• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    search the blue s&w forum their is a person that does the complete conversion , mags and chamber. 45 mags just need the lips shaped .40 mags need the spacer removed from the sides and back ,spot welded removed on the side.s

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    search the blue s&w forum their is a person that does the complete conversion , mags and chamber. 45 mags just need the lips shaped .40 mags need the spacer removed from the sides and back ,spot welded removed on the side.s

Sounds like the 45 mags would be easier.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Like people say these 3rd Gens are addictive. Went in to a LGS to look to see what used things they had and look for a scope for my AR. While looking at scopes I hear a guy say what "What model is this again? Its a 457." Boy did the ears perk up. After the trade was done I asked if the gun was up for sale and I was interested. Looked it over it was a 457 with no wear marks or scratches and looks like it had hardly been shot. Long story walked out with it for $325 two mags and the blue box. If I had been 5 min later in the shop I would have missed the chance on the deal so figured it was fate. This now has added my third one to my collection. Newark NJ PD 6946, Early California Highway Patrol 4006 and now this 457. I have to stop this insanity before my wife finds out. Though I think would still like to pick up a 3900 or 1000 series still. LOL

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Like people say these 3rd Gens are addictive. Went in to a LGS to look to see what used things they had and look for a scope for my AR. While looking at scopes I hear a guy say what "What model is this again? Its a 457." Boy did the ears perk up. After the trade was done I asked if the gun was up for sale and I was interested. Looked it over it was a 457 with no wear marks or scratches and looks like it had hardly been shot. Long story walked out with it for $325 two mags and the blue box. If I had been 5 min later in the shop I would have missed the chance on the deal so figured it was fate. This now has added my third one to my collection. Newark NJ PD 6946, Early California Highway Patrol 4006 and now this 457. I have to stop this insanity before my wife finds out. Though I think would still like to pick up a 3900 or 1000 series still. LOL

The 457 is one of my favorite third gen models. Congrats on a great buy.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Who is ready for a conversion project?

Step one and two moving along.

18fd7c8c15bb9b1b9876dd62b828624f.jpg

34a75b7d1b0da0c247a08132cca9051c.jpg

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Yeah, It has no wear marks on it and I am hesitant to carry it myself. But since it so new I just have to carry it some. I'm sure I will go back to carrying my Shield as EDC anyway since it is lighter.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Since I'll probably be out of the buying game for a while with a kid now I've been thinking of trading one of my 457's for another 3rd gen on my list of comparable value. The only bad to that is one is roll marked the other laser etched.

I'm hoping to get into the garage soon and finish my 5906ssv clone. I still need a spring but numrich has them and I get my 10% for being a c&r holder.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Since I'll probably be out of the buying game for a while with a kid now I've been thinking of trading one of my 457's for another 3rd gen on my list of comparable value. The only bad to that is one is roll marked the other laser etched.

I'm hoping to get into the garage soon and finish my 5906ssv clone. I still need a spring but numrich has them and I get my 10% for being a c&r holder.

Funny how projects get held up over a minor item. Glad I am not the only one!

Top Bottom