• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Especially when he's been given such a broad platform with the mainstream media. And the overwhelming acceptance to the debates so he may put his ideas out against Romney and Obama.

I don't know the answer to this, but I suspect that if he truly had the following of enough people he'd be given equal air time. If he only has 2779 financial contributors, the network are not going to give him a voice. They are in the business to make money as well, and an audience of 2779 is not going to help in their efforts either.

It a vicious cycle, you have to have a following to get equal air time, but you also have to have equal air time to get a following.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I don't know the answer to this, but I suspect that if he truly had the following of enough people he'd be given equal air time. If he only has 2779 financial contributors, the network are not going to give him a voice. They are in the business to make money as well, and an audience of 2779 is not going to help in their efforts either.

It a vicious cycle, you have to have a following to get equal air time, but you also have to have equal air time to get a following.

Because Ron Paul got a fair shake with the same media? With a broad support base.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Because Ron Paul got a fair shake with the same media? With a broad support base.

The negative media treatment of Romney is because they're in bed with Obama. The negative media treatment of Paul and Johnson is only dollars and cents.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    The excitement of Sarah Palin, but not the madness.

Seriously. What madness? It's like a crap ton of people watched the SNL skits with Tina Fey and really thought they were looking at the real Sarah Palin or something.

At her core, she is fired up about the concept of responsible government. Yeah, what lunacy.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Especially when he's been given such a broad platform with the mainstream media. And the overwhelming acceptance to the debates so he may put his ideas out against Romney and Obama.
    In 2004, Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian Presidential Candidate, was arrested for showing up to one of the Establishment's controlled debates between Bush and Kerry. There is no equal playing field when it comes to competing with the 2 major parties; not in debate time, not in public financing, not in media coverage.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    In 2004, Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian Presidential Candidate, was arrested for showing up to one of the Establishment's controlled debates between Bush and Kerry. There is no equal playing field when it comes to competing with the 2 major parties; not in debate time, not in public financing, not in media coverage.

I don't think that is true. I think any candidate with an equal marketshare, and the capital to go with it would most certainly be allowed to participate. However, just because someone has an Idea, and couple thousand followers does't mean he can just walk in in and take a seat at the table.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I don't think that is true. I think any candidate with an equal marketshare, and the capital to go with it would most certainly be allowed to participate. However, just because someone has an Idea, and couple thousand followers does't mean he can just walk in in and take a seat at the table.

I am not a member of the Libertarian party but they are indeed a real party regardless of size. Why are they not allowed an equal right to present their candidate to country regardless of how "unrealistic" his chances are at election? Because he might peak some interest? Because that interest may increase the party base? Therefore challenging the left/right monopoly?!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

Let's just be real clear about something you keep referencing. Money supporters and voters are two different things. Johnson has more than 2779 people across the country voting for him. He has over 56k followers on twitter alone.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Let's just be real clear about something you keep referencing. Money supporters and voters are two different things. Johnson has more than 2779 people across the country voting for him. He has over 56k followers on twitter alone.

Yes, Im not meaning to imply that he only has 2779 supporters. Sorry if it is coming across that way.

The number of people who will vote for him is unclear, and will be much much higher than 2779. THe correlation Im trying to make is that neither Romney or Obama would survive if only 2779 people donated $250k to their campaign.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Yes, Im not meaning to imply that he only has 2779 supporters. Sorry if it is coming across that way.

The number of people who will vote for him is unclear, and will be much much higher than 2779. THe correlation Im trying to make is that neither Romney or Obama would survive if only 2779 people donated $250k to their campaign.

So what you're saying is you have to be backed by bankers and major corporations to qualify to run for POTUS? No. He is his parties, regardless of size, nominee for the Presidency and therefore should receive the same chance to present his ideas, via debate, with the R and D nominees. Regardless of how realistic his chances may or may not be.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Reagan
    Bush Sr.
    Dole
    Bush Jr.
    McCain
    Romney

When do they start get more conservative instead of less?

Good heavens, man. Read the posts. I already answered this. It only started in earnest about 4 years ago. We are making progress. It appears the only republicans that you can count are presidential, candidates or office holders.

Go ahead and cast your vote for someone who can't win. We get it. You will vote on principal and feel good about making a statement. Fine. All the best.

My gut tells me, and I pray that you and your ilk are a very small minority and we can end this regime in November without you.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    So what you're saying is you have to be backed by bankers and major corporations to qualify to run for POTUS? No. He is his parties, regardless of size, nominee for the Presidency and therefore should receive the same chance to present his ideas, via debate, with the R and D nominees. Regardless of how realistic his chances may or may not be.

Not to qualify, but to get the word out to more than 10% of the country, yes it takes money to advertise. It takes money to travel to all the towns and states to reach the people.

I agree with your point completely. If he is the party nomination, he should have an equal seat at the table regardless. I don't know how to fix that.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Sarah Palin gets it. Other than the first paragraph she doesn't mention Ryan or Romney, but clearly attacked Pres. Obama. Even she knows that defeating him is the purpose in November.

