• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    The .327 is cool but first you are only appealing to a shrinking crowd and I don't think that the wheel gun guys that are out there are running out to get rid of their .357's, for about the same thing with a bit smaller round and a bit less recoil.:dunno:
    Nice try, lets move on.:D

Not in something the size of the Blackhawk and GP100. The .327 seems to me tailor made for the smaller guns like the SP101. The GP100 was designed for the .357, and one extra shot doesn't justify carrying around that much gun for a reduction in recoil. The GP100 handles .357 recoil just fine, thank you! I'd run out and buy that 4" 6 shot SP101 I mentioned earlier so fast your head would spin, though.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Man you guys are being closed minded. What where you expecting? A legal machine pistol? A .50 cal rifle for $500? These things are cool! Could they be cooler, sure and maybe that will come soon. Atleast Ruger is doing something when they could be cutting whole lines. And what hype? They introduced 3 new models and all they did was change their website for 5 days or less. It attracted a LOT of internet attention without them saying a single thing.

I think the Single Six frame would be cooler for the .327, but i'd still check these things out. I havn't shot a .327 yet but i think it could be a Great round. The SR9c could be my first carry gun, i liked the full size, but don't need one(too big). I'll be looking at one of these closely when they come to a gun store near me. Why? glocks and xd's are fat and ugly.

Also, the GP100 in .327 is fairly useless, the blackhawk is more interesting and with a long barrel could be killer in small bore silhouette(of some kind).

I'd like to know what you think Ruger should have made that would have wowed you?

ho-humm this is boring, lets have more glock copies and ARs!

edit: Uh-oh i stirred a pot with post#666.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Man you guys are being closed minded. What where you expecting? A legal machine pistol? A .50 cal rifle for $500? These things are cool! Could they be cooler, sure and maybe that will come soon. At least Ruger is doing something when they could be cutting whole lines. And what hype? They introduced 3 new models and all they did was change their website for 5 days or less. It attracted a LOT of internet attention without them saying a single thing.
    It was hyped by guys like me who open these threads about how cool what ever they produce is going to be. And for the record I did call the 9mm compact in either a larger LCP or SR9 platform. :D

Not a mind blowing release but the SR9 is a great platform, only other polymer gun id consider outside of the M&Ps.

Gunblast already has a review up.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    More new guns from any reputable manufacturer should be good news to us. A compact SR-9 should be a good selling pistol, compacts are all the rage. I'm one who thinks America needs a new revolver like the S&W M-10 used to be. A QUALITY yet LOWER priced 6-7 shot .38 special or7-8 shot .327. The GP-100 is a great gun, but is still$500+ new. I hope Ruger will take the new revolver technology they invented in the CLR and enlarge it to K- frame size for .38 or .327.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    did you not read the first 8 or so pages where we listed what we expected/hoped for?

About 1/3 of the posters guessed compact 9mm. Another 1/3 said plastic blackhawk(from ruger forums), and the rest had a variety. Now it's a compact 9mm and everybody is upset that it's just another boring 9mm compact. Atleast the new blackhawk isn't plastic.

ISHOOTHST'S said:
    Dang thats quick review for something that was announced today. Guess they wanted someone to review it before the RD.
    You know he gets those guns weeks before they're released. He's sworn to secrecy. He has a sweet job.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    About 1/3 of the posters guessed compact 9mm. Another 1/3 said plastic blackhawk(from ruger forums), and the rest had a variety.
    I think your proportions are a bit incorrect.
    Now it's a compact 9mm and everybody is upset that it's just another boring 9mm compact. Atleast the new blackhawk isn't plastic.
    Notice that the ones who are disappointed by the compact 9mm aren't the ones who were hoping for a compact 9mm. Or not. I don't care.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Or not. I don't care.

Ha! now that's the truth.

From Jeff Quinn Via RugerForum.com
    For those of you who have no desire for these new handguns, fear not! More new introductions are on the way, and soon. There will be another announced at SHOT.

Now that's some GREAT NEWS!! and he oughta know, he's the guy behind gunblast.com so he's probably already shot it and may have one at home.

We can start this whole deal all over again!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have no problem with Ruger coming out with a compact 9mm, but this was a half hearted effort at best.

Every one of the dimensions is larger, and the handgun is heavier than the M&P9 c... And, there are those who think that even the M&P can be reduced. This is not the innovation that Ruger has been displaying over the last couple of years. You know... The kind of innovation that caused me to buy an LCP and LCR when they came to market, and will likely cause me to buy a SR-556. Innovative? I think not. I can't even say it's cute!

Call me disappointed.

Dimensions - SR9c - M&P9c
    Length: - 6.85" - 6.7"
    Height: - 4.61" - 4.3"
    Width: - 1.27 - 1.2"
    weight: - 24oz - 21.7oz

Yawn...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom