Not open for further replies.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    What distance for the rifle competition?

Well it's typically done on the 25 yard but if Goober wants to do it on any of the others that is kool me me.

I was actually debating on moving the rifle competition to the 50 yard. Would anyone be opposed to that? I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to equalize the scoped to iron sight users. ;) What do you all think? Keep it at the 25yd or move up to the 50yd? :dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I was actually debating on moving the rifle competition to the 50 yard. Would anyone be opposed to that? I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to equalize the scoped to iron sight users. ;) What do you all think? Keep it at the 25yd or move up to the 50yd? :dunno:

St. John votes ... FARTHER!

:whistle:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :lol2:

It appears i'm going to not only throw in some twists to equalize the scoped to iron sight shooters, but also some for all the St. John shooters! :):;)

I really should have put that in purple. I'm ok with the 25 line and I would recommend keeping it there. Equalizers are a good idea, too.

Not having ever arrived in time for one, does the entire "match" happen in one fell swoop or is it a "playoff" type elimination that culminates in the crowning of a champion?

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I really should have put that in purple. I'm ok with the 25 line and I would recommend keeping it there. Equalizers are a good idea, too.

Not having ever arrived in time for one, does the entire "match" happen in one fell swoop or is it a "playoff" type elimination that culminates in the crowning of a champion?

Don't worry. I caught the sarcasm. ;)

My only issue with the 25yd line is that the people with scopes (esp. .22's) DOMINATE those with irons. I have yet to find a way to really "equalize" that problem on the 25. :dunno:

Just for times sake, and the fact that the competition is mainly for fun / bragging rights, we've done it in one fell swoop. I'd be open to suggestions though!

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Don't worry. I caught the sarcasm. ;)

My only issue with the 25yd line is that the people with scopes (esp. .22's) DOMINATE those with irons. I have yet to find a way to really "equalize" that problem on the 25. :dunno:

Just for times sake, and the fact that the competition is mainly for fun / bragging rights, we've done it in one fell swoop. I'd be open to suggestions though!

So true what if you have scoped at the 50 and irons at the 25? just an idea?
    hit me up though goober

jshaft37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    What's the protocol for trying some other user's firearms? I'm in the market for a fullsize service/duty pistol and I see there's going to be at least a few M&P, XD, Glocks, etc. It'd be great to get a chance to shoot them side by side.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What's the protocol for trying some other user's firearms? I'm in the market for a fullsize service/duty pistol and I see there's going to be at least a few M&P, XD, Glocks, etc. It'd be great to get a chance to shoot them side by side.

Hey man, can I shoot your gun?
    Go for it.
    /protocol
    :D

The rule of thumb is, if you just want to fire a few shots, most people will let you use their ammo to try their gun. If you want to shoot thru a whole mag or 10, it's polite to have your own. But often if it's an unusual caliber people are super cool and will hook you up if you're really interested.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    The polite way is to bring a box of factory brass cased ammo and ask.

Most of the time (say if you don't bring 45) folks will spot you a few rounds. Don't expect to shoot up a box of 50, but most are willing to loan you 5-10.

jshaft37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Alright, barring any unforeseen hiccups I should be out there.

Shooting:
    CZ 452 22lr w/ BRNO Match Sights
    Marlin 795 22lr w/ Tech Sights

Possibly Shooting:
    Wingmaster 12ga
    Mini 14
    Savage .223
    Colt Commander .45

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Alright, barring any unforeseen hiccups I should be out there.

Shooting:
    CZ 452 22lr w/ BRNO Match Sights
    Marlin 795 22lr w/ Tech Sights

Possibly Shooting:
    Wingmaster 12ga
    Mini 14
    Savage .223
    Colt Commander .45

Is this what you are bringing? Or what others are bring and you will want to shot? I ask so I can updated the main list with weapons coming.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Andy is bringing a Ruger 1911, it might be for sale?

I might take it ... does it come with a box of nitrile gloves?

nitrile-pro.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom