• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just read through this whole topic and wow.....just wow.

Anyhoo,

Contact a lawyer if you wish. Go ahead. But- what's the end game? Why contact a lawyer?

You want to pay me $200/hr for principle? $5,000 retainer first, and that low only because I believe in the 2A. One thing's for sure- I am not going to take the case on contingency because we will never see a dime.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I just read through this whole topic and wow.....just wow.

Anyhoo,

Contact a lawyer if you wish. Go ahead. But- what's the end game? Why contact a lawyer?

You want to pay me $200/hr for principle? $5,000 retainer first, and that low only because I believe in the 2A. One thing's for sure- I am not going to take the case on contingency because we will never see a dime.

Preparation H is cheaper

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I say, OC if you want to.....with a subcompact.....in a drop leg rig. That's your choice.

BTW- Do they make drop legs for Seecamp .32s? That would be awesome.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Seriously. Name calling is cool and all, but it really doesn't advance your argument.

So, since you know him so well... I assume you are confirming he was carrying drop leg in an effort to draw attention and change opinions.

He clearly got the attention he was seeking. Now why is he complaining about it here???

He was carrying it because:

1)It's more comfortable
    2)It's faster to draw

You're still not getting this? It has absolutely nothing to do with getting attention. He was grocery shopping That's the extent of it. Why does it have to be for attention? Why do people think that we OC for attention? See my sig.

He went to the SBPD today and requested the report. He should have it tomorrow.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Is it literally impossible for a bunch of grownups to have a single civil debate about OC vs. CC?

It makes for some great laughs, but the face palms usually outnumber them.

I mean, you'd just as soon see me in a mini skirt as you would in combat pants, boots and a drop leg, but if there are advantages to carrying that way, then I just don't see the big deal. If you aren't worried about getting hassled by police, carry however the F you want.

I CC exclusively because I'm not a fan of attention, but until the state of Indiana makes it illegal, I think calling someone an idiot for OCing is well, idiotic.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Is it literally impossible for a bunch of grownups to have a single civil debate about OC vs. CC?

I mean, it makes for some great laughs, but the face palms usually outnumber them.

I mean, you'd just as soon see me in a mini skirt as you would in combat pants, boots and a drop leg, but if there are advantages to carrying that way, then I just don't see the big deal. If you aren't worried about getting hassled by police, carry however the F you want.

I CC exclusively because I'm not a fan of attention, but until the state of Indiana makes it illegal, I think calling someone an idiot for OCing is well, idiotic.
    Stop making sense

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seriously. Name calling is cool and all, but it really doesn't advance your argument.

So, since you know him so well... I assume you are confirming he was carrying drop leg in an effort to draw attention and change opinions.

He clearly got the attention he was seeking. Now why is he complaining about it here???

And there you have it.

This is not just an OC/CC /DL debate. It is how we all go about this.
    Keep pushing these people and it will really get rough. I have been around long enough to see this and yes, they can still win.
    Perceptions have changed and are media driven to some extent. How do you think he would have been perceived on the 6:00 news cast. The Lib-tards and sound bite nut jobs would eat this up just from the camo and gear. Really, do you think they need us in their face at this time. They are a majority in some ways. I am not scared just more cautious as I have wrestled (literally) with the man. I have stood before the man and am lucky enough to be a free man. These were all from me "Pushing" and it gets you Dick.
    Organized and peaceful gatherings, protest done in the right way by casual folks are the way to sway the opposition.
    Pull out all your gear and walk proud. Let us know how that works out for you.
    I hope the OP finds some peace in this.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    And there you have it.

