actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bubbajms reporting in!

... I was there with my dad and brother, who had come over for the weekend to so some test shooting on my range at home. As soon as we got close to the range, my dad spotted Repeater with his SCAR, and they talked for probably 15 minutes, until the mob of .50 followers came to shoot. I will say, the shock wave was impressive - but it was so hectic that I moved over to the 200yd range to do my own shooting for the day. I wanted to let my AR stretch a little and see how I could do with iron sights (acceptable) and my dad wanted to shoot his scoped AR since it was sighted at 25 yards (the longest range available when we sighted it in) and it did VERY well - kudos to S&W for their M&P rifle!

We wandered over to the shorter ranges and REALLY got into the thick of it then.. it's like you are mobbed, really, with food and firearms and friendly people. We were offered so much food and drink that it wasn't funny, and my dad was very impressed by how many folks weren't just willing to let you shoot what they had, they almost INSISTED on it! He talked with actaeon277 for probably a half-hour, going over the different .22s alone.

Nice to meet you and your Dad. Repeter says hello.
    Next time, have your dad shoot a few of the .22s. They like to be shot.

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    Great time, thanks Jadi for the hard work and try to make it in the 60+ crowd, did not have chance to meet other guys from the getto section becuse we move to the 50 yds to let one newbee shoot my guns, but we had great time until close, after we move from the range we were to the shotguns area until Mr Kraft give us 10 minute notice to close.

BTW u are welcome to use my trailer and truck any time u need, have 5 pick ups and dump truck, 4 trailers, we do lawn care beside other stuff, and is how we roll LOL.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    do u think we can just bring the cow and shoot it with the .50 cal and .22l before we eat it. :rofl:

BTW 48 more hours to get all your commets/pic in before we close this thread.
    They are kind of hard to transport when whole. :rolleyes:

Not to mention 22lr would just **** it off. ;)

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I finally got around to uploading pics:

Jedi customising Magic Man's GSG-1911
    DSC_0152.JPG

geronimoejoe in full recoil:

DSC_0154.JPG

Ghost of Winter and the "bacon"

DSC_0155.JPG

One of "YOU PEOPLE" stealing brass to weigh in at the scrap yard:
    DSC_0157.JPG

Lonehoosier's gunracks in use:
    DSC_0158.JPG

Telling us something we already knew:
    DSC_0165.JPG

t_star and her ex-girlfriend:
    DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

t_star's hubby, Kevin, with the .500 in full recoil. That thing is a flippin' beast!!!
    DSC_0171.JPG

Turnandshoot and his prize for winning the pistol comp:
    DSC_0178.JPG

The "booby" prize:
    DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They are kind of hard to transport when whole. :rolleyes:

Not to mention 22lr would just **** it off. ;)

Trust me if we could get away with it on the range I know the boys would find a way to transport the cow to the range. But I suspect that once they were done we might not be able to eat the cow. Espeically if GB brings the saiga again. :)

Jedi, I know where you live.:bat:

I'm so sorry that I'm not that good at painting guns as sadclown is. I watched several youtube videos to get the technique down but all those loud BLAST at the range made me jumpy as I was working on the gun. I do hope you like it's new look. ;)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Pink the other manly color.... ummmmm not sure if that came out right....

Of course we could with the Saiga 12, we would just have to use slugs and be much more accurate in it's delivery..... 20 rounds down range is the only way to humanely prepare a cow for your grilling table, don't you know.... it would tenderize it just right.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sorry Jedi, I lost count at 48 people... they just kept showing up... OK so now you know I can take good pictures, but just can't count... LOL

ShootingDave, I had that poster you wanted... you disappeared though by the time I left....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I saw a whole lot of people. I don't think it would have been possible to get an accurate count with the coming and going plus those that drifted over to the longer ranges.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Nipprdog, that rifle was awesome. Only the second time ever, that I shot a rifle. What kind was it, I need to add that to my list. Hopefully the videos turn out good, I'm not tge best cameraman, hopefully it wasn't shaking to much. Not sure if you get a + or - because now I have a whole new type of gun to learn and buy..

It was my Just Right Carbine in 9mm. Next time, you need try to my Remington 7615P.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    BTW 48 more hours to get all your commets/pic in before we close this thread.

I gotta ask ... what's with the rush to close the thread? I think you should give us at least 96 hours ... even 72 would be ok. Last Meet & Shoot, I spent a considerable amount of time editing pics only to find the thread closed when I was ready to post. (Had some good pics too.) :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I gotta ask ... what's with the rush to close the thread? I think you should give us at least 96 hours ... even 72 would be ok. Last Meet & Shoot, I spent a considerable amount of time editing pics only to find the thread closed when I was ready to post. (Had some good pics too.) :(

No rush really it's been the std. 3 day before I have the mods close it. Now that I know you are a slow poke we can keep it open for longer. We don't want you to cry that you did not get to upload your pics. Actually this time around we are still waiting for GB to upload the pics as well.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    No rush really it's been the std. 3 day before I have the mods close it. Now that I know you are a slow poke we can keep it open for longer. We don't want you to cry that you did not get to upload your pics. Actually this time around we are still waiting for GB to upload the pics as well.

I was just informed of my schedule by "she who must be obeyed" and compared that schedule to what needs to get done. Go ahead and close the thread when you are ready. I'll post what I have in the General NWI Thread. Thanks for your consideration though. I will not view it as a sign of weakness on your part. Good Meet & Shoot, btw.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    But alas some LOSER did not shot up! & thus next month the stay on topic guy will continue till DaveGave shots up to the meets.

I'm super sad I missed it. It sounds like it was amazing. But my weekend ended up being pretty lucrative, so I guess it's good I missed the shoot.

Oh sorry Jedi, "lucrative" means "producing a great deal of profit".
    In Spanish it would be "lucrativo", if that helps.

lucrativo - Definición - WordReference.com :patriot:

But I can't wait to shoot the stay on topic guy at the next event. I won't miss it for anything. :ar15:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom