• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't know if I introduced myself to you or not, but there were so many new faces there today.

Great to see all the newbies :)

Nice to meet you, sir :) Thanks for the loan of the rifle - I managed to get into the third place shoot off with it (with luck and you spotting me).
    Same here. Maybe I can get the silly thing zeroed before the next shoot;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also had a great time today. It was great meeting everyone and getting to try out different guns. Looks like a M&P 9c and a 22 will be in my near future.

Can't wait for the next one!

I think I remember you to. I've got half a dozen .22s you can try out. And I have a s&w m&p .22 pistol on layaway.

And I'm debating an ar-7 survival rifle

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Bubbajms reporting in!

What a great time, as always. No place to park, of course, but hey, what do you expect?

Stopped over at the 100yd range when we first arrived. I was there with my dad and brother, who had come over for the weekend to so some test shooting on my range at home. As soon as we got close to the range, my dad spotted Repeater with his SCAR, and they talked for probably 15 minutes, until the mob of .50 followers came to shoot. I will say, the shock wave was impressive - but it was so hectic that I moved over to the 200yd range to do my own shooting for the day. I wanted to let my AR stretch a little and see how I could do with iron sights (acceptable) and my dad wanted to shoot his scoped AR since it was sighted at 25 yards (the longest range available when we sighted it in) and it did VERY well - kudos to S&W for their M&P rifle!

As we finished up, a guy came up with a sled and spotting scope (ya know, the stuff the "REAL" distance shooters use) and we chatted with him. He wasn't an INGO member, and was a little surprised when he got there and there was no place to park! I gave him into and told him he should check us out - we'll see, I guess!

We wandered over to the shorter ranges and REALLY got into the thick of it then.. it's like you are mobbed, really, with food and firearms and friendly people. We were offered so much food and drink that it wasn't funny, and my dad was very impressed by how many folks weren't just willing to let you shoot what they had, they almost INSISTED on it! He talked with actaeon277 for probably a half-hour, going over the different .22s alone.

What a great afternoon - I'll be keeping an eye out for April and May, as I know there will be no way for me to make June/July at all. Thanks for a great time, guys and gals!

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Andy, you wanted the stainless or tungsten guide rod, I have a striker retainer pin if your want and the punches to make it easy. Check out the 9mm barrel also as it is quite fun to shoot

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's After Action Report

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $48.94
    Expenses: N/A
    Donations: $17 ($7 gunbunnies; $10 :dunno: I can't remember who gave it to me SO VERY sorry)
    Post-Event Pot: $65.94
    ---

--DNR RO TALK--
    Mr. Kraft was happy to see us again and he got a huge trill with the 8' long wooden post that were donated this time around. He advised he is running low on both plywood (had 3 left) and wooden post. He told me he was surprised the brooms have lasted so long considered they are the cheap-o type. Granted some of the brooms are "shorter" now, others are missing brushes (partial) but over all it was a good investment from the $ store last year.

I asked him want he needed the most and his priorities are plywood, then brooms, then post. This batch of post should help him out that we gave him.

So next month and we can coordinate this once we get the next "event post up" I think we have the money(in the pot) to bring at least 6 plywoods and 8 brooms.

If the member that brought the wooden post can get them again for free (ie. they are scrap from his work I think) and you can bring them that will be :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I think it was black label who brought the plywood and can get more from work at a discount. If you can bring more I will give you cash/check for it in terms of the donation for it.

Also El Guerro brought us some plywood as well. I like that little trailer BTW on that truck. I sure could use that. ;)
    ---

--FOOD UPDATE--
    We have 15 bags of unopened chips, 22 cans of mix pop, salt & pepper 16 hot dog and 8 burger buns that can make it till next month. We are running a bit low on cups but other than that everything else is well stocked!

Thank you to everyone that has donated this month.
    We had hot dogs, brauts (thanks to Ed), burgers, burgers from fresh "death cow" (thanks to KLB) and OMG they were beyond good!!! Can we just kill a cow on site next time and cook it. That burger made me go to burger heaven!!, bread, bread, and more bread (+1 to everyone that heard my cry for bread), pop, ice tea, water, rice water (The BOMB! thanks El Guerro), donuts, cookies, coffee cake, guacamole, and cole slaw, pasta salad.

I'm pertty sure everyone had something that wanted something. All the burgers were gone & we ended up with 4 hot dogs in the end. Not bad.

A very big THANK YOU to ShootinDave and KLB for helping me with the grills. One person can't man 3 grills. :) Melensdad thank you for letting us use your grill. It was the hotdog grill. ShootingDave got burger duty while I took on the mixed meats.

--NEW GUEST--
    A ton of new faces this time around and best of all a lot of youngsters and new shooters and families! We must be doing something right. :)

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    We had 2 NWI INGO competitions this time around.

Pistol Competition
    This right around I work hard on getting "the target" that DaveGrave would enjoy the most. It was the "stay on topic" star wars guy!
    tagert2012-03swrebelfighter.png

But alas some LOSER did not shot up! & thus next month the stay on topic guy will continue till DaveGave shots up to the meets.

The winners were:

1st Place: turnandshoot with a score of 20!
    Winner got a Cabela's gift card.
    (Can someone please post the picture of it!)

Last Place: chunga with a score of -15 for he shoot my PINK Hello Kitty Vader! He got the "boo-boo" certificate for the month. And also a small PINK coffee can as well. :laugh:
    (Can someone please post the picture of it!)

Next month we will have some INGO gear for the winner. :yesway:

--MY DAY--
    Well we (WD, son and me) got to the range at 8:10AM (left the house at 6:20AM after some van trouble) so I could have some shooting time before all the losers and thieves showed up.

Sadly that did not happen as some family of "you people" got there before us and had the entire 25 yard range! It was grandpa, grandma, 4 adults (brothers & 1 sisters) and abut 10 kids. So we set up the canopy, tables, etc. and waited. They told me they were going to shoot for 1.5 hours and then go fishing to monecello ??sp?? lake. It was a Hammond family event day. :)

Needless to say I did not get to focus any appleeseed time this time around. :(

To add insult to injury I brought my AK and brought the wrong ammo for it! I brought the hot corrosive brass ammo instead of the steel cases surplus non-corrosive stuff. :xmad: I wanted to test the AK now that I had changed all the wood out, charge some internal parts as well to ALL US-MADE parts.

Well I blasted away with the corrosive stuff and it did work and the AK did not blow up in my face. WD's son went to town with the AK and some 160 rounds later it was all good. Now granted when I got home I was screaming like a little t_star/kitty/Sacrifice_Me/Lady Ghost because I was concerned on how I was going to clean the AK.

I recalled this video
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioAhKvWkdaI&feature=related[/ame]
    and recalled reading that basically you just want to get the salt out and hot/warm water will do the trick.

So going against everything that is "right" I used the utility sink and just became poring warm/hot water into the AK with a cup. OMG... OMG... OMG... OMG.... Cause guns + water is not right, right. :D After my inital shock I hit myself cause IT'S AN AK!!!! IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE TREATED THIS WAY! ;)

In any case 1/4 of a can of WD-40 later I was off to cleaning it.

The good news is that my guns got shot very little by me or others!
    10/22 - 30 rounds (20 by NapalmFTW)
    S&W - 50 rounds (none by me)
    AK - 160 (10 by me)

So the cleaning of guns this time was very easy. :D

Other Guns
    Got to shoot the P22 with silencer and WOW! I was lucky to be able to shoot it before anyone else started firing and used no ear protection to see what it sounded like. WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! I'm in love with that sound. Why can't all our guns be like this.

Gobber let me shoot his double barrel 20g shotgun that is so old it has no sieral #. he,he,he... that was a blast! I just kept laughing and laughing shooting that thing.

Andy219 the desert eagle is just too big for me. It was nice but too big. & no I'm not craxy enough to shoot the 500 revolver. One time last time was enough.

Melensdad yuck! The warthog blows! It's ways to fat and kicks like a mule.

Magic Man thanks for allowing us to PINK your GSG. NaplamFTW can you show me a pic of it. :D

Last but not least I did have a chance to shoot the 50 cal and :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I was expecting the recoil to kill me dead (man I sound liek NapalmFTW now) but it was not bad. My AK kicks harder then that. What I am :laugh::laugh::laugh: about it the "blast" you feel on your face after the shoot and the "eeeeeeeee" noise that your ears give you.

We need to have that baby come out again and we need to go a big group buy for .50 cal ammo. Man that is a big round! I put it next to the SKS round that I have and my SKS round looks like .22 next to it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

--The Coffee Can Saga--
    So if you don't know about the coffee can saga please read this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...ml#post2272608
    and then this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...offee_can.html

Well I think I finally was able to solve the issue. I painted my can PINK and guess what? It made it back home with lost of brass.

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. I will post a new thread in the events section shortly for the APRIL NWI INGO MEET & SHOOT so we can begin the voting.

-Jedi

ps.
    Please upload the pics everyone took.

Also GB did you get a final number count on how many showed up?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'll be uploading the pics soon. I need to clean t_star's ex-girlfriend first... she's a dirty girl.

.... the ex-gf not t_star...

edit: PS:... thanks to Jedi for organising these as usual... he's da bomb as you people say... and thanks to him for letting me use his gun. You told me to just use up the rest of the ammo you gave me, so I did. Was it the good stuff or the cheapo stuff (I'll bring some better ammo next time if I don't have my own rifle to shoot a comp with).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That'd be me. :D

I would say Thank You but then again you are the one that left a GLOCK magazine behind and I had to touch it and get the GLOCK kooties on me. I have to wash my hand in HOT BLEACH after touching that GLOCK product. :D

Jedi, I think you mean you were screaming like a little Jedi!!! :p :p :D

:rofl: I would be very afraid of these "little jedi"
    little-jedi.jpg

and
    3038786747_ae766e6e37.jpg

edit: PS:... thanks to Jedi for organising these as usual... he's da bomb as you people say... and thanks to him for letting me use his gun. You told me to just use up the rest of the ammo you gave me, so I did. Was it the good stuff or the cheapo stuff (I'll bring some better ammo next time if I don't have my own rifle to shoot a comp with).

u r welcome. I was just happy to finally be able to close out the group radio group buy since you were the last member I was waiting to get it.

As for the ammo it's the same stuff I bought you from cabela's. Federal Bulk Ammo. It's OK stuff. It's dirty and crappy like Remmington Golden Boy (which I have an use for my newbies) but it's not the real good stuff like Clif45 uses when he goes to Appleeseed which is CCI. It's avg but good for our general purposes.

You want to do better next time have clip bring his Appleseed rifle (10/22 just like mine but it has the sling) and get CCI ammo. I can get the top marks with my rifle and the federal ammo but I have to really work at it. No sling and the "ok" ammo of Federal makes it a challenge vs being able to use a sling **AND** using the better target ammo which is what CCI is.

-Jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks dude. I think he was shooting against WD with that 10/22.

So the 10/22 can be really accurate?

It seemed like I had to make the orange dot JUST disapear with the tip of the front sight to get a hit in the bullseye. Maybe just where it was zeroed and different head position on the stock etc.

I can't wait to get my own rifle... missed shooting them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks dude. I think he was shooting against WD with that 10/22.

So the 10/22 can be really accurate?

It seemed like I had to make the orange dot JUST disapear with the tip of the front sight to get a hit in the bullseye. Maybe just where it was zeroed and different head position on the stock etc.

I can't wait to get my own rifle... missed shooting them.

10/22 can be very accurate once you mind what ammo they love.
    You should try one of AuntieB's 10/22 that she has tricked out for the appleseed. Not sure if Clif45 has done it but AnutieB changed a lot of the stock internals (lighter trigger, etc..) and that rifle is super accurate.

I think the only thing all of our rifles are missing is the lower stock grip tape on them.

-Jedi

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There were latex gloves there, Jedi, you coulda double wrapped! :D :D

Hu? Where? @ the meet? Who had them? I'm thinking plastic gloves for those of us that cook next time as well as a meet/alumiun tray to hold the hot meat.

@ALL

WHO LEFT BEHIND A CERTAIN PRODUCT THAT STARTS WITH THE LETTER "W" IN A BAG WITH BREAD?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can see if my sister in law still has beef. She is the one that raises the cows. She usually wants like $3 a pd for it.

Of course that would require some prep work for burgers.;)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I would say Thank You but then again you are the one that left a GLOCK magazine behind and I had to touch it and get the GLOCK kooties on me. I have to wash my hand in HOT BLEACH after touching that GLOCK product. :D

:bacondance:

Thanks for the evidence that I quoted. Gaston will be sending me a big check next week!!!

:ingo:

Btw, I have a new idea for multiple targets using the free cardboard that I have access to. It involves a can of spray paint. ;) And just a little work on my part, to make many, many targets. ;)

Considering how much work YOU, and OTHERS, put into these events, its no problem.

:ingo:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There were latex gloves there, Jedi, you coulda double wrapped! :D :D

I can see if my sister in law still has beef. She is the one that raises the cows. She usually wants like $3 a pd for it.

Of course that would require some prep work for burgers.;)

do u think we can just bring the cow and shoot it with the .50 cal and .22l before we eat it. :rofl:

BTW 48 more hours to get all your commets/pic in before we close this thread.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll get some pics up when I have time. Just recovered from the mids i had to work AFTER the shooting. I'm getting too old for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom