• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Try KSD grips.

Might not be much darker. I might have a pair of wood grips. If I don’t mention it in a couple days, send me a message.

I was going to order a grips, but I'll hold off in case you (or anyone else reading this) has a pair I like for sale.
    Thanks for mentioning it. :thumbsup:
    I'd rather buy off a friend than online anyway.
    I looked up the KSD grips: thanks for the tip!
    Both are $90 each, I found.
    Not sure if I like the darker over the medium color since the medium has some darker mixed in.
    Further down from these pics is a pic from Gunbroker: $60.

cDgdk9w.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy pic.

MtO7jSW.jpg

Gunbroker:
    jDmFRE5.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For mine, I ended up getting the Bianchi 7 Shadow 2 Holster

, which is a 3-slot pancake, to be able to carry cross-draw also. I always think it's worth a little extra to get a name-brand holster.

I'm not at that level yet, but there is a line of Safariland holster with a release I had that I really liked for one of my guns (not even remember which one now.
    I don't use a OWB or IWB holster that much, so I haven't developed a real preference from experience.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rumor was you actually bought a real gun. :):

What I mean is, the whole time you've been here I've seen you handling the smallest squirrel guns this planet has to offer but this one...... this one is one of the heaviest, sturdiest and most dependable guns around.

The S&W 5906 has been on my list for a long time.... just below a Sig MK25 and a few above an M2BMG.
    Congratulations and my hats off to you sir. I am both jealous and embarrassed. Apparently I need to step up my game.

:rofl: That was really funny! :lmfao:
    I remember when I started out here 2 yrs. ago with tip-up Berettas and the like and buying .380s and the smallest 9mms I could find (which included my Taurus 709 Slim disaster).
    But, my guns starting last summer have included 8 CZs semi-autos and some 3 nice 6 shot revolvers just to mention a few of the non-mousers. :laugh:

But, since I've been rather slow to stretch up to the classic SW 5906 and you don't have one already: :nono:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Found leather holsters for what I thought was a good price $31/ea. + shipping:
    https://www.etsy.com/search?q=5906 holster

Still looking for some dark wood grips but only found them for around $150, and I'm not ready to go there yet: makes the $60 grips (lighter color) look good. :laugh:

OWB holster
    gvffaJ2.png

IWB holster
    nafiQAz.png

Gunbroker and Ebay if you want to save a few bucks. I've gotten new brand name holsters for my 3rd gen for under 20 shipped from those 2 places.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Gunbroker and Ebay if you want to save a few bucks. I've gotten new brand name holsters for my 3rd gen for under 20 shipped from those 2 places.

I was so busy looking for grips, I must have missed them.
    I thought I'd looked everywhere including Gunbroker and Ebay, but don't remember any $20 holsters.
    I'll give it another look just to torture myself.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I was so busy looking for grips, I must have missed them.
    I thought I'd looked everywhere including Gunbroker and Ebay, but don't remember any $20 holsters.
    I'll give it another look just to torture myself.

Granted most will be police duty gear and a lot of lefties but I've found plenty of the years that start cheap and sell cheap.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Granted most will be police duty gear and a lot of lefties but I've found plenty of the years that start cheap and sell cheap.

I go over to Stephens & Jenkins (21st/Shadeland), occasionally.
    I was over there and they had 2 full tables and more of used holsters at very cheap prices.
    I took a few of my larger guns over to find a match and came away with nothing.
    I was looking for holsters for my Shadow 2 and Bersa TPXT and a couple others, but found out most were for Glocks: it being an LEO store.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah once you become hard core like some of us you'll end up checking those sites on a weekly basis for good deals. I use to buy 4506,3906, and 3913 mags off Ebay for 25 or less shipped. Now you cant touch them for under 30. Before southern ohio guns went out of business I bought 40 5906 mags for something like 12.50 a piece around Sept. I ended up selling half and making a profit, but I'm pretty flush with all kinds of 3rd gen mags except for the 40 cal 3rd gens. I'll have to post a pic of my mag stash.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yeah once you become hard core like some of us you'll end up checking those sites on a weekly basis for good deals. I use to buy 4506,3906, and 3913 mags off Ebay for 25 or less shipped. Now you cant touch them for under 30. Before southern ohio guns went out of business I bought 40 5906 mags for something like 12.50 a piece around Sept. I ended up selling half and making a profit, but I'm pretty flush with all kinds of 3rd gen mags except for the 40 cal 3rd gens. I'll have to post a pic of my mag stash.

Those mags are gold. When the surplus eventually runs out; you’ll be sitting pretty.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh great! :xmad:
    So is this one of those guns that I need to start buying mags and accessories long before buying to gun? Which I've done a few times in the past.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So I have no idea of the value of 3rd gen pistols but have found one I like. Can all y'all tell me what you think? Is this a good price or should I keep looking?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808025430

Very fair price. Here in a couple weeks, you can shoot my 4006, if you want? Its not a TSW but they are mostly similar (ish).

Really soft shooting 40's.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Very fair price. Here in a couple weeks, you can shoot my 4006, if you want? Its not a TSW but they are mostly similar (ish).

Really soft shooting 40's.

Thanks for the info I may just pick one of these up the seller has a bunch of them. Price would be right at $450 after shipping and transfer.

Top Bottom