Not open for further replies.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    LWRC REPR ??? I'm in!

Will you be ok with Winchester 147 grain 7.62x51(Q3130) through the rifle?

They recomend 168-175 grain match. But i was going to try lower grain bullets and different manufactures anyway just to see what it can handle. So yes! I think they're recommendation is more about accuracy then anything, maybe they worry about the piston not cycling fully. Just no reloads or non brass cases.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Bubba16430, Skeet is a bit different... and needs much more setup to do.. What you would trying to do is Trap... one or two throwers setup to throw in front of you in some manner... Skeet can actually come back at you. It's addictive once you learn your shotty's patterning and how to lead the clays... It's also normally a two man operation atleast.. One to throw and load clays and the other to shoot at them. Just my .02 cents worth...

wow there's gonna be a 308 on the range that day.... maybe I should bring mine too.... way expensive to shoot though...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    They recomend 168-175 grain match. But i was going to try lower grain bullets and different manufactures anyway just to see what it can handle. So yes! I think they're recommendation is more about accuracy then anything, maybe they worry about the piston not cycling fully. Just no reloads or non brass cases.

Yep, I'm almost certain the recommendation is for accuracy. My stuff is factory. It's true 7.62x51 NATO (not .308). It's been double and triple checked for proper primer seating ... by me. It's good to go.

BTW, what's the barrel length? twist rate, 10 or 11.25?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yep, I'm almost certain the recommendation is for accuracy. My stuff is factory. It's true 7.62x51 NATO (not .308). It's been double and triple checked for proper primer seating ... by me. It's good to go.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Oh black label c what u have gone & done! WD is foaming at the mouth now just thinking about your rifle, he is probably jumping up and down for joy like a little girl about to see Justin B. & here I though we were going to be SJ resident free. Hum.. -1 mark for black label for tempting WD to come. :D

BTW is the the .308 that GB is referring to? Or did I miss someone else bring one? Also ammo status black label for this weapon is what?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ...BTW is the the .308 that GB is referring to? Or did I miss someone else bring one? Also ammo status black label for this weapon is what?

I believe that GB was referring to the REPR. It should fire .308 Win ammunition, though it's not a good idea to use .308 in a NATO chambered semi-auto rifle.

Fulton Armory

Yahoo Answers

.303 British comparison

Personally, as a courtesy to black label, I would refrain from using .308 Win ammo in his LWRCi REPR.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My FAL and the Belt fed will shoot 308 or 762X51 regardless, and steel too... but there would have to be a lot of guys who wanted to bring ammo to shoot through the belt fed for me to load that thing up and bring it out...

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart

Cool. The barrel is 16". Twist rate is 1 in 10, 6 groove. The only reason I said no reloads is it will void the warranty. I will also have my FNAR that has a 20" fluted heavy barrel, also 7.62x51.

The repr is also a short stroke piston system. I think that's why the said lighter bullets might not cycle. I seriously doubt that would happen unless it had a light powder charge. Also there is a picture of it in my profile picture album. At work on my phone and haven't really figured the whole picture thing out

Last edited:

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Oh black label c what u have gone & done! WD is foaming at the mouth now just thinking about your rifle, he is probably jumping up and down for joy like a little girl about to see Justin B. & here I though we were going to be SJ resident free. Hum.. -1 mark for black label for tempting WD to come. :D

BTW is the the .308 that GB is referring to? Or did I miss someone else bring one? Also ammo status black label for this weapon is what?

My apologies jedi but maybe we can tempt him away from the dark side with the repress. If you want to shoot it you need to move. (purple)

Ammo I'm guessing i'll have about one hundred rounds of 168 gr. Federal gold match. Also depends what i find at cabelas sat. Morning

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Hey guys & gals! I'm planning on picking up a YHM Forearm for my AR before the shoot so I can actually make use out of my irons instead of just having them for show.:rolleyes: I've got a few questions for all of you attending.

1.) Is $100 a reasonable price for the above linked YHM forearm, if it's condition is ~95%? Recommended? (I believe that's the model I'd be getting)
    2.) Will I need a new gas block on my Stag M3L for that particular forearm to fit?
    3.) If I do indeed need a new gas block, anyone attending have one that would work and be willing to sell at the event?
    4.) If the answer to number 2 & 3 are both "Yes", is this something that could be easily installed at the range? Anyone willing to help me if it is? I'd be more than happy to throw whoever a lil $ or let them have their way with any of my guns! ;)

Thanks! :D

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    looks like t_star and i will be there for a couple hours in the morning, gotta be in tinley park at 2ish for her nephews 4th bday party so prolly gonna need to scat around noon.
    will be bringing
    PARA-ORD SLIM HAWG .45 (will have some ammo)
    RIA mil-spec .45 (will have some ammo)
    KAHR CM9 9mm (some ammo)
    GLOCK 35 .40 & .357 SIG (have some .40 might have a little .357 sig)
    WINCHESTER 1894 30-30 (have some ammo)
    whatever else i may think of before next month :D

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I will be there with a Ruger LC9 and a Glock 19.
    What is the best way to make a donation for plywood?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @newbomb92 & 3steps
    what is your ammo status?

- will have ammo
    - will have limited ammo
    - please bring ammo

Not I think both are new to this and NOBODY expects you to bring ammo for EVERYONE else to shoot in your guns. We use the above 3 to give others an idea of how much ammo they should bring to shoot in their and other's guns.

For example typically a member with a .308 will bring limited ammo so everyone can shoot it out of her rifle. Now if you want to say shoot 50+ rounds from a .308 rifle that is coming then please bring some as it's very expensive. As the cost of the ammo goes down (.22 for example) no one seems to mind. Heck ,22 is almost like coke from scarface at these events.

scarface.jpg

with the ammo on all the benches.
    :rofl:

Note...
    I see member "John Doe" is bringing his 1911, can I shoot it?
    Most members bring their guns to shot and allow others to shoot them as well. If you see a gun on the list you would like to shoot, ask the owner (post it) what type of ammo brand they like so you could use it. Some members supply the ammo. Be considerate of others and bring some more if you can so everyone can try the firearm.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I will have ammo. I also plan on bringing some .357, .40, .45, and .233. I want to get experience with as many guns as possible.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I scored some 357 maximum at the show today.... Soooo I'm bringing the Dan Wesson 357 maximum, along with a 686, 5 inch Smith 60 in 357, a 327 R8, the beretta 92FS and Storm carbine, a Marlin in 357, a 1022 or two, and the Saiga 12... I don't have a lot of ammo for the larger calibers so if you want to go nuts bring ammo... I will be starting the Saiga with Clif45 on one end and I fully expect you guys to give her a real workout... Looking forward to shooting with you guys ... and hoping for some nice weather....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom