Jun 25, 2012
    001-0204215121-Lady-Liberty-Assault.jpg

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Question: Fifty years from now, when I'm an old man with children and grandchildren (assuming I live that long and humanity hasn't wiped itself out by then) and Obama is long gone, how do you think the history books will remember Obama and the ACA?

For example Abraham Lincoln was absolutely hated when he was in office by both Northerners and Southerners alike, and some people believed it was essentially the end of world. Centuries later he's remembered as one of the greatest President's to have ever held the office. The same can be said for other Presidents throughout history.

Who knows, maybe Obama or Bush jr who was also widely disliked by certan segments of the population will be looked upon favorably when my grandkids are taking U.S. history.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You are an intelligent poster. Please tell me you aren't joining the truther/birther/banner camp.

Look at the timeline when this occurred. Look at the flap about '90% of drug gang killings in Mexico are by weapons sold in the US' that featured Barak, Hillary, the President of Mexico, and Eric Holder. The push was for more gun control. There was no mechanism in place for tracking the weapons; the BATFE agents in Mexico weren't informed it was an ongoing operation; the BATFE agents that attempted to track the weapons were told to stand down; Mexico says it wasn't informed of the operation; when the story leaked, the DOJ first denied it, then denied it in writing to Congress, then withdrew their denial, then stonewalled it. Finally, when it got down to cases, Eric Holder refused to allow the case to be investigated and President Obama claimed Executive Privilege. What does that sound like to you?

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN

Before I say anything, I don't mean any offense whatsoever to you Manwithnoname. But when I see this picture and others like it, I can't help but feel that people are overreacting. I mean, the countries held together for just under 300 years. We were invaded in 1812, nearly tore ourselves apart in the Civil War, we made it through TWO world wars, fought for what we believed was right through Vietnam, survived the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Cold War, made it through the Middle East two times around, and the crisis we're currently facing as a nation is the state of the economy. This great nation has survived all of these things, she will survive ACA.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a ‘mandate.’ The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

-Ron Paul

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Question: Fifty years from now, when I'm an old man with children and grandchildren (assuming I live that long and humanity hasn't wiped itself out by then) and Obama is long gone, how do you think the history books will remember Obama and the ACA?
    He'll be remembered as the president who signed a big tax into place and as the guy who set us on the road to a single payer health care system.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    For your information I am very smart and will be starting my fourth year of college this fall. And you're right, I don't know how to run a business, and I don't care too, but at one point HE DID provide health insurance but he no longer does for reasons that I've never asked about. Lastly, I haven't criticized ANYONE on this forum or insulted their intelligence because of their statements or political beliefs and unlike you am respectful enough of other people's opinions to refrain from doing so. I'd say more, but I'm not going to on a public forum.

If you have a coherent rebuttal instead of injured dignity, feel free to speak up. But since you freely admit you have no interest in business, perhaps you should educate yourself before you open your mouth about things of which you obviously know nothing. Not too many people on this forum get away with spouting talking points without being called on it.

And just to beat up on you some more, feeling the way you do, why don't you dislike your dad for being so greedy that he doesn't provide health insurance for his employees? I mean, greed is why those nasty millionaires and billionaires don't pay their fair share, right?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Before I say anything, I don't mean any offense whatsoever to you Manwithnoname. But when I see this picture and others like it, I can't help but feel that people are overreacting. I mean, the countries held together for just under 300 years. We were invaded in 1812, nearly tore ourselves apart in the Civil War, we made it through TWO world wars, fought for what we believed was right through Vietnam, survived the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Cold War, made it through the Middle East two times around, and the crisis we're currently facing as a nation is the state of the economy. This great nation has survived all of these things, she will survive ACA.

Congrats! Your years in college have enabled you to list a few wars. What it seems to have failed to teach is reading comprehension. Tons of posts here have showed how the wealthy pay high tax rates, but you continue to rail against the wealthy and how they don't pay their share. Instead of depending on higher education you should take it upon yourself to read the federalist papers and the constitution.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    No offense taken.
    Never said anything about the nation.
    The picture does include an image of the nation.

Last edited:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    another quote

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it."

~ Thomas Sowell

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For example Abraham Lincoln was absolutely hated when he was in office by both Northerners and Southerners alike, and some people believed it was essentially the end of world. Centuries later he's remembered as one of the greatest President's to have ever held the office. The same can be said for other Presidents throughout history.
    Lincoln still deserves to be hated.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    This is the dumbest thought I have seen expressed on INGO in some time. Maybe the mods are up for round two.

It is hilarious how they felt the need to label their participants. I guess the mouth breathers need such guidance.

What, are you new here? :D

Just wait till the "From Adams" etc. posts start filling the forum again.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

The cartoon doesn't reference the ACA, it references the HHS mandates that everyone will have to pay for abortions and birth control, no matter if it violates their religious beliefs. This issue will also be making its way to the Supremes.

Top Bottom