• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yup, as mcapo suggested upthread, you might have been happier with the adjustable sight model. I can shoot the wings off a fly with mine ! :D

i-KX2QGvK-L.jpg

Find a new set of straight backs and she'd be perfect.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    20190412_190401.jpg

This laser is pretty sweet. It has on/off switches on both sides and fits all my 9mm 3rd gens except those with square trigger guard.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks, friend ! Actually, I already purchased a set from Midway USA .... just haven't installed them yet. I'm thinking about glass-beading the finish .... just to make it truly perfect !

I did that to my 5906 ssv clone and it made look like it came straight from the factory. There's videos on youtube showing total disassembly if you want to save whoever does it some time and money for you.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I did that to my 5906 ssv clone and it made look like it came straight from the factory. There's videos on youtube showing total disassembly if you want to save whoever does it some time and money for you.
    Ah..... good tip ! I'll search, and check out the vids. :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've used a brass punch wrapped in a rag and hammer to drift mine. On my 4506 I found some millet sights on Ebay and ended up replacing them. There was a sight tool on Ebay for 3rd gens but it was 125.

I'd be afraid I'd do too much or too little, and just pay someone with experience to do that.
    Another said it could take a sight pusher.
    I will google this pm while watching a movie with the wife. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looks pretty clean. Gotta also remember it does weigh almost 40 oz.

Yup, as mcapo suggested upthread, you might have been happier with the adjustable sight model. I can shoot the wings off a fly with mine ! :D

Find a new set of straight backs and she'd be perfect.

That 5906 shows some real accuracy potential!

Heavy is good: love the weight of it!
    Yes, I would have loved one with an adjustable rear sight.
    Yes, I might have to get some sights, but using my trusty usual fluorescent gun paint I'm up to 3 coats of white, and deciding whether to put red over the white on the front sights.
    I thought that it had decent groupings, so it was just a matter of time before getting existing rear sight to adjust or just start over with new sights, or maybe just a rear sight that I could adjust.

Here's a pic with the 3 coats white on the sights so I can at least see them, but that won't cure the right & low.
    3gbUnUw.jpg
    Y1hXefN.jpg
    ASEZ9Gz.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I believe I am going to like having a SW classic piece of history, and what I read of its reliability for a shooter.
    I am hoping that the uniqueness of this classic SW (last of the old-school guns, I read) will justify it taking the place of one of the other guns I have, since I am determined to run lean with my upcoming retirement in 9 wks.
    If I can get it sighted in and it shoots more accurately: keeper for sure, and that is just a matter of time and a little money.
    For me, the fun is in the vetting of different guns against each other, but it is my intention that the 5906 will be on the keeper list.
    I always regretted passing on the 1st 5906 I almost bought.
    If I invest in a rear sight that I can adjust properly (unless I can get the tools to adjust this rear sight), that will help, even if I don't splurge for the grips.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The grips only cost $18, so it's not a large "splurge" . :)

When you order grips, doddg, go ahead an get a recoil spring. Always a good idea in a used gun and cheap.

I thought if I was going to get grips I'd get the wooden $60 ones I saw, but I did see the $20ish dollar ones and looked at the vids for installing the 2 popular ones: Hogue or Pachmayr.

Good point about the recoil spring.

In my reading, since this is not an uncommon issue for those buying the 5906, it just has to be dealt with.
    I don't see that the rear sights have an elevation adj., just windage, some suggest a different height front sight, but I am thinking of just getting a rear sight that is adjustable would be fine: never bought sights, so don't know.

I can't imagine what would take the 5906 place since isn't just a dedicated range gun (demand accurate) or a CC (bigger & heavier than usual for me), but one that I would like to do everything, but not necessarily excel in any one area.
    It's in a special "classic" category, of which I have no other.
    To me, everything is replaceable, and can be sold and later purchased again.
    But, a classic is to be held onto.

Top Bottom