a suspect?
    and where is back up?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You can't be serious.

Let's just say if you sit around with a bunch of off duty LEO's playing poker and having a few drinks...you'll hear some things that might surprise you.

A while back, I sat down at a cookout with an off duty LEO. After some good grub and a few beers, he proceeded to tell us how he was trained to use 'play on words' to get people to say what he needs them to say.

Yes, I'm serious.

Like I said, there are some good cops out there. But at the end of the day, cops are people too. Some people are shady.

Back to the topic though: The cop in the video was in the right. But where was all his backup?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom