Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What did these morons think was going to happen?

Lets take the jurassic park tour, say we helped in ukraine and go home to hearty cheers?

This isnt participation trophy time. Your trophy is a bullet or bomb, and being left in a road or field to rot.

Morons.

The funny part is they signed a contract.

Technically if they went to any western country, they could be arrested and extradited back to Ukraine, for deserting.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    James Yeager might wanna reconsider going over there. If not maybe he can train these dumb rubes how to fight their way out of the country with only eight rounds in a ****** AK.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Right I’m not surprised they didn’t want to hand out weapons right away that close to the border. Question is do they have the weapons and ammo to hand out or are they that low on supplies?
    That’s a fair question.

I was wondering why they don’t train and equip competent people in Poland and then send them across the border ready to fight. I guess Poland is too afraid of the bear.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That’s a fair question.

I was wondering why they don’t train and equip competent people in Poland and then send them across the border ready to fight. I guess Poland is too afraid of the bear.
    Is there even time to train people?
    The Ukrainians asked for volunteers with military experience because there's no time to give them 2 weeks of basic instruction.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That’s a fair question.

How long would the war have to go on before Russia started looking at Poland like we looked at Cambodia? In the real world you can't stockpile munitions and train at camps just over the border and wag your fingers at the enemy those troops and weapons are meant to kill.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    How long would the war have to go on before Russia started looking at Poland like we looked at Cambodia? In the real world you can't stockpile munitions and train at camps just over the border and wag your fingers at the enemy those troops and weapons are meant to kill.
    Yes, I understand that. It’s not a pillow fight. It would have to be done somewhat secretively. Just throwing it out there. Yes, Russia could lob some cruise missiles into Poland but would they? They seem to have their hands full at the moment.

Edit: It's probably a good thing I am not running the Department of Defense. :)

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    James Yeager might wanna reconsider going over there. If not maybe he can train these dumb rubes how to fight their way out of the country with only eight rounds in a ****** AK.
    I believe James has connections over there.
    Some of his students have family in Ukraine.
    He's not going to just show there with no plans and hope someone will show up to give him a gun and some ammo.
    I'm sure there's already a place for him to stay, guns, gear and ammo waiting for him.
    I'm sure European folks are also on standby to get him out of the country as well should the need arise.

I already checked how many tanks of gas would I need to make it to the Polish border.
    Less than 3 with a first pit stop in Germany.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He's not going to just show there with no plans and hope someone will show up to give him a gun and some ammo.
    I'm sure there's already a place for him to stay, guns, gear and ammo waiting for him.
    I'm sure European folks are also on standby to get him out of the country as well should the need arise.

I already checked how many tanks of gas would I need to make it to the Polish border.
    Yes, that was my understanding that he and a few associates were gonna go over there and meet up with other connections already there. They were going to fly in and rent a vehicle then enter into Ukraine.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Wow that puts things in perspective. You are closer to Ukraine than we are to California.

Edit: Google has straight line distance or air travel distance is equal to 1,360 miles French border to Ukraine border.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow that puts things in perspective. You are closer to Ukraine than we are to California.

Thank god I'm not that close to California! :):

It takes me 11 hours to drive to Berlin.
    It would take 26 to go to Kiev.

All that under normal circumstances of course.

You can easily understand distances with that map showing Europe with 'merica on top.

Looks like me going to Kiev would be like you going from Indiana to roughly Texas.

5sdaj2s694lz.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Closer than Cody Wyoming!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thank god I'm not that close to California! :):

It takes me 11 hours to drive to Berlin.
    It would take 26 to go to Kiev.

All that under normal circumstances of course.

You can easily understand distances with that map showing Europe with 'merica on top.

Looks like me going to Kiev would be like you going from Indiana to roughly Texas.

5sdaj2s694lz.jpg
    That map really helps. Thanks for posting that. Europe has so much history and diverse culture that it seems bigger than it actually is.

You are currently an acceptable distance from California. :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So back in the day we were prepared to fight to the death with the USSR. Ton of supplies in position in Europe. Our friends the U.K. and the French stood ready.

Now the French have more combat power than the UK and Germany combined.

We cannot field a Army in the terms of WW2 I was a DS we had about a 10% drop out rate. You have to be determined to make it. Some are too stupid and fat/ whiney. You are in fact protected by about 20% of strong great Americans.

MOST CANNOT READ AT A 8TH GRADE LEVEL!

In addition I am not a Air Force dude but our ground crews work hard. Pilots literally crawl out of a plane. Then another Pilot jumps in.

That's how you win air fights in my non informed stance.
    I welcome our future robot brothers as they join us in combat - at least until they turn on us because of a desire to wipe out all of humanity

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah like I said before. I can't see it as being in China's best interest to escalate.
    If we nuked the **** out of china while they were distracted stirring the pot in Europe, I wonder if Putin would be willing to go nuclear with us over it

China is thought to have between 200 and 350 deliverable warheads

Fight 'em now or fight 'em later

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom