Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Im not sure with what with. Rumor is it was some sort of missile..

But Ukraine got a Russian Navy landing ship in Berdyansk. The landing ship Orsk, an Alligator-class landing ship.

This is a pretty BIG loss for the Russians

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was going to question the heavily burning ship being a landing ship but I can clearly see fire thru what appears to be doors on the bow. The one setting sail might also have smoke coming from near the bow. I have to wonder if this might be sabotage.
    Two ships moving away. One white smoke at the bow, another black smoke just ahead of the superstructure amidships 3:24 in that video.

More then sabotage. This is some sort of strike.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Things burning on the docks too.

At 6:08 I can see a destroyer sized vehicle in the smoke mid frame.

Got to give the Russians credit, to get the two fancier ships up and running, and away from a dock with no tug.. some decent seamanship there.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder what sort of affect a javelin would have on a ships top deck? How that metal compares to the top of a tank.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Things burning on the docks too.

At 6:08 I can see a destroyer sized vehicle in the smoke mid frame.

Got to give the Russians credit, to get the two fancier ships up and running, and away from a dock with no tug.. some decent seamanship there.
    The two sailing away appear to be Ropucha class. One of them clearly on fire.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Confirmed to have been done using Ukrainian OTR-21 Tochka 9M79-1 tactical ballistic missile.

OTR-21_Tochka_missiles_of_the_Ukrainian_Military.JPG

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I wonder what sort of affect a javelin would have on a ships top deck? How that metal compares to the top of a tank.
    There is a pic of some sort of ATGM being used against a patrol boat earlier in the thread.

But a ATGM would put a small hole in a large ship, they just dont contain enough boom to do any real damage.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What are you even talking about? The article I posted was about Anatoly Chubais.
    Despite the fact that no violations of the law were seen in the “ book business ”, on November 20, 1997, Chubais lost his post as Minister of Finance, but remained First Deputy Prime Minister [130] . On March 23, 1998, he was dismissed from the post of First Deputy Prime Minister in connection with the resignation of the government of V. S. Chernomyrdin

On May 31, 2008, the last meeting of shareholders of RAO UES of Russia was held(he sat on the board). On July 1, 2008, RAO UES was liquidated and divided into 23 independent companies, including 2 state-owned and 21 private.

In September 2008, Anatoly Chubais became the first Russian member of the international board of JP Morgan Chase [153] . In early August 2013, he left this post

On December 17, 2010, by order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 2287, the Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies was transformed into JSC Rusnano [157] .

In connection with the transformation of the state corporation into JSC Chubais in July 2011, he was elected chairman of the board of JSC Rusnano [158] .

On December 2, 2020, it became known that Chubais was leaving the post of head of Rosnano

On December 4, 2020, he was appointed Special Representative of the President of Russia for Relations with International Organizations to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals

What happened in my original post was I was actually doing research on Dzhao Vladimir(because of an article claiming him Putin's closest advisor,while quoting him as saying there would be a "nuclear dystopia if the west tried to destabilize Russia"). and was curious about Anatoly Chubais after you posted so was researching him as well. My brain mixed the two up. My bad. I may need to take a break. That is a large error for me. I have been processing way to much information in to many languages(My German sucks,but I have read a ton of German lately). That said Anatoly Chubais was not liked in Russia. From what I just read I am shocked the man was given the special representative title as well,considering he is the only one EVER given the title of special representative without having an actual government job(which he did not after Dec 2,2020 was it just Putin mocking him?). It was just that a title. I hope the link works....going to take a break now.

Last edited:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Ukraine is not an ally, not a NATO member, and has no formal defense agreements with the US. Why is this being talked about at all?

Am I getting sent to Europe to protect Hunter's crack money and steady supply of underage Ukrainian whores?
    I am n looking at getting the boot for no stupid shot. So i wonder they plan on drafting a bunch of people who have also refused the shot?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I think the draft ideas are IF the fighting spills out of Ukraine into a NATO country, such as Poland. Would you let your sons go off to fight a war to save a NATO country?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom