• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carter micromanaged it from the White House.

Should have let Bull Simons run the op, Ross Perot knew who could get that job done. I know what he did was different, but I'm betting that just letting professionals handle things would have worked out better. Something along the lines of Entebe maybe.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Europe's problem. They should be taking the lead

Ask yourself why the DNC sent the
    hard drives, from the alleged headquarters hack they used to set up Russia Russia Russia, to Ukraine
    Why is it only Europe's problem? (I agree that they should be participating, and they are.)

When does it become USA's problem?

Honestly, the "it's Europe's problem" sounds like the late 1930's isolationist rhetoric. That turned out well.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Worse. Old Jimmy was micromanaging even more than LBJ.
    Some of Jimmy’s sources later said he always believed he was the smartest person in the room and only he was the smartest. They also said after all he did for Iran he could never recover that they stabbed him in the back and took hostages. It’s like watching the dumbest man on earth thinking he is the smartest. I’ve worked for a lot of management people like that! Coined the phrase. “The only thing worse than a loser, is a loser who thinks he is a winner.”

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Why is it only Europeos problem? (I agree that they should be participating, and they are.)

When does it become USA's problem?

Honestly, the "it's Europe's problem" sounds like the late 1930's isolationist rhetoric. That turned out well.
    It became our problem when we kept sticking our noses into places it shouldn’t have been. We kept pushing and poking the bear because our politicians and their masters love war. Because war makes $$$$$.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It became our problem when we kept sticking our noses into places it shouldn’t have been. We kept pushing and poking the bear because our politicians and their masters love war. Because war makes $$$$$.
    Like I said, 1930's style isolationism. Did not work out well.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Just curious, is there an ending/exit strategy here, or is it just, shovel money on until Russia surrenders?
    Well Russia is going to win so surrender isn’t an option. So far the only losers will be Ukraine and American tax payers. But it could get worse as idiots like Pence want to send Americans to die, may get those nukes flying yet.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You keep using that and that’s not what’s happening. The elites did everything they could think of to promote and get this war going in Ukraine. Find a cave with a bear in it hibernating and leave it alone and get away from it…..that’s isolationist. But we went in and started kicking a sleeping bear in the teeth. How about Russia coming to Cuba and setting up shop….seems we didn’t like that did we. You really that blind? I know I was until I started researching what the media wasn’t saying. It’s a proxy war like many of the others, this one may not end as well if the nukes fly. Our own government and leaders got no moral high ground on anything anymore.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You keep using that and that’s not what’s happening. The elites did everything they could think of to promote and get this war going in Ukraine. Find a cave with a bear in it hibernating and leave it alone and get away from it…..that’s isolationist. But we went in and started kicking a sleeping bear in the teeth. How about Russia coming to Cuba and setting up shop….seems we didn’t like that did we. You really that blind? I know I was until I started researching what the media wasn’t saying. It’s a proxy war like many of the others, this one may not end as well if the nukes fly. Our own government and leaders got no moral high ground on anything anymore.
    "Missile blockade" mean anything to you? The Missiles of October...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

"Casualties, Replacements, and Reconstitutions
    The Russia-Ukraine War is exposing significant vulnerabilities
    in the Army’s strategic personnel depth and ability to withstand and replace
    casualties.11 Army theater medical planners may anticipate a sustained
    rate of roughly 3,600 casualties per day, ranging from those killed in action
    to those wounded in action or suffering disease or other non-battle injuries.12
    With a 25 percent predicted replacement rate, the personnel system will
    require 800 new personnel each day. For context, the United States sustained
    about 50,000 casualties in two decades of fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    In large-scale combat operations, the United States could experience that same
    number of casualties in two weeks.

In addition to the disciplined disobedience required to execute effective
    mission command, the US Army is facing a dire combination of a recruiting
    shortfall and a shrinking Individual Ready Reserve. This recruiting shortfall,
    nearly 50 percent in the combat arms career management fields, is a longitudinal
    problem.
    Every infantry and armor soldier we do not recruit today is a strategic
    mobilization asset we will not have in 2031.14 The Individual Ready Reserve,
    which stood at 700,000 in 1973 and 450,000 in 1994, now stands at 76,000.15
    These numbers cannot fill the existing gaps in the active force, let alone
    any casualty replacement or expansion during a large-scale combat operation.
    The implication is that the 1970s concept of an all-volunteer force has outlived
    its shelf life and does not align with the current operating environment.
    The technological revolution described below suggests this force has reached
    obsolescence. Large-scale combat operations troop requirements may well
    require a reconceptualization of the 1970s and 1980s volunteer force and
    a move toward partial conscription."

In just a short time expect "partial conscription" to happen. Which group of American's do you think they will design a "partial conscription" to focus on and which areas of the country do you think they will find them? I am guessing not in Blue state cities,at first anyway.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We did not have USAID,FRC, and NGO's working to overthrow elected officials in other countries in the 1930s,only to then claim we needed to support "democracy"(when we actually put in a dictatorship).

But sure lets hand out cookies and then artillery shells to the entire world(working on Turkey and South Africa currently...just the last couple of places Victoria has visited).

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    We did not have USAID,FRC, and NGO's working to overthrow elected officials in other countries in the 1930s,only to then claim we needed to support "democracy"(when we actually put in a dictatorship).

But sure lets hand out cookies and then artillery shells to the entire world(working on Turkey and South Africa currently...just the last couple of places Victoria has visited).
    No. We just flat out occupied 3rd World countries like Haiti, and Nicaragua. But we put our head in the sand about Hitler, Mussolini and Japan.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    No. We just flat out occupied 3rd World countries like Haiti, and Nicaragua. But we put our head in the sand about Hitler, Mussolini and Japan.
    It has gone the other way as well. Chile,Iraq,Afghanistan,Lybia...to name a few most are familiar with.
    Chile was an example of how wrong intervention could go,yet we learned nothing and now have a dictator we put in power in Ukraine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom