• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think those sentiments are particularly ridiculous considering that your father is a small businessman who, presumably, has his business to make money rather than to support employees (if he were in that business, he'd supply them with health insurance, wouldn't he?). The 'damn millionaires and billionaires' supply the money that creates jobs for the average joe and jane. In terms of actual dollars paid, they pay something like 75% of all income taxes, so why should they pay a higher percentage.

You're obviously young and probably not very smart because your old man is a businessman and you don't understand the first thing about what it takes to run a business or you would put stupid statements like that in purple text, the way that sort of statement should always be rendered.

Zowwweeee! :yesway:

again, we don't have an revenue problem, we have a SPENDING problem

Why is this so hard to understand?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think those sentiments are particularly ridiculous considering that your father is a small businessman who, presumably, has his business to make money rather than to support employees (if he were in that business, he'd supply them with health insurance, wouldn't he?). The 'damn millionaires and billionaires' supply the money that creates jobs for the average joe and jane. In terms of actual dollars paid, they pay something like 75% of all income taxes, so why should they pay a higher percentage.

You're obviously young and probably not very smart because your old man is a businessman and you don't understand the first thing about what it takes to run a business or you would put stupid statements like that in purple text, the way that sort of statement should always be rendered.

Man! I should have taken a breath sometime during that last paragraph!:laugh:

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN

For your information I am very smart and will be starting my fourth year of college this fall. And you're right, I don't know how to run a business, and I don't care too, but at one point HE DID provide health insurance but he no longer does for reasons that I've never asked about. Lastly, I haven't criticized ANYONE on this forum or insulted their intelligence because of their statements or political beliefs and unlike you am respectful enough of other people's opinions to refrain from doing so. I'd say more, but I'm not going to on a public forum.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

Well said, Sir.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I can't wait to see John Stewart skewer the **** out of all the news outlets that couldn't wait to read pgs 2-3 before wrongly reporting the SCOTUS decision. This should be fun. We don't care if we're right as long as we're first!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I can't wait to see John Stewart skewer the **** out of all the news outlets that couldn't wait to read pgs 2-3 before wrongly reporting the SCOTUS decision. This should be fun. We don't care if we're right as long as we're first!!

Kind of like exit polls and how they're used to manipulate votes.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm not certain but I think you're right about that. I also think that the damn millionaires and billionaires should pay a higher tax rate than the average joe does, so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires.

They already do. Stop buying the hype. The tax code and rates are public knowledge. Look them up.

Remember, many "millionaires" are employees who pay State and Federal income taxes... So you don't think someone paying 35% of their income to the Fed's is paying enough?? :dunno:

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I'm not certain but I think you're right about that. I also think that the damn millionaires and billionaires should pay a higher tax rate than the average joe does, so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires.

"so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires"

That isn't exactly how I wanted that statement to sound. No, I am not, nor have I ever been or ever will be a supporter of Karl Marx. At the very least I find his work to be interesting, but nothing I'd ever support. It would probably be more accurate to describe me as a young idealist.

I simply meant to say that I belive people of the upper class (millionaires, billionaires, the "1%" even though I hate that term and don't want to get caught up in any of it) should pay a higher, but REASONABLE tax than your average joe/jane.

To Roadie and the one or two other individuals who brought this up, I am not familiar with the current tax codes and am in no position to accurately state how much I think people should be taxed.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    "so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires"

That isn't exactly how I wanted that statement to sound. No, I am not, nor have I ever been or ever will be a supporter of Karl Marx. At the very least I find his work to be interesting, but nothing I'd ever support. It would probably be more accurate to describe me as a young idealist.

I simply meant to say that I belive people of the upper class (millionaires, billionaires, the "1%" even though I hate that term and don't want to get caught up in any of it) should pay a higher, but REASONABLE tax than your average joe/jane.

To Roadie and the one or two other individuals who brought this up, I am not familiar with the current tax codes and am in no position to accurately state how much I think people should be taxed.

If I make a million dollars and pay 10% I would pay $100,000, if you make $100,000 you only pay $10,000. I would pay 10 times the amount you would, seems fair to me if everyone pays the same rate period.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

But in the midst of your admitted ignorance you can so confidently proclaim it is only fair that one group of people pay a larger share than another?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

If you make over $330,000 a year you pay 35%.
    If you make $35,000 or less you pay 15%.

So, in other words, they already ARE paying "a higher, but [STRIKE]REASONABLE [/STRIKE]tax than your average joe/jane."

BTW, who decides what is "reasonable"? More than double than some people doesn't seem reasonable to me. (btw, in the interest of disclosure, I am in the 15% bracket, not rich)

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Imposing a tax through judicial legislation inverts the constitutional scheme, and places the power to tax in the branch of government least accountable to the citizenry.-- Justice Antonin Scalia

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Remember, many "millionaires" are employees who pay State and Federal income taxes... So you don't think someone paying 35% of their income to the Fed's is paying enough?? :dunno:
    Sure, but when they rig the system and end up only paying <15% while the middle class pays 35% it seems a bit unbalanced.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Imposing a tax through judicial legislation inverts the constitutional scheme, and places the power to tax in the branch of government least accountable to the citizenry.-- Justice Antonin Scalia

Scalia must not have picked up on Robert's brilliant strategy yet.

Top Bottom