• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Put me down for the class as well!

sounds great - you could do these all over the state if you found some willing property owners.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    What are your credentials? Have you taught a class before? What would gear/weapon requirements be?

again along with these and not flaming....I ask of all i train with for the first time.

when were you last trained in this?
    are you certifed ins
    do you carry Liablity ins?
    will be live fire if so round counts and gear list please.
    will armor be required etc.....
    will these applications be done in low/no light as well.

what will be covered in the Course material

thank you

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Is this going to be single person structure clearing only or partner/team tactics?

And to ask the same question Steve just did, will there be live fire?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would be willing to teach a class. On how to clear rooms, cover and concealment, and choke points etc. We would have to find a place to do so. If you are interested, please either pm me or leave a message here. So you think I'm not just some gung ho nut job, that learned everything from watching movies. I was taught tactical entry, while in the service. Of course we had to learn to clear ships, but the same applies for clearing a home, or business etc. Hope to see some replies.

I'll do it, pending more details on the curriculum, date, etc.

In addition to other questions asked (all of them good):
    • Will this all be single level, or are you also going to address movement on stairways?
    • Will you be addressing low light issues?
    • Long guns, handguns, or both?
    • If this will be primarily a team-oriented session, should we bring our regular training partners?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No I have never taught a class. My credentials, are my Military training. I still have my training record, and DD214 if people want to see them. Also I was discharged in 2005, but I still practice what I was taught. When new people arrived at the station, I had to help train them to meet their qualifications. I would have to have everyone sign a waiver. I do not have the resources for insurance, or to be bonded. These are the topics we would cover.

1. Room clearing
    2. Cover and concealment
    3. Identifying threats
    4. Weapon control, and tactics
    5. Security issues

There will be no live fire. I know it would nice to use blanks, but it's more of a liability. Any weapon type is acceptable. Rather it be carbines, other types of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. In terms of gear bring whatever you would use at home, on a daily basis for protection. If you have a partner, feel free to bring them along. I want you to train, how you are going to protect your family and home. Yes we will be doing multiple levels if we have access, and also low light situations. Also we will not be using force against one another. Again to much liability. I just want to give you some basics, that you practice at home. It will have to be held on a Saturday, because I work third shift. I will start working on getting things set up. A previous poster said he was a Realtor in Indy, so I will get with him. Unless we can find, somewhere else to do so.

Yes we trained on ships, seeing as we where water cops. However we also trained in buildings. Most of our tactics where the same, as used by swat units. I will keep everyone updated, as things progress. Any more questions feel free to PM me. Thanks or showing interest, and I hope to see you soon.

Patriot.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll be there if I'm available. Right now the only Saturday I have booked is 26DEC09, but that could change since we're trying to schedule a basic handgun and intermediate handgun class in the near future.

I'll bring my blue guns (I have an M4 and several pistols).

An office space or a warehouse with attached office space would be ideal for this.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    US Patriot,

One of the training tools I use in the Army to teach FNG's CQB is "Glass Houses". A glass house is where you take and either use stakes and ropes to "construct" a structure in an open area. This way you can use a group of people as demonstrators and everyone can see how it is done the right way and still be out of the way of the team. The groups can also see how the classmates are doing it wrong. And finally you as the instructor can stand outside of the "structure and see the entire team move. Very useful way to instruct Novices at CQB.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Any updates on this project?

I am currently stuck with Tuesdays, and Wednesdays off. I am switching to Fridays, and Saturdays off. Have not been told when, but hopefully the beginning of next month. Once that happens I'll get back with the member who is a property manager. That way we can set up a date, and time.

Top Bottom