From Her Facebook Page

Congratulations to Mitt Romney on his choice of Congressman Paul Ryan as his running mate. President Obama has declared that this election is about “two fundamentally different visions” for America. Goodness, he’s got that right. Our country cannot afford four more years of Barack Obama’s fundamentally flawed vision. We must now look to this new team, the Romney/Ryan ticket, to provide an alternate vision of an America that is fiscally responsible, strong, and prosperous – an America that understands and is proud of her exceptional place in the world and will respect those who fight to secure that exceptionalism, which includes keeping our promises to our veterans.

When I think about the direction our country is rapidly drifting in, I can’t help but look at California as a cautionary tale. The Golden State once boasted the entrepreneurial innovation of Silicon Valley, the American creative engine of the arts, economically powerful and beautiful cities from San Francisco to San Diego, and fertile farmlands that helped feed the nation. Now it is descending into financial ruin accompanied by an exodus of middle class Californians leaving for other states. As one writer put it, California’s “fastest-growing entity is government and its biggest product is red tape.”

Obama’s vision for America will make the rest of the country look like California, minus the beautiful scenery and warm weather.

Obama’s America is today’s California – complete with $100 billion taxpayer funded bullet trains to nowhere; out of control environmental extremists who have destroyed family farms and left some of the most fertile farm land in America fallow in order to protect a three inch fish; permanent high unemployment; government policies hostile to small business job creators; crippling high taxes; an abysmal real estate market; bloated government that wastes taxpayer money; endless budget shortfalls due to massive unfunded liabilities; city after city declaring bankruptcy; and a state government run by, in the words of one Wall Street Journal writer, “a brothel of environmentalists, lawyers, public-sector unions and legislative bums.”

We can’t afford Obama’s vision. Our children can’t afford it. Today we are over $15 trillion in debt and running up trillion dollar budget deficits year after year for as far as the eye can see. And our “leaders” have no plan to stop it! President Obama and this Congress don’t even have the fundamental blueprint—a budget!—to outline where they intend to take us as they merrily roll along with their out of control spending and constant increases of our debt “limit.” Our debt to China alone is more than we can ever hope to pay off in multiple generations. Such debt and dependence on foreign nations weakens us in countless ways. And yet our government keeps on spending despite the risks and despite conscientious, hardworking citizens telling them to just stop it. Our debt is growing by $3 million per minute. This debt, in conjunction with Obama’s massive government over-reaches like Obamacare, has strangled the private sector, which in turn has stifled job growth and slowed all economic growth. The only way to get our country moving again is to get back to basics like normal people do with our home and small business budgets! That means we must live within our means, get government out of the way of our job creators, develop the God-given natural resources we have been blessed with to provide real jobs and real energy security, and stop growing government and wasting taxpayer money on D.C. cronyism and useless stimulus kick-backs for favored donors.

Barack Obama’s record is one of dismal failure, which is why he isn’t talking about it. He would rather spend his time demonizing his opponents. The simple fact remains that Mitt Romney is not responsible for the dire state of our economy or the corruption and incompetence of the current administration.

Over the next 86 days, Barack Obama will try to distract us from his record. Many in the media will roll along with him in this mission. We must not let them continue the deception and distractions, and we must not be afraid to call the President out on his lies. His entire record in office exposes the false promises he made four years ago. So, let’s take a moment to remember what candidate Obama said just four short years ago.

Candidate Obama promised us fiscal prudence. But President Obama’s reckless spending and lack of fiscal leadership has led to the downgrading of our nation’s credit rating for the first time in history.

Candidate Obama decried reckless spending and promised to cut the deficit. But President Obama and those in Congress who control the purse strings and “go along to get along” have tripled it. President Obama’s proposed budget was so absurdly and wildly irresponsible that not one member of Congress, Republican or Democrat, voted in favor of it. And yet the Democrat controlled Senate still refuses to pass a budget itself, and this refusal has been going on for years now. That is irresponsible and, much more, it’s unconstitutional.

Candidate Obama promised us a “smarter government,” but President Obama has created a government that’s not too big to fail, but too big to succeed.

Candidate Obama promised us a plan for American energy independence. But President Obama has forced American taxpayers to subsidize bankrupt green energy companies with ties to his campaign donors. And when it comes to the energy we actually use to fuel our economy, President Obama’s administration blocks drilling and drags its feet on the permitting process. Meanwhile, he supports foreign energy developments, but not American made energy development. His administration opposes everything from drilling in ANWR to building the Keystone Pipeline to coal plants, but he’s all for subsidizing offshore drilling in Brazil and sitting back on his thumb while China moves in to pursue oil deals with Canada because his administration blocked responsible energy infrastructure development.

Candidate Obama promised us “the most transparent administration in history.” But in addition to refusing FOIA-requested documents, President Obama’s administration regularly holds meetings outside the White House and off the official White House visitor list with lobbyists and corporate interests they don’t want us to know about.

Candidate Obama promised to unite all America, but President Obama has cynically divided us again and again in his efforts to win reelection by playing identity politics and class warfare and pitting one group against another.

