• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fng120

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Out in the back woods
    Also have plenty of ammo and have some plywood I could donate. Also I don't know where you get yours from but I can get plywood pretty cheap, it's stuff that is 2nd's and would be great for the range.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can't come this month but would like to come with my boy to one. Can he come? He is 12 and I have a Ruger SR22 for him. I have a Glock 19 and would an AR be ok? Thanks, Tim (new to the group tonight)
    Tim, welcome to the group and yes children are welcome and we normally have 1 or 2 kids in that age group out there. Realize that there are typically 15 to 30 people who attend these group shoots and each person typically brings several guns. So kids need to be supervised because the guns are just left on the shooting benches so other people can try them. Yes, bring a Glock or AR or anything, someone may be asking to borrow your Glock to compare it with their Smith & Wesson or you may want to try another's 1911 or old lever action.

The whole idea of these is to meet each other and become friends, put names to faces, and enjoy a day of shooting. Some of us shoot a lot, some shoot a little. Some bring BBQ grills and cook food for others, smoke cigars and talk guns. There are occasionally informal/fun competitions where we shoot at paper targets. We lend each other guns and try out other peoples guns. Its all about fun.

Also have plenty of ammo and have some plywood I could donate. Also I don't know where you get yours from but I can get plywood pretty cheap, it's stuff that is 2nd's and would be great for the range.
    Jedi coordinates all the donations of plywood. But yes, '2-nds' would be great.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can't come this month but would like to come with my boy to one. Can he come? He is 12 and I have a Ruger SR22 for him. I have a Glock 19 and would an AR be ok? Thanks, Tim (new to the group tonight)

Tim, welcome to the group and yes children are welcome and we normally have 1 or 2 kids in that age group out there. Realize that there are typically 15 to 30 people who attend these group shoots and each person typically brings several guns. So kids need to be supervised because the guns are just left on the shooting benches so other people can try them. Yes, bring a Glock or AR or anything, someone may be asking to borrow your Glock to compare it with their Smith & Wesson or you may want to try another's 1911 or old lever action.

The whole idea of these is to meet each other and become friends, put names to faces, and enjoy a day of shooting. Some of us shoot a lot, some shoot a little. Some bring BBQ grills and cook food for others, smoke cigars and talk guns. There are occasionally informal/fun competitions where we shoot at paper targets. We lend each other guns and try out other peoples guns. Its all about fun.

Jedi coordinates all the donations of plywood. But yes, '2-nds' would be great.

All of this!
    Bookmark this link:
    INGunOwners - 2012 NWI Events

So you know when the APR-NOV meets will be.

Join this group:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana
    & I will send you a PM when upcoming events occur.

-Jedi

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Ill be there
    Colt Combat Elite .45 ACP -some ammo
    Ruger MIII Hunter .22-ammo
    G19 9mm-ammo
    RIA 1911 9mm-ammo
    10/22 bull barrel .22-ammo
    Also a case of coke and money for plywood

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Any chance of a 6.5 Grendel making an appearance? :whistle:

BTW ... I'm working on getting a Krebs Custom AK to this shoot. Don't put me down as attending though. With my work schedule, I could be a last second drop so ... we'll see what happens that day.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The yellow one with the 19" Saber Defense upper or the custom long range one with the stainless bull barrel?

Maybe the bull barrel one? (I assume they are both scoped?) I will be checking out Cabela's this week (store and online) for some of the Hornady match ammo.

Last time I wanted to try it out, I either didn't make it to the shoot or I never got a hold of some ammo. Would like to see how it stacks up to one of my rifles (I think I already know the answer ... :D). Unfortunately, Winamac doesn't allow these guns to really stretch out their shootin' legs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe the bull barrel one? (I assume they are both scoped?) I will be checking out Cabela's this week (store and online) for some of the Hornady match ammo.

Last time I wanted to try it out, I either didn't make it to the shoot or I never got a hold of some ammo. Would like to see how it stacks up to one of my rifles (I think I already know the answer ... :D). Unfortunately, Winamac doesn't allow these guns to really stretch out their shootin' legs.
    I can bring some different ammo for you to try.

I'd love to see what the gun can do in the hands of someone who actually knows how to shoot. . . because I am NOT a good long range shooter.

200 yards is not long enough for you snob?
    I let Juan and GeronimoJoe85 shoot the 'long range' 6.5 Grendel at the 200 yard marker at the Winamac range. They each shot a 3 shot group. Joe is a very good shot but hadn't shot for accuracy in a couple years, he was Army trained. Joe's group was under 3/4th of an inch and Juan's was just over 1" at 200 yards. That's half MOA. I have gotten groups of 7/8ths of an inch at 200 yards. Mind you they didn't spend hours shooting, they simply sat at the bench, fired off a couple practice shots, then shot for a group. I doubt either put more than 10 rounds through that gun.

jshaft37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    New forum member here. I was interested in coming out on the 24th, but was curious if this is primarily a competition, or just a shoot around? I haven't been out all winter (new baby) and wanted to get some trigger time with my 22's since I know my shot is going to be terrible.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    New forum member here. I was interested in coming out on the 24th, but was curious if this is primarily a competition, or just a shoot around? I haven't been out all winter (new baby) and wanted to get some trigger time with my 22's since I know my shot is going to be terrible.

The competition is a tiny part. Mostly it's just hanging out, bbq'ing, shooting, and trying other peoples guns that are better than yours. :rockwoot:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

1% competition ... 99% eating, fun, and sharing (stories, ideas, and guns).

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    And it should be noted that only about 1/2 of the people who attend the meet & shoots actually do the competition. There is no pressure to compete if people are not inclined to do so.

I've been to around 4 or 5 of these Meet and Shoots and only competed at the last two due to not wanting to be the worst shot there. Luckily for me, I wasn't and I enjoyed losing :D

(Then again I'm a Brit, I'm used to it...)

I thought I'd get that in there.

Come along, you'll have a blast...pardon the pun.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Sadly :( I have to cancel out.

Just found out that my wife got tickets to The Blue Man Group in Chicago. Looks like I will be doing "family stuff" in the city then going to the show.

Ahhhh Jesus! (and i'm not talking about one of jedi's cousins)
    Just bring her with to the Meet and Shoot. Me and Joe will juggle and spit marshmallows into each others mouths.
    You get to shoot, she get's to be entertained....kinda.
    Everyone wins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom