• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Warning: Graphic Violence in video

Seattle police officer punches a 17-year-old girl in the face as he tries to arrest people for jaywalking.

Seattle Police have said they will review police tactics and training following the incident which was caught on camera by onlookers.

In the video the black teenager can be seen clutching her face after the cop lashes out and someone can be heard shouting: “Are you serious?”

Police arrested both women.

James S Kelly, who heads the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle group, told ABC News: "Shame on you. The use of violence in the form of a full-blown fist to the face was wrong.

"What the 17-year-old did was wrong. I'm not making any excuses for her, but two wrongs don't make a right."
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnnZfOUlj5Y&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 17 yr old Girl Punched in Face by Seattle Cop - Jaywalking Stop 6-15-10[/ame]

Last edited:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I gotta be honest. This guy is horrible with defensive tactics and cuffing procedures. That situation could have ended long ago if he would have remembered a little academy training. Great way to keep the up the public's bad perception of police. He fought with a stick of a girl for like 3 minutes without getting cuffs on or being on the ground. Looked like they were dancing. Someone is getting desk duty for awhile whether or not he actually gets reprimanded formally.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    What did the officer say at about 1:17? "shes got a what"

Other than that there was some serious resisting arrest going on here. Shes lucky she only got punched. Im sure the officer is trained to do something other than punch them but as hard a time as he was having with the other girl it was probably the only option. ANd i never heard him read her her Miranda warning either.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    What did the officer say at about 1:17? "shes got a what"

Other than that there was some serious resisting arrest going on here. Shes lucky she only got punched. Im sure the officer is trained to do something other than punch them but as hard a time as he was having with the other girl it was probably the only option. ANd i never heard him read her her Miranda warning either.

Didn't need to.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    ....... ANd i never heard him read her her Miranda warning either.

Its a misconception that one must be read their Miranda immediately, or ever for that matter, after taken in custody. It must, however, be provided if the suspect is subsequently questioned, save the ascertainment of pedigree questions.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    +1 for the cop punching the girl. He was under attack and she was interfearing with an arest in progress where the suspect was resisting and trying to flee.

as far as the wrestling match, it was a joke. this cop had no skill. he should have easily ended this a lot sooner. i would have just tased or maced both of them.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    With a group that size and only one cop there is no way he would want to take her to the ground!! she is 17 that is considered an adult in America, and she entered into an adult fight with a police officer in the performance of his duty, I thought he used great restraint, + 1 for the officer!!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The only problem was the LEO didn't end this much sooner. A little technique and it would not have been such a problem. I say that at the point where he hit the girl there were two people attacking him and he is perfectly within his rights to defend himself. He could of and perhaps should have done much worse.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Looks like to me that she spit on him before he punched her. I might have been a tad bit angry too. Is he a city cop or a University Police Officer? Where was his back up, lots wrong here but no other info to go on for a judgement call

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The guy was surrounded by potential belligerents, she stuck her nose in and got it cocked!

I think the reason he was having so much trouble with the one girl is because of all the cameras. Turn the cameras off and she would have been proned out yesterday!!!

+1 for the nose pop, -1 for wrestling with the little girl!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I just watched the whole thing. I had only seen a little bit on the news this morning.

The girls that was put into the car needed to be taken to the ground. All that fighting and struggling, that cop showed a lot of patience and restraint.

:+1: again for the cop

Top Bottom