Candidate Obama promised us a “fundamentally transformed” America, and that is the only promise he’s delivered on. We can see now what his idea of “hope” is. Now we want change. He has failed to lead, so We the People must lead. And our leadership starts at the ballot box on November 6th.

Please continue to focus on the presidential race and on helping Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, but it’s also imperative that we get involved in the nation’s important House and Senate races. These candidates need our help to ensure that our next president has a responsible and ethical Congress that actually gets things done for America. Now on to November!

- Sarah Palin

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Not to qualify, but to get the word out to more than 10% of the country, yes it takes money to advertise. It takes money to travel to all the towns and states to reach the people.

I agree with your point completely. If he is the party nomination, he should have an equal seat at the table regardless. I don't know how to fix that.

I'm betting if they actually listed Johnson as a choice in surveys, polls, etc. he would get a lot more support. Unfortunately corporate owned mainstream media has nothing to gain from a ratings standpoint by giving time to other points of view.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    A Republican saying we should defeat a Democrat in the upcoming election? Shocking! She is going to fall in line like a good R and cheerlead for Romney. I don't think anyone is arguing that Obama doesn't need to be defeated. Folks are arguing that replacing him with someone who parallels so many of his points probably isn't the best option to do so.

Blaming third party voters is nothing more than a cop out for Romney's lack of a spirited campaign and a matter of his own record biting him in the ass.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I'm betting if they actually listed Johnson as a choice in surveys, polls, etc. he would get a lot more support. Unfortunately corporate owned mainstream media has nothing to gain from a ratings standpoint by giving time to other points of view.

I just spent about 10 minutes on GaryJohnson official campaign webpage. There were many points that alarmed me. In no random order.

No substance. His stance on the 2A is summed up in just a couple of sentences. While they are great words, he really should take some time to type up a little more.

He wants to cut military spending by 43%, Can't agree with that at all. I've been in the military for the past 20years, while you could call me biased, I can tell you that we literally are cutting cost daily, and the impact on our mission is being affected.

He wants to legalize Marijuana. I don't agree there either. Just because we can't get a handle on it, doesn't mean we need to legalize it.

Even if he was a contender, his values and mine do not align enough to get more than 10 minutes into researching him.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Blaming third party voters is nothing more than a cop out for Romney's lack of a spirited campaign and a matter of his own record biting him in the ass.

You've said that, and others have said that, allow me to explain why I feel that it is true.

You have three Choices.

Obama
    Romney
    Johnson.

Obama and Johnson are polar opposites. So a large majority of Johnson voters would NEVER vote for Obama. It's not that they are taking votes away from Romney, but they are not voting to Replace Pres. Obama.

If all Johnson voters voted for Romney, he would likely carry the election. If all Johnson voters stayed home, or voted for johnson (same thing) then It's a toss up on who wins.

So a vote for Johnson, is a vote for Johnson, nothing more, nothing less. But with the race as tight as it is, where every vote counts, it sure would be nice if Romney got more than Pres. Obama, and the only way to ensure that is to have People vote for Romney. Voting for anyone else, is simply not a vote for Romney.

Last edited:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    This wasn't a case of flopping on an issue. This was a case of pandering to voters and flopping to get a vote. Shows he's a liar. Can't abide a liar in any form.

You know, you're right! None of the candidates are any good. What we need is someone who will always tell the truth, stand up for his beliefs no matter what the cost, stand firm against the establishment and isn't afraid to call them the vipers they are! Someone who will do everything he says he's going to!!

Oh wait...we crucified him.

(This should have been in purple but there simply isn't a shade purple enough.)

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I just spent about 10 minutes on GaryJohnson official campaign webpage. There were many points that alarmed me. In no random order.

No substance. His stance on the 2A is summed up in just a couple of sentences. While they are great words, he really should take some time to type up a little more.

He wants to cut military spending by 43%, Can't agree with that at all. I've been in the military for the past 20years, while you could call me biased, I can tell you that we literally are cutting cost daily, and the impact on our mission is being affected.

He wants to legalize Marijuana. I don't agree there either. Just because we can't get a handle on it, doesn't mean we need to legalize it.

Even if he was a contender, his values and mine do not align enough to get more than 10 minutes into researching him.

Fair enough (although Johnson was the only candidate to have the nuts to say this after the Colorado shooting "“If we’re going to ban weapons, the people that will have weapons will be criminals,” the former New Mexico governor added. “It’s not legal to have tear gas, and this guy had tear gas. So laws don’t prevent criminals from conducting their activity. It’s law-abiding citizens that in this case, if just someone would have been armed in that theater, perhaps they could have brought this tragedy to an end or made it less of a tragedy than it was.”).

Based on your stated positions, Johnson probably isn't the candidate for you. I have the utmost respect for your position because you are voting based on your beliefs and values, not just because "he's electable and the lesser of two evils".

That being said, I myself don't see much changing if he gets elected to office, and I don't see a stop on the assault of the Constitution either.

Top Bottom