• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    You are right, seems like more LS's than regular 3913's these days. Opposite what it was 8-10 months ago - wierd.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You are right, seems like more LS's than regular 3913's these days. Opposite what it was 8-10 months ago - wierd.

I see it come and go in waves with almost all 3rd gens, except the 5906's. Magazines havent seen too many 4506 mags and use to see them all the time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up 3 more mags for my 4006TSW this week. Robertson’s Trading Post on Gun Broker had them 3 for $57, which comes out to $19 apiece. That’s not a bad price now that the supply is beginning to dry up. They shipped quickly and look to be in really nice shape.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I picked up 3 more mags for my 4006TSW this week. Robertson’s Trading Post on Gun Broker had them 3 for $57, which comes out to $19 apiece. That’s not a bad price now that the supply is beginning to dry up. They shipped quickly and look to be in really nice shape.

Nice! Thanks for the head's up!
    I'm going to look for another mag tonight myself now.
    I haven't been in a hurry to get another mag thinking it would be like the 5906: plenty abound.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Found an armslist ad for a 3906 w/5 mags for 580 in South Bend. Seriously considering sending him a text with pics of an AR to see if he bites. Might be getting a 6906 spurless hammer sent to me so I can finish my 5906ssv frankengun as the spurless hammer I have is a 2nd gen hammer with half cock notch. I had some time to mess with putting it together and realized thats why everything would lock up when put back together.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Found an armslist ad for a 3906 w/5 mags for 580 in South Bend. Seriously considering sending him a text with pics of an AR to see if he bites. Might be getting a 6906 spurless hammer sent to me so I can finish my 5906ssv frankengun as the spurless hammer I have is a 2nd gen hammer with half cock notch. I had some time to mess with putting it together and realized thats why everything would lock up when put back together.

That ones been on there a long time. I would have bought it by now but it's 3 hours away.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Must of bumped it back up then. Dont remember him looking for trades and I think the price was higher.

Yep. That’s the one that one that I walked away from a few months ago. Been for sale for a long time. He had said it was NIB. I drive to meet him and found it’s far from NIB and guy just gave me a bad feeling. First deal I’ve walked away from.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yep. That’s the one that one that I walked away from a few months ago. Been for sale for a long time. He had said it was NIB. I drive to meet him and found it’s far from NIB and guy just gave me a bad feeling. First deal I’ve walked away from.

Funny cause I was going send a pic of an AR and scope and see if he bites. Then see if you had your 3rd gen still and make the trade lol

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Funny cause I was going send a pic of an AR and scope and see if he bites. Then see if you had your 3rd gen still and make the trade lol

That could have potential. The 3906 isn't trashed but we had a text conversation and a phone call in which I very specifically asked about the condition. When I saw that he had misrepresented it, I was done. Plus, I got a bad vibe. Had he represented it as decent gun with some handling and use, it probably would have been a deal.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That could have potential. The 3906 isn't trashed but we had a text conversation and a phone call in which I very specifically asked about the condition. When I saw that he had misrepresented it, I was done. Plus, I got a bad vibe. Had he represented it as decent gun with some handling and use, it probably would have been a deal.

It looks pretty nice from the picture how bad of condition could it have been or were your expectations just that it was flawless?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    It looks pretty nice from the picture how bad of condition could it have been or were your expectations just that it was flawless?

The original ad stated it was NIB as was his personal representations to me. The pictures in the ad have change. I would guess the original ad had internet pics.

As I said, the gun isn’t in terrible shape.

The seller was not even phased when I said he misrepresented it. Basically he said something to the effect of “that’s cool. I understand. Want to make me an offer?”. Then the red flags go up and it’s easier to walk than buy something that might come with repercussions.

It’s been for sale for a long time at a price that is tough to find a 3906 at. The last few on GB sold between $550 and $750.

Edit. One sold for $425 too.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    I'm working on a fixture to convert ambi-safeties to one side only. I just bought 3 of the 6909's from Aim and they're sweet pistols, but need the starboard side cleared!

Also have the tooling to convert to decock-only, so it doesn't get bumped into Safe. S&W used to offer that as a service, but I'm pretty sure they don't anymore. My method uses the stock safety, so no new parts! :):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The original ad stated it was NIB as was his personal representations to me. The pictures in the ad have change. I would guess the original ad had internet pics.

As I said, the gun isn’t in terrible shape.

The seller was not even phased when I said he misrepresented it. Basically he said something to the effect of “that’s cool. I understand. Want to make me an offer?”. Then the red flags go up and it’s easier to walk than buy something that might come with repercussions.

It’s been for sale for a long time at a price that is tough to find a 3906 at. The last few on GB sold between $550 and $750.

Edit. One sold for $425 too.

And the south bend 3906 is either sold or removed

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm working on a fixture to convert ambi-safeties to one side only. I just bought 3 of the 6909's from Aim and they're sweet pistols, but need the starboard side cleared!

Also have the tooling to convert to decock-only, so it doesn't get bumped into Safe. S&W used to offer that as a service, but I'm pretty sure they don't anymore. My method uses the stock safety, so no new parts! :):

You might be able to find 910 or 908 single sided safeties but if I recall they are blued.

Top Bottom