• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    How about we use capitalization and punctuation as the litmus test instead?

All I'm asking for is some clarification.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Let me clarify, all weapons will be checked to make sure they are safe and clear before any hands on instruction. If not then you will be asked politely to leave. If things work well, this next spring or summer I'll try and set something up with using blanks. One of our members, is going to let use use some property that he manages. So I want to make sure everyone is safe, and takes something useful from the class.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Let me clarify, all weapons will be checked to make sure they are safe and clear before any hands on instruction. If not then you will be asked politely to leave.

I am willing to lend a dozen blue guns (Glock 19s) to the class to keep live weapons out of the training area.

Too many people are killed with "unloaded" guns in training every year to ignore the danger of weapons still capable of accepting live ammo being used where no live fire is necessary.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Let me clarify, all weapons will be checked to make sure they are safe and clear before any hands on instruction. If not then you will be asked politely to leave. If things work well, this next spring or summer I'll try and set something up with using blanks. One of our members, is going to let use use some property that he manages. So I want to make sure everyone is safe, and takes something useful from the class.

I am willing to lend a dozen blue guns (Glock 19s) to the class to keep live weapons out of the training area.

Too many people are killed with "unloaded" guns in training every year to ignore the danger of weapons still capable of accepting live ammo being used where no live fire is necessary.

Shay's right. It should go without saying that real guns are considered ALWAYS loaded and never pointed at anyone.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've already offered loaners of my inert guns as well. I'll have a spare G17 and 1911 at the very least. I'll be bringing my inert M4 as well in case someone wants to share it too.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I enthusiastically vote for inert firearms. If that's the direction the course goes, I would be interested in attending, and I can bring my own.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That would be great. Glad to see that people are willing to bring training aids. Hopefuly I will hear some good news soon. So we can get things set up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The only question is, should I move one of my "real" flashlights onto my blue M4 in place of the cheapie that's on there now for demo purposes? I pretty much like to be able to roast a turkey or suntan an entire squad of cheerleaders with my light when necessary. :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The only question is, should I move one of my "real" flashlights onto my blue M4 in place of the cheapie that's on there now for demo purposes? I pretty much like to be able to roast a turkey or suntan an entire squad of cheerleaders with my light when necessary. :D

It's totaly up to you!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm definitely up for this once you find out the details! I've got one of the clear airsoft 1911's I could bring as well, along with a pistol grip airsoft shotgun if needed.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    very interested ,will make trip for this type of instruction .+1 for u.s. patriot for offering this up & putting his time in for what is something everyone is interested in learning to properly

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm definitely up for this once you find out the details! I've got one of the clear airsoft 1911's I could bring as well, along with a pistol grip airsoft shotgun if needed.

If we're going to agree on inert weapons only, I would suggest that you consider rendering those inoperable for this application. I use a couple of formerly airsoft weapons for demonstrations, but I've removed the firing mechanisms from them as well as removed the guts from the magazines.

Top Bottom