Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    "...speaking to other directors we have made the decision to sever all ties with the organization, effective immediately."

Funniest statement I've read in awhile considering Springfield and RRA are the founders and sole clients of IFMA. So what's Reese going to do? Refuse to talk to himself or look himself in the mirror anymore? (Of course, if I did what he did I wouldn't want to look myself in the mirror either). Maybe he'll give himself a good talking to so he won't be tempted to sell out in the future? :dunno:

One thing for certain they think we're stupid.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Honestly, i cant let my trp's or other springers go even because of this. Those are the guns Ive fallwn in love with and shoot the best in 45....to be fair, my pistols were built before 2013 and my rifle before 1942.....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Honestly, i cant let my trp's or other springers go even because of this. Those are the guns Ive fallwn in love with and shoot the best in 45....to be fair, my pistols were built before 2013 and my rifle before 1942.....

Well, getting rid of them doesn't exactly stick it to them. They're already paid for.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I love my SA 1911A1 and never plan to get rid of it. I am wanting a Range Officer, used of course.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    If I had one I wouldn't necessarily get rid of it, but even used is out of the question for me. I like to have plenty of mags & rebuild parts for every firearm we own. I also want the company to support their product and be honest in the process. Springfield proved to me that they can't be honest back during the XDS recall. They flat out lied at the start of it and continued to do so until pressure caught up with them and they were forced to admit they had no fix in place and were unsure of what to do.

A short time ago I recommended a RO 9mm for a relatives first gun. She doesn't care about political affiliations of companies or any other such things. She simply wanted the best pistol that accomplished it's goal for the money she was willing to spend. SA, and a couple others, fit that bill. That will NEVER happen again. I'll go out of my way to make sure my friends and family know all the nasty details and will never recommend a Springfield again.

Now this rooster is off to dig through archive hard drives to locate all those emails and statements they put on their web site. They're going to be saved on my active hard drive, PDF files for the phone and printed out so I can give them to the next person that asks me about a Springfield.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Two SA Reeses, Keller the lobbyist and RRA on bottom. What's 30/4? Or maybe they each got their own 30 pieces. Either way anyone saying they didn't know what was going on is straight up lying. SA and RRA ARE THE IFMA.

18268184_1535810066430787_130223762082947136_n.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I called ILA on Monday, short version (talking to a phone answerer)
    • NRA opposed SB 1657
    • We don't control manufacturers
    • Me: you need to get out in front of this and make a statement
    • NRA opposed SB 1657
    • Your lobbyist didn't know about the IFMA carve out.
    • NRA opposed SB 1657

And on and on an don...

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Entire thing reeks of BS / Lies, time will tell how many really care about what they did.

I own a RRA (had forgot, getting old) .308, no SA. Really not in market for their products, and now, will never be.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Stopping in to this thread for the first time in Several days. Looks like they aren't out of the woods...as I had hoped as I like SA's products. A M1A is still on my want list...high on my want list.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I copied these sites from just the first 6 pages of Google results, bearingarms.com, thetruthaboutgunc.com, thehighroad.com, militaryarmc.com, daysofourtrailers.blogspot, gunssavelife.com, ar15.com, texags.com, sofrep.com, akfiles.com, migunowners.com, glocktalk.com, guns.com, pafoa.com, captainsjournal.com, full30.com, gunlink.com, falfiles.com, armedpolitesociety.com, refugeforums.com, politicalforum.com, gunandgame.com, 4chan.com, northeastshooters.com, nygunforum.com, ncgunownerg.com, ingunowners.com, autreys.com, godlikeproductions.com, zelmanpartisans.com, thefirearmsforum.com, thegunpage.com, illinoiscarry.com, m4carbine.com, go2gbo.com, usmessageboard.com, reddit.com, instagram.com, voat.com, sofmag.com, patriotpowdernews.com, defensivecarry.com, the-fringe.com, mnguntalk.com, conservativenews247.com, theoutdoorsman.com, trendtalk.com.

NRA and NSSF where are you?

These are the youtube channels that have posted, Hank Strange, ParasidicGeneration, Peck’s 2A America, Kotaboy32, The VSO Gun Channel, Artisan Tony, Jason M, Ak Operators Union, travisp 11, MarksmanTV, MrHolster, Fun With Guns, Tactical Swede.

Glaringly missing, Wayne, Chris, Cam, Colion, Dana, Stichfield and every other NRA commentator.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    Same as what S&W did during the clinton era. sold out and screw everyone else. Reasons to not support companies who will at the drop of a dime sell you down the river of restriction!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    NSSF, NRA and their commentators are surprisingly silent.

Money trails lead so many places. Always follow the money.

I called ILA on Monday, short version (talking to a phone answerer)
    • NRA opposed SB 1657
    • We don't control manufacturers
    • Me: you need to get out in front of this and make a statement
    • NRA opposed SB 1657
    • Your lobbyist didn't know about the IFMA carve out.
    • NRA opposed SB 1657

And on and on an don...

Yep, between all of this crap and the shenanigans with the bylaws, I've had just about enough of the NRA swamp. I'm a lifetime member and a few months ago had been thinking of upgrading - NOT ANYMORE. I voted, informed others as best I could, and encouraged others to vote too, but the swamp creatures have a strong hold at the NRA right now. $$$$ seems like the most important thing to them and I don't like it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    True. But... I won't have someone else look at one of my guns and say... "that's really cool, I think I'll buy one too."

They still could they would just have to look around on the market. I may wait a few weeks to a month but sure enough a S&W 3906 does pop up on gb.

Top Bottom