• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I put up a good discussion with my wife, but I lost this battle. I'm not going to be able to attend, but I'd love to hear about how it goes.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry you won't be joining us. We are going to have a lovely stroll through the rolling wooded terrain of Morgan Monroe State Forest.

We are looking at doing a 10 mile loop. Thats a reasonable Bug Out distance for many people. I'm not saying it will be easy. I'm saying it will be rewarding.

We will probably knock out 2-3 miles in a hour. That will be the pace. But we will stop along the way, drop our rucks and do some hands on classroom stuff. We will cover food/water procurement, wilderness 1st aid, fire and shelter. Along the way there will be "teaching moments", as woodland curiosities present themselves. There will be water breaks and foot checks.

Oh man is this gonna be fun.

WETSU

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Sorry you won't be joining us. We are going to have a lovely stroll through the rolling wooded terrain of Morgan Monroe State Forest.

We are looking at doing a 10 mile loop. Thats a reasonable Bug Out distance for many people. I'm not saying it will be easy. I'm saying it will be rewarding.

We will probably knock out 2-3 miles in a hour. That will be the pace. But we will stop along the way, drop our rucks and do some hands on classroom stuff. We will cover food/water procurement, wilderness 1st aid, fire and shelter. Along the way there will be "teaching moments", as woodland curiosities present themselves. There will be water breaks and foot checks.

Oh man is this gonna be fun.

WETSU

Just reading that makes me want to argue with my wife! She's been good to me so far this year with letting me attend training classes. I'm going to have to ask her again. I want to go so bad.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've been taking the opportunity to get in shape over the past couple of months. I haven't been able to ruck as much as I would have liked, but my boots are broken in and my ruck is ready. I think I will carry what I would normally carry for 2-3 days, but any suggestions would be welcomed.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    PVC pipe filled with wet sand and sprayed with krylon camo. Simulate carrying your rifle if you wont be. Tape two together for carrying a PKM :)

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One week until the Ruckwork workshop in Southern Indiana. Get with me or Que for details. Check the terrain features on this topo. Thats Morgan-Monroe man, there are some ups n' downs.

a23365b3-fa7c-4e09-9d03-3b10660308fd_zpsda483b37.jpg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    One week until the Ruckwork workshop in Southern Indiana. Get with me or Que for details. Check the terrain features on this topo. Thats Morgan-Monroe man, there are some ups n' downs.

a23365b3-fa7c-4e09-9d03-3b10660308fd_zpsda483b37.jpg

Where are you getting your topo's WETSU? I've been trying to find them for local areas.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kidd, I order mine from a local outfitter. The USGS also has topo maps of everything, you can order from them or one of their online business partners.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well, I hope you all have a great time and I'm sure you will. I have received the final word from Mrs Teddy12b that I won't be there. Kinda sucks, but maybe I'll get to go next time. Take and post plenty of pictures!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We don't have enough cars on shift for me to take the 4th off (I've been watching the schedule hoping it would change). I guess it's ok since my wife isn't to happy about me being gone every other week for one class or another.

All y'all have fun. Hopefully I can make the next one.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gentlemen,

The Ruckmarch is in in approximately 42 hours. Hydrate. Rest. Get some sleep. We are going to put down some miles Saturday. Yes, we will stop, drop rucks and learn stuff, but make no mistake about it, when we are done, we will have covered some terrain.

Bring your ruck or BOB.
    Load it with extra water
    Consider rain gear, but you will be sweaty and wet anyway, so staying "dry" will be impossible. Embrace the suck and drive on.

I am looking forward to it. Rain or shine. Its gonna be a blast.

WETSU

Top Bottom