Russian ground troops and MIGs in Syria.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Not so long ago, Turkey and Russia were cozying up to each other.

With Russian close air support aimed at "terrorists" in the area, it makes me wonder if it includes Kurdish groups labeled as terrorists by Turkey. That would allow Turkey to use Russia as a proxy to attack some of its enemies.

Turkey isn't that passive-aggressive; they have no hesitation in slamming the Kurds whenever they get a chance.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    ISIS In "Retreat" As Russia Destroys 32 Targets While Putin Trolls Obama As "Weak With No Strategy"

Russia's anti-ISIS strategy is 100x more effective than Obama's. If you aren't questioning how the US military can be so ineffective, you aren't paying attention.

Russia has always relied more on "humint" than on "technical means" for their intelligence service, while, since the days of Jimmy Carter, we've downplayed (and undercut and ruined) our human intelligence networks in favor of high tech satellites and reconnaissance aircraft and radio intercepts. The past three shooting wars haven't been conducive to "technical means" as opposed to "humint." So the Russians probably have spies on the ground who are giving them better information than we have had PLUS they have no hesitation using SpecOps (Spetznatz) to interdict and destroy high-value targets. Until the ISIS command staff manages to adapt to these changes, the Russians will continue to have some success. But history says ISIS WILL adapt.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The US military is so ineffective because it is not actually fighting a war. It's just :stickpoke: when it could be :bash:. But that's not in the ROE.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just heard that Russia is sending in their Seal team...............

[video=youtube;jSAEhGnRg5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSAEhGnRg5Y[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's the sealiest thing I ever heard...

seal-of-approval2.gif

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Underground__tunnels_missile_14.10.15.jpg

For some reason I don't trust those guys ^^^. (Photo from newly released video of the vast Iranian ballistic missile collection) I read online some mention of 3000 Iranian troops arriving in Syria but can't find a news source I believe...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    US-Russia deal to avoid Syria air incidents - BBC News
    Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said the text of the deal would remain secret, but that it laid out means for both sides to communicate and establish a hotline on the ground.

WTF?

I mean, I don't need to see the actual text, but I'm very curious about how some of this was worked out. Particularly if there are geographic boundaries. That would create a de facto safe zone for Russians to operate with impunity.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Nothing we're doing over there has our best interest at heart. Nothing. It's all meant to screw us at one point or another. The military is trying to do its best to make the $#it sandwich it's been given work. Eventually, it won't.

Top Bottom