This is not just an OC/CC /DL debate. It is how we all go about this.
    Keep pushing these people and it will really get rough. I have been around long enough to see this and yes, they can still win.
    Perceptions have changed and are media driven to some extent. How do you think he would have been perceived on the 6:00 news cast. The Lib-tards and sound bite nut jobs would eat this up just from the camo and gear. Really, do you think they need us in their face at this time. They are a majority in some ways. I am not scared just more cautious as I have wrestled (literally) with the man. I have stood before the man and am lucky enough to be a free man. These were all from me "Pushing" and it gets you Dick.
    Organized and peaceful gatherings, protest done in the right way by casual folks are the way to sway the opposition.
    Pull out all your gear and walk proud. Let us know how that works out for you.
    I hope the OP finds some peace in this.

why do you hate America?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Nobody is calling anybody an idiot for OCing. But if you think you are going to mall ninja around town and not attract attention, then you are an idiot.

That is simple.

I haven't seen an oc vs cc argument here, except from the devote oc crowd, which is being overly defensive.

When OC, your appearance matters. Your carry method is part of that.

Nervous would tell us we aren't going to change social norms unless we push the envelope and that that isn't the point. So I'm not sure what that means.

Probably time for me to sign off. It's been a load of fun tonight. Thanks INGO!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Nervous would tell us we aren't going to change social norms unless we push the envelope and that that isn't the point. So I'm not sure what that means.

Probably time for me to sign off. It's been a load of fun tonight. Thanks INGO!

On a mainly unrelated note, remember when people used to dress up to fly? Now it's like the fetid Greyhound of the skies....changing social norms....sometimes not all they've cracked up to be.

....but I digress.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    On a mainly unrelated note, remember when people used to dress up to fly? Now it's like the fetid Greyhound of the skies....changing social norms....sometimes not all they've cracked up to be.

....but I digress.

its a lot easier to disrobe for my TSA fondling if I wear sweatpants vs a 3 piece suit. :laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Today was probably the most extreme treatment I have ever had by the police.

I went out today walking to go to the Martins on Ironwood by IUSB to pick up a few groceries. I was in a hoodie, tan combat pants, and my combat boots and i had my Glock 26 on a leg holster. I went to Martins picked up my goods and went out of the store and headed back to my house. I was minding my own, carrying my groceries thinking about the daily tasks I had left to do when all of a sudden....

A SBPD car flashed their lights blocked the bridge traffic as another cop car did the same, another pulled up behind, and two others blocked the traffic again. 4 officer got out had their guns at the low ready at me and one officer directed me to drop my bag and place my hands in the air where he could see them. He then approached me as the other few officers there and asked me why are you carrying blah blah and do you have a permit to carry.

This scared the absolute **** out of me. He took my wallet out of my pocket where another officer started saying I honor your carrying your handgun but since you are carrying we have the right to do this blah blah and that since this day in age peoples view of guns and what not.

After the officer verified my permit they let me go.

Alright AAR time.

First off I am one guy carrying a bag of groceries, 5 cop cars respond close the bridge block off traffic all to make sure I was made an example.

NOW i can understand if the call came across as man with a gun on a bridge I can totally understand the magnitude of the response by the SBPD. HOWEVER the operator should have asked what the hell I was doing. I called the records department and asked what exactly went down. They told me it was a anonymous phone call and I would have to come in and see the report myself.

It was a bit over exaggerated today, scared the crap out of me thought I was getting arrested and what not. It was a hassle for the officers because to close that section of traffic off is a bit nuts, and a danger to motorists because that bridge with the two lights is a bit of a hassle as well.

I plan on going in Friday to the SBPD to talk to them about all of this I will keep you posted.

Thought I would share my little experience with INGO

Thanks!!!

And just how are they to know wasn't a TACTICAL bag of groceries, hmmmm? What if you'd pulled out one of those assault banana clips we have heard so much about, hmmmm? You might have even had a high capacity Esquire magazine in there. Whadda ya have to say about that smart guy????:laugh:

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    What gets me is, when people walked on the state capitol carrying their AR's, where was all the bashing, because we all know, that it's not normal to walk down the street with an AR on your back. Who gives a Crop how someone else carries?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

....but I digress.

I dress up to go to Walmart, don't think it has caught on very well from what I see sometimes. :)

Top Bottom