Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know Days and trust him. He is on the ground and wired in tight to Illinois. This is a lot worse than I had suspected.

Days of our Trailers: Not Going Well For SpringField Arms and Rock River Armory

Turns out their lobbying firm\lobbyist (of which they are the sole members) have been giving campaign donations to hardcore anti-gunners in this state including Cullerton and Madigan.

If you're the sole members, how do you not know what YOUR lobbying firm is doing?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've been wanting to upgrade to a Daniel defense. Now's the time I guess. I'll sell the rock river to fund it...never thought id get rid of my rra...til now...rra blew the big one

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That is the zillion $$ question now isn't it? They are either traitorous turncoats that need to be run out of town...OR they are Dumb and Dumber and not to be trusted around a CNC machine, much less a fire arm.
    Not just that, I can easily believe that the corrupt machine in IL was extorting money from them for years.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    These guys should've known better, but then Illinois shouldn't stick them in a situation such as this in the first place

Yes they should have known better and no IL shouldn't have stuck them in the situation but that doesn't excuse what they did! Not one bit! They sold out every other person and small dealer in the State not to mention the fall out for people in all the other States since the anit's will use it to promote their agenda. Sometimes you have to take a stand but instead they folded by dropping opposition to SB-1657 and now we find out that they have contributed to anti gun politicians for years. Now it's time for all pro-firearm people across the Country to take a stand and make an example out of these 2 companies.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    For your entertainment.

[h=2]Springfield Armory CEO Dennis Reese Statement regarding IFMA and Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657)[/h] Posted by Team Springfield
    May 2, 2017 5:52:59 PM

The Executive Director of the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association (IFMA) acted without our prior knowledge and against our principles and those of the industry as a whole with respect to the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. We no longer have confidence in IFMA and after speaking to other directors we have made the decision to sever all ties with the organization, effective immediately.
    I take full responsibility for my failure of oversight in this case and deeply apologize to my employees, customers and industry partners for the distraction and divisiveness this situation has caused within our tight-knit community. Our industry has always stood strong and fought fiercely together in the past and I am personally committed to defeating this harmful legislation. To that end, I have pledged to the NRA that we will bring the full resources of my company to bear in this fight.
    We are not new to this battle, Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for decades. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the NRA, National Shooting Sports Foundation, the Illinois State Rifle Association and others to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.
    We want to assure all Americans, like us, who fight to protect the Second Amendment that we and our industry partners will leave no stone unturned to defeat this bill.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
    Springfield Armory, Inc.
    stefanyr@springfield-armory.com
    309-944-8994

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Disappointing, however many business do give $ to both parties just to hedge their bet.

There is a HUGE difference between donating to both parties and donating to politicians that threaten your industry's existence. There are several downstate Democrat politicians that are very pro gun. Donating to them would be no big deal. However it seems like SA and RRA (through their shell, the IFMA) donated to at least two EXTREMELY anti-gun (yet powerful) politicians. This would be like Planned Parenthood donating to Ted Cruz.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    This thread is the thread that just keeps on giving!

Wow!

What a bunch of back-stabbing-two-faced hypocritical (insert here).

They knew EXACTLY what they were doing to their OWN citizens.

"Sever all ties to the IFMA". They are IFMA.

Just WOW! They are so 'f'd I wonder if they even get it. :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom