• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    The manager told me it was in case I brought a loaded magazine in with me....so you hand it to me in the parking lot and I load it up, walk back in and....?

Yeah dumb. I'm sure it's an excuse in case anything happens for liability reasons.

I don't see why we can't just hold PEOPLE COMMITTING THE CRIMES liable for their own actions.

They also said they don't let customers handle the guns w/o trigger locks on them...as I'm waiting 20 mins for them to put the NICS in I'm playing with the lcp then when the manager comes up I pick it up to look at something and he almost :poop: his pants. (I wasn't sweeping anyone or pointing the gun at anything but the floor)

I did get swept a couple times by the employee though, they never cleared the firearm. I did after he handed it to me.

I'm like ok...no one else told me this...so I sat it down...and waited on them to finish their NICS.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Picked the gun up this morning . Took a half hour processing it. Last gun I bought went through Lock and Load in Newburgh and I wasn't there 10'minutes. They didn't give me the 10% discount so I called customer service. They are checking and getting back with me. No more RKGuns.com for me

Well, I got my $19.99 today...

Now to buy a few goodies for the gun...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Wow, I paid $350 for my LCP when they first came out. I wound up selling it for $300 after putting a few hundred rounds through it and carrying it for several years. The $200 price tag tempts me to get another. Then again, the Taurus PT111 G2 is calling me, as well. It seems to be a pretty neat gun for 200 bucks. I don't trust Taurus, though. I've heard too many complaints and my brother had a small .40 cal Taurus that was unreliable and pure junk. My LCP never once had a ftf or ftf, and it was an early production model.

Hmm. I think I'll just save the money and put it toward ammo for my Glock 42. But....that LCP is still calling me like the Sirens called Odysseus!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wow, I paid $350 for my LCP when they first came out. I wound up selling it for $300 after putting a few hundred rounds through it and carrying it for several years. The $200 price tag tempts me to get another. Then again, the Taurus PT111 G2 is calling me, as well. It seems to be a pretty neat gun for 200 bucks. I don't trust Taurus, though. I've heard too many complaints and my brother had a small .40 cal Taurus that was unreliable and pure junk. My LCP never once had a ftf or ftf, and it was an early production model.

Hmm. I think I'll just save the money and put it toward ammo for my Glock 42. But....that LCP is still calling me like the Sirens called Odysseus!

I had a Taurus PT111 G2 for a couple months last year.....The worst trigger I have ever felt on a modern handgun. Sold it with full disclosure for the $200 I had in it.... It's your money, but I would definitely stay away....
    Also seemed prone to limp wristing. I had no issues, but my wife did have issues with it cycling reliably. And the Wife is an experienced handgun shooter...

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Picked the gun up this morning . Took a half hour processing it. Last gun I bought went through Lock and Load in Newburgh and I wasn't there 10'minutes. They didn't give me the 10% discount so I called customer service. They are checking and getting back with me. No more RKGuns.com for me

Last time you used Lock and Load, were you summarily chastised for not buying the gun from them when you picked it up?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Saw the lcp for $239 at Point Blank in Greenwood. I feel like all their guns are slightly overpriced there unless they're on sale. Oh well, people still buy'em!

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    My issue with most pocket holsters was how thick they were as far as material on both sides of the gun. I ended up fabricating my own because I didn't want my pocket to look any bulkier than necessary.

I'm pretty slim, 5'10 160~ and wear fitting clothes so the thickness of all the pocket holsters I tried was an issue to me. I settled on this, page 5 if it doesn't automatically go there.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/401757-pocket-pistol-problem-holster-not-5.html

If you wear more relaxed jeans with deep pockets you should be fine with that style of holster, add its essentially the same as the "remora" brand.

I also did this to my front sight...

View attachment 44378

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    I have a sticky for my PPK. it works ok, but i don't use it as a pocket holster. I use it as an iwb. Its just way to big for any pockets i have. It works ok as an iwb, but once you draw its hard to put it back in the holster. Also if you ever have to undo your belt, there isn't anything hold it in. I'm thinking about putting a clip on it.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I have a sticky for my PPK. it works ok, but i don't use it as a pocket holster. I use it as an iwb. Its just way to big for any pockets i have. It works ok as an iwb, but once you draw its hard to put it back in the holster. Also if you ever have to undo your belt, there isn't anything hold it in. I'm thinking about putting a clip on it.

You could buy a leather/kydex hybrid type holster. Alien Gear holsters have worked well enough for me in the past. About $35 and up on the price. Well worth it imo. I tried the clipless style and I feel much better with it being secured.

Top Bottom