• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Maybe they'll finally have the bugs worked ot of the SR platform and will be throwing a party?

Cjcmajor - you have me intrigued at the thought of a compact 1911 with a poly frame....

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I'm surprised that it hasn't leaked anywhere yet.

I do find it funny that Glock can never keep the lid on it, while it seems Ruger has done the best job of building suspense. Granted if Glock is coming out with anything we already know its a pistol but it takes all the fun out of a release. However if they beat charter arms to a revolver that fired rimless without moonclips they would make a killing. The last few releases have been in the HARD-R series and all have been extremely successful, cant see why they wouldn't keep it up. :)

Although if they have to issue a recall over it I am willing to bet the head of the testing department will be shot. Will be interesting to see. :)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I do find it funny that Glock can never keep the lid on it, while it seems Ruger has done the best job of building suspense. Granted if Glock is coming out with anything we already know its a pistol but it takes all the fun out of a release. However if they beat charter arms to a revolver that fired rimless without moonclips they would make a killing. The last few releases have been in the HARD-R series and all have been extremely successful, cant see why they wouldn't keep it up. :)

Although if they have to issue a recall over it I am willing to bet the head of the testing department will be shot. Will be interesting to see. :)

Did the 9mm blackhawk need moon clips?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    There was the Ruger XGI that was a .308 version, but it never went into mass production...

Ruger XGI - PerfectUnion BBS

Don't know why it never went through. Bugs or something.

Yup never could get it to run good enough so they released the Mini-30 instead. Im kinda doubting they would release it though, right now is not the time to be releasing another 1.5-2k rifle. No one has that kind of money to spend right now, but let people buy a sub $500 pistol, and watch them fly off the shelves.

On the other hand if they released a sub 1k 308 semi automatic, watch out because they going to fly off the shelves, I know id buy one. :)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Nope. Just drop the cartridge in the cylinder. However, unlike modern double action revolvers with swing-out cylinders, the cases are poked out one at a time with a fixed-cylinder single action like the Blackhawk, with a fixed spring-loaded ejector rod. It works the same for any type of cartridge in a Blackhawk, with the only difference being that the rim on revolver cartridges holds the round in place, while the 9mm or .45 ACP cylinders are designed to hold a semiauto catridge in place at the case mouth, if I understand the system correctly.

The moon clips used in 9mm or .45 ACP revolvers are necessary because there is not a sufficient rim on semiauto pistol cartridges for a standard revolver extractor to catch and eject the spent casings. Charter Arms supposedly has an extractor design that will successfully extract semiauto casings, but the release of their "rimless revolvers" has been delayed several times, for some reason. Personally, I'd rather see a company like Ruger or S&W develop something like this, rather than the budget firm of Charter Arms. I could dig an SP-101 in .40 S&W. :)

It was the ejection that I missed. I knew that the headspacing wouldn't be a problem going from SA to DA, but I completely overlooked "ok, how do i get the brass out once I fired it?"

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    A guy at a gun shop heard from a WalMart ammo counter guy that a someone at Gander told him it was the flashlight gun!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Hoping for a 6 shot .327 fed mag LCR, or a LCP in 9mm

But, they're selling so well, I can't imagine they'd want to split the market between themselves on two guns until sales taper off.

Probably an AR or 1911 varient

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im hoping for an LCR in 357 but a 9mm LCP would be pretty cool also. But look at it this way with a recall you will probably get a cool hat or a coozie out of the deal lol:lmfao:

Top Bottom