• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I love the way my SR9 feels and shoots, so I'm looking forward to holding one of these to see how it feels.

I wouldn't judge it until inspecting it closely. Everyone who has shot my SR9 at the range has expressed surprise at how nice it feels and shoots. They may have been lying and being nice, but it sure looked and sounded like they were genuinely surprised. It is a well built, reliable gun. I've shot something just south of 1,000 rounds through it, with no failures to feed or fire, with a wide variety of ammo. I just don't see why there is such hate for the SR9, other than it not being pretty.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I love the way my SR9 feels and shoots, so I'm looking forward to holding one of these to see how it feels.

I wouldn't judge it until inspecting it closely. Everyone who has shot my SR9 at the range has expressed surprise at how nice it feels and shoots. They may have been lying and being nice, but it sure looked and sounded like they were genuinely surprised. It is a well built, reliable gun. I've shot something just south of 1,000 rounds through it, with no failures to feed or fire, with a wide variety of ammo. I just don't see why there is such hate for the SR9, other than it not being pretty.

I was intrigued by the SR9, and loved the way it felt in my hand. Then I dry fired it. The trigger was horrifyingly bad. Long and EXTREMELY gritty. I've heard the post-recall triggers are better, but haven't had the opportunity to try them.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    My idea for Ruger would be called the BMR (Basic Medium Revolver) Take the polymer frame and trigger cam of the LCR and size it between that and the GP-100. 2", 3",4" barrel with sights like most autos. Replaceable front sights with plain, tritium, or fiber optic. Rear sights drift adj. like the P-95. In calibers.22lr, .22 mag.(8 shot) .327 Mag 6-7 shot (with .32auto cylinder option) and .38 Special 6 shot. Sell it for around $400 or less. I believe we are ready for such a gun.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    One of the reasons this release came off with a resounding thud, there was nothing new in it. Same guns, some size difference, big hype to sell there overpriced propriatary caliber. Remember the Marlin/Hornaday collaberation, one year for brass, bullets are still not out.

RUGER needs to take a page out of the Tauras marketing manual.
    The Judge and evolving family is still a hot tamale.Totally different.
    My aim is not to disparage Ruger fans...Hell I'm one.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I know everyone is probably about sick of this thread already, but I got to thinking.... If Ruger is gonna make an 8 shot .327 Blackhawk, why not make a 7 shot .357 Blackhawk?I bet the cylinder could easily accomodate it due to its monsterous size. Hell, I wouldn't doubt if they could squeeze 8 .357's in there.... Just a thought anyway...

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I would guess it's because they don't see a market for it. I think you're right, if they wanted to, they could easily.

That's what I figured, but I wonder what sort of market would prefer an 8 shot .327 to an 8 shot 357. Isn't there an 8 shot N frame S&W? The 627, I beleive. I would venture to guess that the Blackhawk's cylinder is at least as big. I don't know. I think a 4 5/8's 8 shot .357 would be pretty darned neat. Then again, the more I think about, who other than me would really want one. I suppose you don't need 8 shots for hunting and cowboys would probably feel a little weird not having the six shooter too...

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I know everyone is probably about sick of this thread already, but I got to thinking.... If Ruger is gonna make an 8 shot .327 Blackhawk, why not make a 7 shot .357 Blackhawk?I bet the cylinder could easily accomodate it due to its monsterous size. Hell, I wouldn't doubt if they could squeeze 8 .357's in there.... Just a thought anyway...[/QUOTE Since the .327 is the 21st century.32-20 I wonder why Ruger didn't bring that caliber out in the smaller, Colt sized NEW VAQUERO, but with adjustable sights. Maybe in a Flat Top version like the .357 a few years ago.And a 7.5" barrel.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Ruger seems to be making a commitment to this cartridge so there is a good chance that more is to come. You might want to send a message to the ceo with the link i posted on the previous page. I'm sure they've considered everything you can imagine and just need to see a demand for them to start building it.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I hear you guys on the "why", and the "answer to a question no one ask" But, If the trigger doesn't feel too crappy, I'll probably have one of these. My Son's SR9 has a lousey trigger, it's his carry gun, he lives 3 hrs away and I haven't had a chance to tear it apart and see what the deal is. SO, like I said, If the trigger doesn't feel too bad on the first one I see, I'll own it. Ruger has always been good for me. It's not Tiny, It's not a pocket gun, it just looks like a good small carry size (kinda like my CW45).

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    That's what I figured, but I wonder what sort of market would prefer an 8 shot .327 to an 8 shot 357. Isn't there an 8 shot N frame S&W? The 627, I beleive. I would venture to guess that the Blackhawk's cylinder is at least as big. I don't know. I think a 4 5/8's 8 shot .357 would be pretty darned neat. Then again, the more I think about, who other than me would really want one. I suppose you don't need 8 shots for hunting and cowboys would probably feel a little weird not having the six shooter too...

Did someone say 8 shot .357? :D

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

I don't think the cylinder on the blackhawk would hold 8 rounds of .357 magnum. Super Blackhawk and Super Redhawk, probably. Not a bad idea.

My dad has an early 627-0, that has only a 6 rd cylinder. The cylinder walls are ridiculously thick. Talk about pushing SAAMI. :D

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Nice!! Quite a "pocket gun" you got there....

Actually the Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk have the same cylinder diameter... And it is not very much smaller than the Redhawk... I think it could be done. I would buy one!

Top Bottom