• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    It being a TAX could be a good thing. After all "I'm not gonna raise taxes on anyone makin' less than $250,000." Plus, isn't it true that the SCOTUS can't rule a tax unconstitutional until it is imposed on somebody? Punt?

I'm not certain but I think you're right about that. I also think that the damn millionaires and billionaires should pay a higher tax rate than the average joe does, so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm not certain but I think you're right about that. I also think that the damn millionaires and billionaires should pay a higher tax rate than the average joe does, so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires.

Ah! You must be a believer in Getevenwithemism.

:rolleyes:

ray d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Dont pay it arm train and fight! You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    The Republicans need to grow some and defund the bill, we need to vote Obama out and push for a repeal.

It being a TAX could be a good thing. After all "I'm not gonna raise taxes on anyone makin' less than $250,000." Plus, isn't it true that the SCOTUS can't rule a tax unconstitutional until it is imposed on somebody? Punt?

Repealing the bill, defunding the bill, or using it for political foder (not a spelling error) against barry and his band of bastards is about as relevant as rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic.

With this decision, precedent has been set that the feds can do to you just about whatever they wish to do and deem it "in accordance with the Constitution" as long as it falls under the heading "tax".

The republic is dead.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think what Roberts did was brilliant. He laid it all on the Congress and said it was a tax, therefor it is outside of his court. Obama has effectively created the largest tax in history on the middle class. Could he have voted the other way and shut it down? Yes he could have, but would that fix the problem? No, he threw the ball back into our court and the Congress and it is still our problem to fix. Simply brilliant

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I think what Roberts did was brilliant. He laid it all on the Congress and said it was a tax, therefor it is outside of his court. Obama has effectively created the largest tax in history on the middle class. Could he have voted the other way and shut it down? Yes he could have, but would that fix the problem? No, he threw the ball back into our court and the Congress and it is still our problem to fix. Simply brilliant

Ha! Nice way to pass the buck!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

So you are in agreement with Karl Marx?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Really, you are going to say it was the government and the country that were responsible for them making the right financial decisions to make themselves rich?:rolleyes:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I think those sentiments are particularly ridiculous considering that your father is a small businessman who, presumably, has his business to make money rather than to support employees (if he were in that business, he'd supply them with health insurance, wouldn't he?). The 'damn millionaires and billionaires' supply the money that creates jobs for the average joe and jane. In terms of actual dollars paid, they pay something like 75% of all income taxes, so why should they pay a higher percentage.

You're obviously young and probably not very smart because your old man is a businessman and you don't understand the first thing about what it takes to run a business or you would put stupid statements like that in purple text, the way that sort of statement should always be rendered.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

They do pay a much higher tax rate. Almost half of people pay no federal income tax at all. How much do you want them to pay? If you tax them at a 100% it doesn't make a dent in the deficit.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

don't millionaires and billionaires employ people... who pay taxes?

don't millionaires and billionaires buy big expensives houses, cars and toys? Built by people who work for somebody... who pay taxes?

again, we don't have an revenue problem, we have a SPENDING problem

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    don't millionaires and billionaires employ people... who pay taxes?

don't millionaires and billionaires buy big expensives houses, cars and toys? Built by people who work for somebody... who pay taxes?

again, we don't have an revenue problem, we have a SPENDING problem

^QFT^

Top Bottom