Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just when you thought, "I've seen everything"...

Afghanistan's Taliban government calls for 'restraint' in Ukraine-Russia war

Taliban government expressed concern about civilian casualties, calling for 'restraint' from violence

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    j1ZRGlZ.png

Civilians can't leave.

And we call Ukraine the good guys, lol. :laugh6:

Forcing your civilian population to become combatants without training or arms is a depraved act, at least to me.
    The thought that either is the good guy. :nuts:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just when you thought, "I've seen everything"...

Afghanistan's Taliban government calls for 'restraint' in Ukraine-Russia war

Taliban government expressed concern about civilian casualties, calling for 'restraint' from violence

Did I miss something? Seriously the Taliban is calling for restraint?? What in the corndog hell is happening?

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Since the Ukraine had to pass a law against their men fleeing the country, because they were all fleeing the country, will Fox continue telling us how brave they all are and going to give the Russians a real bloody nose.
    Just to be fair, I imagine what would/will really happen here in the USA under similar conditions. There would be at least a million or or two ************ (I won't call the men) that would run/hide/surrender as fast as they could. That doesn't mean that those that stay are any less capable and willing to dish out more than a bloody nose.

Instead of a law against men fleeing, there should be a law against them coming back!

When a man voluntarily abandons his property, his neighbors, and his country, they should be considered permanently abandoned. He cant just get them back if/when the danger he ran from passes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, at least so far Zelensky is not cutting and running. I would have more respect for him if he went down with the ship whilst coercing others to stay by declaring marshal law. It would be a different story if he did that and exited stage left.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe Syria and Libya would be better off if so many men 18-60 hadn’t left. I got no problem with that order.
    Honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with that order.
    There are a wide number of reasons that could prevent a man from fighting. Forcing people into an already bad situation, could just as likely result in wide spread surrender and obviously many casualties.
    However, I would like to think that most men are capable of putting up some kind of fight for their own survival and preservation of their way of life etc. Seems to me knowing how likely an invasion looked weeks, months in advance I can't fathom why they waited until the last minutes to approve law allowing civilians to have guns.
    I could be wrong in my historical accuracy here. Didn't we at one time pretty much require all able bodied men of a certain age to have the basic supplies of militia men? If I'm correct, that was to ensure that in an emergency all those men could be called upon to defend our land. So what they have ordered doesn't seem overly outlandish other than not arming the masses well before they did.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There are a wide number of reasons that could prevent a man from fighting. Forcing people into an already bad situation, could just as likely result in wide spread surrender and obviously many casualties.
    However, I would like to think that most men are capable of putting up some kind of fight for their own survival and preservation of their way of life etc. Seems to me knowing how likely an invasion looked weeks, months in advance I can't fathom why they waited until the last minutes to approve law allowing civilians to have guns.
    I could be wrong in my historical accuracy here. Didn't we at one time pretty much require all able bodied men of a certain age to have the basic supplies of militia men? If I'm correct, that was to ensure that in an emergency all those men could be called upon to defend our land. So what they have ordered doesn't seem overly outlandish other than not arming the masses well before they did.
    I pretty much agree with this. I also agree with the last part and that's not giving/allowing them the tools to put up a defense until the last hour if they are not allowed to leave.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Just to be fair, I imagine what would/will really happen here in the USA under similar conditions. There would be at least a million or or two ************ (I won't call the men) that would run/hide/surrender as fast as they could. That doesn't mean that those that stay are any less capable and willing to dish out more than a bloody nose.

Instead of a law against men fleeing, there should be a law against them coming back!

When a man voluntarily abandons his property, his neighbors, and his country, they should be considered permanently abandoned. He cant just get them back if/when the danger he ran from passes.
    Now that you mention it, I do recall something about American draft dodgers crawling across the Canadian border in the 60s. I still consider the sap that pardoned them #1 on the list of the worst presidents in history.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Yep the Militia Act of 1792, it was amended several times in the following years.

Edit: The relevant part, "...That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service, except, that when called out on company days to exercise only, he may appear without a knapsack. That the commissioned Officers shall severally be armed with a sword or hanger, and espontoon; and that from and after five years from the passing of this Act, all muskets from arming the militia as is herein required, shall be of bores sufficient for balls of the eighteenth part of a pound; and every citizen so enrolled, and providing himself with the arms, ammunition and accoutrements, required as aforesaid, shall hold the same exempted from all suits, distresses, executions or sales, for debt or for the payment of taxes..."

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Now that you mention it, I do recall something about American draft dodgers crawling across the Canadian border in the 60s. I still consider the sap that pardoned them #1 on the list of the worst presidents in history.
    :) yup.

That sap is getting some fierce competition for the title.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom