SC officer charged with murder in man's death. Video catches him plant evidence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Didn't deserve a death sentence = accusing someone of saying that person deserves to be shot? Yeah, not on this planet. Nor did you even post the full quote, which if you had been keeping up was directed towards another member, who made reference to Mr. Scott's vehicle and his child support issue. Don't con me, and keep your tongue civil. As long as you use profanity in addressing me, I feel I am more that justified in lecturing you.

Man you sure know how to stretch things to stir the pot. Also, if "stirring the **** pot" is offensive to you then you obviously need a break from the internet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Man you sure know how to stretch things to stir the pot. Also, if "stirring the **** pot" is offensive to you then you obviously need a break from the internet.

Me? Not sure if srs, or forgot what you wrote.
    I think the thread was on track until:

Obviously a baller but can't pay child support.

I wasn't going to let that slide without addressing it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Me? Not sure if srs, or forgot what you wrote.
    I think the thread was on track until:

I wasn't going to let that slide without addressing it.

I forgot you're here to keep up in check :rofl:

I'm sorry the truth hurts. A Mercedes with rims was way more important than paying child support which ultimately contributed to his death.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm sorry the truth hurts. A Mercedes with rims was way more important than paying child support which ultimately contributed to his death.

Maybe it's because I'm a car guy, or maybe because I see a lot of Mercedes in Carmel, and you probably don't. But an early 90s Mercedes is hardly something to brag about.

Your quip about a Mercedes with rims being "more important than paying child support" assumes well more than you could possibly know. You are assuming he bought the vehicle after becoming in arrears with his child support. You are also assuming he owns the vehicle. Have I missed something? Has that info been released someplace I haven't looked? If you can, please provide the date of purchase for the vehicle, when he fell behind in child support, as well as the corresponding registration proving he owns the vehicle. You can buy a magic 8 ball at most local Hot Topics if you need assistance.

Thanks mmmk bye

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I watched that video quite a few times, and It never occurred to me to judge the man for wanting to buy a car while he was in arrears on his child support.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Maybe it's because I'm a car guy, or maybe because I see a lot of Mercedes in Carmel, and you probably don't. But an early 90s Mercedes is hardly something to brag about.

Your quip about a Mercedes with rims being "more important than paying child support" assumes well more than you could possibly know. You are assuming he bought the vehicle after becoming in arrears with his child support. You are also assuming he owns the vehicle. Have I missed something? Has that info been released someplace I haven't looked? If you can, please provide the date of purchase for the vehicle, when he fell behind in child support, as well as the corresponding registration proving he owns the vehicle. You can buy a magic 8 ball at most local Hot Topics if you need assistance.

Thanks mmmk bye

Nice try. :rolleyes:

I have zero compassion for anyone who doesn't pay their child support.

Your problem is we're agreeing he didn't deserve to die and it isn't enough for you.

So keep on stirring and pushing the topics you want to get attention.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I watched that video quite a few times, and It never occurred to me to judge the man for wanting to buy a car while he was in arrears on his child support.

It's not about judging him. It's about why he was pulled over, why he had a bench warrant, why there was a struggle and why whatever else happened that contributed to his death. Elimination of just one of those factors would've most likely changed the outcome of this story.

These are the things that won't bring a murder conviction.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    FBI are good folks but they are office workers with guns. Officer safety is not something they are well versed in. They are good investigators but are certainly not used to getting their hands dirty in the streets. I'm not sure what changed in the ROE that requires them to be briefed daily. The USSC has made our ROE very clear. We are confronted by our ROE on a daily basis.

I don't know, the agents on criminal minds are the only ones who are able to effectively use their guns. Armed victims and street cops never stand a chance against the "unsubs".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    And having been a guy who almost had to shoot an FBI agent due to their incompetence, in the field, the only advice from them I'm ever willing to listen to, are those who have previously worked in LE.

Not to derail this thread but I want to hear more about this! Perhaps you can tell this story in it's own thread?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This thread just solidifies my belief that he will only get a slap on the wrist, if anything. He'll probably be home before his kid is potty trained. There are many who will believe the officer was "wrong" but the dead guy was "wronger" for having the audacity to be driving a Mercedes while owing child support, not to mention that he ran!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not to derail this thread but I want to hear more about this! Perhaps you can tell this story in it's own thread?

The cliffs. Got a call about people acting suspicious in a neighborhood. I respond, and find agents doing a secret squirrel trash pull. The identify themselves as FBI, but NONE of them had their badges, I corral them, but ONE them doesn't getit , and is insistent on retrieving their badge from their truck. I tell her "no" (it was a chick), and to wait until another officer arrives. Chick ignores me, put her hand on the handle to open the back door, and I draw down on her, prone her out, and keep everybody in place until the other officer arrives. They complained, and the Chief told them to pound sand.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    This thread just solidifies my belief that he will only get a slap on the wrist, if anything. He'll probably be home before his kid is potty trained. There are many who will believe the officer was "wrong" but the dead guy was "wronger" for having the audacity to be driving a Mercedes while owing child support, not to mention that he ran!

It is a sad situation of the victim blaming, again. There is a chance since the officer manipulated the seen on video, the prosecutor's have a lot to work with.

Top Bottom