• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    I am just trying to figure out how the heck the OP did not get shot first while in the store? :dunno: I have it on good authority that OCers are ALWAYS picked off by BGs. :D

Seems like some people are okay with having just a little bit of their right to carry?

Think I may just carry a long gun this weekend while a work to educate a couple folks. :patriot:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Oh my god, page 10 was the best...

Side note, drop legs will draw attention, negative attention, from everyone. LEO, civvies, pro & anti 2A. If I saw anyone carrying drop leg (out of unform) I would raise a brow. Mostly just for the point and laugh reasons. Carry how you wish, your choice, but that scenario is getting you stopped 8/10 times.

I've never been stopped for it. I actually get more comments when I carry in a Serpa.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Sheesh. Here we are in the midst of one of the largest 2A battles in recent history and we have gun owners going at it over one another's personal choice at oc.
    The fact is that you may carry however you see fit. Thigh rig, hip hugger, fanny pack, ankle holster while wearing Speedo's or duct taped to your stinking forehead. You may disagree but it is still legal. So can the name calling and show some respect to one another.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    he can choose to carry how he sees fit. but carrying in a certain fashion is likely to draw attention to oneself. getting butthurt over it makes for forum lolz.

he can exercise his right to carry. I can exercise my right to laugh.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Oh my god, page 10 was the best...

Side note, drop legs will draw attention, negative attention, from everyone. LEO, civvies, pro & anti 2A. If I saw anyone carrying drop leg (out of unform) I would raise a brow. Mostly just for the point and laugh reasons. Carry how you wish, your choice, but that scenario is getting you stopped 8/10 times.

Simply not true, if I ever see someone carrying dropleg I will promptly stop what I am doing and high five them AND buy them a coke.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Let me repeat exactly what I have already said. In Indiana, you are required to have a valid license to carry a [STRIKE] firearm[/STRIKE] handgun on your person.

Still with me?

The necessity of a license means it is by default illegal.

Still understanding, right?

That means, if you are seen carrying a [STRIKE]firearm[/STRIKE] handgun, and an officer wishes to bother you about it, he is well within his legal right to do so. Once you produce proof of a valid license you are free to be on your way.

Now, when you attempt to bring up the whole driver's license thing again, I will just laugh because it has been refuted at least twice now.
    FIFY before the semantics police sweep in and berate you.
    Other than that, you are spot on.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Drop leg holster = mall ninja

If you think it makes sense to carry one if these around when you aren't going into battle, I'm going to discount everything you say. Sure, it is your right... That doesn't make it right though.

Freaking hilarious.

If you think otherwise, I'll throw you in the same class as the mall ninja idiots.

I didn't know your opinion was so highly regarded that everyone had to tip toe around you in fear that you might disagree with their actions.
    I guess no INGO member will ever wear one again now.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I've never been stopped for it. I actually get more comments when I carry in a Serpa.

Simply not true, if I ever see someone carrying dropleg I will promptly stop what I am doing and high five them AND buy them a coke.

Just because my comment doesn't apply to you two doesn't mean it's not true. Open carrying draws more attention then CC. That's a fact. I'd venture to say drop legs get even more attention then a holstered hip weapon. I never said everyone would point and laugh or you'd get stopped and frisked every 20 minutes, I just said it gets more attention... As it would from even myself.

I'm cool with it. Carry however you want!! OC, CC, or the new acronym DL. Whatever, but as we all know carrying is enough to get you stopped. Carrying in a way outside the norm I think will get you stopped faster. Especially in "tac pants & combat boot". Again, dress how you like! But anyone so naive to think they won't be stereotyped/profiled has another thing coming. You can't change human nature and that is really what is at the root of all these 911 calls and Leo encounters...

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Booya gets it. He clearly has more patience than me, but he is on the mark.

My mother always told me it doesn't matter what other people think, just be yourself. Then I grew up, and she said "what will people think" about my long hair.

People will judge. It is a fact. Do what you want, but know people see you and will form opinions about you. Anything outside the norm will draw attention. Any argument otherwise is doomed to fail.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Booya gets it. He clearly has more patience than me, but he is on the mark.

My mother always told me it doesn't matter what other people think, just be yourself. Then I grew up, and she said "what will people think" about my long hair.

People will judge. It is a fact. Do what you want, but know people see you and will form opinions about you. Anything outside the norm will draw attention. Any argument otherwise is doomed to fail.

Do you not see how the idea of normalcy has shifted? The way people dress now would have been totally unaccepted a century ago. The only way to change the perception of what is normal is to push boundaries. What was taboo is now mainstream. Do you not understand this?

Why aren't drop legs acceptable? Because some bigot on the internet says so? You are painfully obtuse.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    this-thread-delivers_dhl.jpg

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Do you not see how the idea of normalcy has shifted? The way people dress now would have been totally unaccepted a century ago. The only way to change the perception of what is normal is to push boundaries. What was taboo is now mainstream. Do you not understand this?

Why aren't drop legs acceptable? Because some bigot on the internet says so? You are painfully obtuse.

Seriously. Name calling is cool and all, but it really doesn't advance your argument.

So, since you know him so well... I assume you are confirming he was carrying drop leg in an effort to draw attention and change opinions.

He clearly got the attention he was seeking. Now why is he complaining about it here???

Top Bottom