• ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Picked one up at rk today for 199

Put 250 rounds through it in an hour. Had 3 ftf. Dunno if it's break in, too hot, dirty, or just the gun. Maybe ammo Idk. Overall I was impressed by the accuracy. I'm used to striker fired pistols, but quickly got used to the DAO trigger. Not locking open in the last round is weird to get used to.

FYI:The base model (not the custom) has a steel guide rod. So the difference between the custom and this one are the sights and a slightly wider trigger. This trigger was fine imo.

Last edited:

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I have a Gen 1 LCP that I bought new several years ago for $250. Personally for deep conceal carry and given what the intent of this type of gun, I prefer the low sights. This gun is for the 5 yards and in when there is no other option in a life and death situation. I hated the feel of the factory trigger, so I spent the money a couple years ago on the Sweet Pea trigger (black), the recoil and hammer spring upgrades, and the stainless guide rod. All of which make this gun more pleasurable to shoot and easier to shoot more accurately. The trigger alone is a huge improvement not only in a smooth pull but it has a more refined shape to it being less "hooked".

So if you guys can find the "custom" for around $200 that is a heck of a deal ... even if it has the raised sights and the ugly red colored trigger (both I don't care for).

My LCP has been extremely reliable with every kind of ammo that I have put though it. I cannot stand bulk of any kind on my belt or in my pockets, so the LCP has been my preferred carry gun for a few years now.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Well, I'm whizzed off...

I'm getting the run around on my order. So here is what I emailed them..

My order number is 80000XXXX - I ordered a Ruger LCP .380 on December 24th. At that time the website said that it was "in stock" and the lady I talked to said it would be shipped right after Christmas. It is now 7 days later and the order is still "in process". Today I called the "order by phone line" and was told that the gun was not really "in stock" at that time but they had an order that was supposed to come in on December 23rd but didn't and they still had not received it as of yet. So, here I am waiting on an "in stock" gun that was really not "in stock" at the time but just on order from the manufacturer. That is NOT a good way to run a business. "In stock" should mean that you have it in your gun cage, not on order from the manufacturer. Needless to say I am not a happy customer at this time. I would like this to be rectified as soon as possible - First off - I would like to get my gun I ordered , and secondly you all need to change that process of posting on your site that the gun is "in stock" when it really is only on order. If that is not changed you will only alienate future customers.

Sincerely,

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I hated the feel of the factory trigger, so I spent the money a couple years ago on the Sweet Pea trigger (black), the recoil and hammer spring upgrades, and the stainless guide rod. All of which make this gun more pleasurable to shoot and easier to shoot more accurately. The trigger alone is a huge improvement not only in a smooth pull but it has a more refined shape to it being less "hooked".

Did you put in the Sweet Pea yourself?

K1LLB0XS373N

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2015
    Morgan County
    Great CCW, not so much fun at the range I wouldn't think. My Ruger LC9 had alot of snap to it. LCP is smaller caliber but also smaller frame. Reviews seem mixed but I guess at 200 dollars the complaint department must be small....

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    The guy @ Greenwood told me they were getting guns in the next day and to call around 11:30-Noon I called and they said they got some in and had two left. As soon as I got there a guy was buying one and I proceeded to purchase the last one.

@214 out the door they go quick!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My Taurus TCP bit the dust so I'm in the market for a LCP. I'm a Ruger fan already but with the price drop, it's even sweeter. Of course, everywhere I check is out of stock. RK, LGS, etc.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Everyone's sold out from the holidays. You should be able to find them within the next month or so. Otherwise you can call RK daily to find out when they're getting guns in.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Everyone's sold out from the holidays. You should be able to find them within the next month or so. Otherwise you can call RK daily to find out when they're getting guns in.

Whatever you do don't buy from RKGuns.com Their "in stock" does not really mean "in hand". I'm still waiting...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Just got off the phone with RKGuns.com and they still don't have any in stock. They say "Waiting on shipment" that was supposed to be there on December 23rd. The latest BS fro Obama will probably make that wait longer.

The Rep did say he would discount the gun 10% because of the wait. Of course if I never get the gun 10% is meaningless..

Top Bottom