Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Negotiations continue...

Considering a condition of NATO membership is internal control of your country, the Ukraine is not anywhere close to that, so making NATO membership a sticking point in negotiations doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Russians will loose a little weight once this happens. I wonder if they serve their meal deals with vodka?
    LOL...McDonalds is shutting down but will still keep paying all 62,000 employees.....what? Must be a covid thing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Don't you know, never **** off your special operations forces...

Alternative take on the stalled convoy going to Kyiv...

Russian Spetsnaz supposedly are talking like that? If that is true then they are less disciplined than our National Guard troops. If Russian Spetsnaz are complaining after just 11 days of battle I've no respect for them.
    I find this to be more propaganda or they are very weak minded and nothing like the Cold War era Spetsnaz they are definitely weaker than our special forces.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Russian Spetsnaz supposedly are talking like that? If that is true then they are less disciplined than our National Guard troops. If Russian Spetsnaz are complaining after just 11 days of battle I've no respect for them.
    I find this to be more propaganda or they are very weak minded and nothing like the Cold War era Spetsnaz they are definitely weaker than our special forces.
    It's probably propaganda.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't you know, never **** off your special operations forces...

Alternative take on the stalled convoy going to Kyiv...

This is a very good video. I do not agree with everything he says,but it does seem to track the movement of the Russian military better than most sources I have seen. It also does well is showing where losses did and did not happen where possible. So thank you for posting this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pardon me while I wipe away my tear for short-sellers and derivative traders

I will then tune my very tiny violin in preparation for playing a dirge
    Yeah. simply gamblers. I wont shed a tear for anyone who loses their shirt gambling either.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Right, cause soldiers in a war, that aren't being supported, can't get supplies, whose forces aren't or can't coordinate with them and whose side the battle plan isn't going anywhere according to plan, don't b!tch and moan...

I find it plausible, not necessarily probable. Just trying to keep up with as much going on as possible.

Ah, there are different "Spetsnaz" in the Russian military, I did not know that. Could be the non-GRU Spetsnaz are the ones complaining?

To be clear, the “Spetsnaz” aren’t any single part of the Russian military apparatus. They are any special operations unit of the Russian military, including the Russian Navy, Airborne troops, and FSB (formerly the KGB). Most often, when westerners refer to the Spetsnaz, they’re referring to the special operations section of the GRU, Russia’s military intelligence service.

Didn't see this one pass by...

Info on Ukrainian S.F.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Right, cause soldiers in a war, that aren't being supported, can't get supplies, whose forces aren't or can't coordinate with them and whose side the battle plan isn't going anywhere according to plan, don't b!tch and moan...

I find it plausible, not necessarily probable. Just trying to keep up with as much going on as possible.

Ah, there are different "Spetsnaz" in the Russian military, I did not know that. Could be the non-GRU Spetsnaz are the ones complaining?

Info on Ukrainian S.F.

I disagree. Highly disciplined special forces won't break that easy. Unless their special forces are not so special.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I disagree. Highly disciplined special forces won't break that easy. Unless their special forces are not so special.

You are making an assumption that 100% of their special forces are highly disciplined. Not a bad assumption but when has any large force been 100% highly disciplined for 100% of the time.

One might assume that there is negative scuttlebutt within the ranks. One could assume commanders and their aides would know this. All it takes is a couple of them having loose lips over vodka.

Given the current state of the Russian invasion makes me think their state of actual readiness isn’t what was said in all the glowing performance reviews the various commanders signed off on (no doubt retaining their bonus points and rewards)

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Info on Ukrainian S.F.

This is my favorite story so far. I could easily envision my 5'10", 225lb. Busia doing this!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is my favorite story so far. I could easily envision my 5'10", 225lb. Busia doing this!
    Props for what is likely the very first time the word "Busia" has been used on INGO. :):

Mine would have hit the first Ruskie she saw with a frying pan and chased 'em down the block. :D

EDIT: No, first use was related to kielbasa in 2014: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...nd-still-eat-today.360432/page-2#post-5316785

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If Russia is so brutal and harsh, can anyone rationalize to me why the internet and power is still working?
    Power may still be working because some of it goes to mother Russia and you can't just shut down the load without destabilizing the grid and dialing back the output power means dialing back the reactor output, which hopefully nobody wants to do haphazardly

Can't shut down internet if Starlink is broadcasting it from satellite

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If Russia is so brutal and harsh, can anyone rationalize to me why the internet and power is still working?
    Russia is brutal and harsh because they are lobbing shells into civilian areas; I would think no matter your stance or 'side' one would think this was brutal and harsh. The internet and power would certainly be an inconvenience for civilians, but they wouldn't be hopelessly running in fear for their lives.

Maybe the internet and power is still on because Russia is really just a mouthy bully? They were supposed to walk in and cream them but they didn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom