Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I think the draft ideas are IF the fighting spills out of Ukraine into a NATO country, such as Poland. Would you let your sons go off to fight a war to save a NATO country?
    Nato, we have too. Still wouldn't send a daughter though. And what sucks about all this is were letting Ukraine pretty much drag nato into this. We gave them billions in money, a billion or more now in weaponry. With 0 promise of repayment.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nato, we have too. Still wouldn't send a daughter though. And what sucks about all this is were letting Ukraine pretty much drag nato into this. We gave them billions in money, a billion or more now in weaponry. With 0 promise of repayment.
    Our payment?

A Russia that is being summarily defeated, depleted of its military capabilities, being completely embarrassed, and economically isolated.

Besides, we and everyone else are sending them old stuff from off the shelves. Germany, and the other former Warsaw pact are taking this opportunity to dump all the old com block stuff they have stashed on the Ukranians.

While we cant do that, we can send them stuff that is older, and we will replace it with new stuff.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Our payment?

A Russia that is being summarily defeated, depleted of its military capabilities, being completely embarrassed, and economically isolated.

Besides, we and everyone else are sending them old stuff from off the shelves. Germany, and the other former Warsaw pact are taking this opportunity to dump all the old com block stuff they have stashed on the Ukranians.

While we cant do that, we can send them stuff that is older, and we will replace it with new stuff.
    Javlines and stingers have been around awhile but they weren't just sitting around on back shelf for emergency. Now us sending m9s and some m16 a2 would be us sending old stuff. But I haven't seen what exact small arms we are. Uniforms ive seen them being sent is **** we have not even filled out to our reserve units.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Javlines and stingers have been around awhile but they weren't just sitting around on back shelf for emergency. Now us sending m9s and some m16 a2 would be us sending old stuff. But I haven't seen what exact small arms we are. Uniforms ive seen them being sent is **** we have not even filled out to our reserve units.
    Missles have shelf lives... they expire.

I saw a list of all the stuff we sent, one thing we sent was a bunch of Mossberg shotguns

EDIT: here is the list.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Missles have shelf lives... they expire.

I saw a list of all the stuff we sent, one thing we sent was a bunch of Mossberg shotguns

EDIT: here is the list.
    Mossbergs are still standard issue. I doubt the missiles we sent them were expired or raytheon and general dynamics stock wouldn't be through the roof.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Our payment?

Poland wanted to offload some of their older MiGs in exchange for newer replacements. That fell through.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A-10's were lost in Iraq in the first gulf war. That airspace was nothing like what they'd face in Europe. The threats to it today are much greater.

I wouldn't even consider flying an A10 over Ukraine when the F-35 is available.
    The F35 is not the CAS machine its press purports it to be. You can stay high and stay safe all day but you will be doing jack diddly squat for the ground troops.

Also, if you engage in a war your need to expect losses. It's just the way it works.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Well if those mossbergs (and other things) can give a Russian a good headache, that's a good use for it by me.

I agree.. my point is we just keep giving and giving and they keep asking. Itll eventually be not enough for them. And to be honest can we even trust Ukraine? Hell I wouldn't put it pass them to put some ruski uniforms on and hit one of our alleys then be like.. see now you have to come defend us!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Even if the Ruskies could take the whole of the Ukraine they would be facing an insurgency that was better funded and better equipped than the occupying force. If they thought Afghanistan bled the Soviet Onion they're in for a whole new level of suck here.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree.. my point is we just keep giving and giving and they keep asking. Itll eventually be not enough for them. And to be honest can we even trust Ukraine? Hell I wouldn't put it pass them to put some ruski uniforms on and hit one of our alleys then be like.. see now you have to come defend us!

War burns up a lot of equipment FAST.. particularly conventional war. There are no shortage of targets for the Ukrainians to shoot at. And from the video evidence I have seen. The western ATGMs are giving Ivan the Russian the biggest headache ever.

They keep asking, I suspect because they are using the stuff up.

I have seen plenty of evidence of the stuff being used for its intended purpose.

Besides, we are getting a free proving ground here. We get to see how our stuff does, against a major threat.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Things burning on the docks too.

At 6:08 I can see a destroyer sized vehicle in the smoke mid frame.

Got to give the Russians credit, to get the two fancier ships up and running, and away from a dock with no tug.. some decent seamanship there.

Well, they don't have to practice being "inclusive" and "sensitive."

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Even if the Ruskies could take the whole of the Ukraine they would be facing an insurgency that was better funded and better equipped than the occupying force. If they thought Afghanistan bled the Soviet Onion they're in for a whole new level of suck here.
    Ohh hell yes you are right, and they are already seeing that in the bit they have managed to take.

Russia is screwed here. Even the ship that sailed off today, is likely mission killed and will take months to a year of refit the Russians can't afford.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    War burns up a lot of equipment FAST.. particularly conventional war. There are no shortage of targets for the Ukrainians to shoot at. And from the video evidence I have seen. The western ATGMs are giving Ivan the Russian the biggest headache ever.

They keep asking, I suspect because they are using the stuff up.

I have seen plenty of evidence of the stuff being used for its intended purpose.

Besides, we are getting a free proving ground here. We get to see how our stuff does, against a major threat.
    We saw that in the invasion of Iraq and saw our stingers work when we gave them to taliban. I do hope they win. But at some point we have to say no more money and we need a lend lease agreement our equipment like we did with our allies in the big one and korea. Leaving armament like we did in Afghanistan and Iraq is horrible

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe we have just been lucky, but building a reliable nuc isn't easy. It would be pretty embarrassing if you fired one off at somebody and it didn't work, really embarrassing if the people you shot yours off at had them as well.;)
    Trinity was a test of the plutonium implosion nuclear fission device (fat man) which was technically complex

The 'gun' type of fission device, where two sub-critical masses of U-238 were slammed together by explosive forces (little boy) was considered to be simple enough and reliable enough to not need testing. The barrier to entry was the enrichment of the explosive, not anything technical about the design

If you have the fissionable material in sufficient quantity, the technical difficulty is in shaping the sub-critical masses and installing them in the gun mechanism while keeping them sufficiently separated and shielded to minimize interaction that would release high levels of radiation even if it didn't go critical

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Saw last night Jesse Waters saying that some towns in Ukraine that Russia had have now been takin back over by Ukraine. Is the Russian military really this bad, seems to be. If we get Ukraine the stuff they need and they keep fighting like they are, how long does Putin stay....and how is he going to save face? Best thing for Russia right now is if Putin dies and a new leader emerges and says this was all Putins fault and pulls back troops. Sadly if Putin resorts to chemical weapons he won't care about his own troops, not one bit, and sadly I don't think Biden or anyone else would do anything about it....maybe get Peppermint Patty to circle around a few talking points.
    I have always felt that MOPP gear was the military equivalent of cloth masking, that it is likely to be far less effective in the realz than the hype with which it is presented

IMO a nerve agent attack will deny any particular area to pretty much everybody

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom