• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    She wants "just over $75,000" ....
    Might be cheaper in the long run just to pay it and get it behind them.
    I bet this is what they do.

Of course, that's the plan all along. Shylock lawyer set the damages amount low enough so settlement becomes cheaper than Kroger's paying a defense team. If she sued for $5 million, Kroger would still try to get her to settle cheap or they would pay a defense team.

This way chances are increased for mom to get some money and for the lawyer to make next month's payment on his vacation home.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Isn't the policy unenforcable? The most Kroger can do is give an employee the policy book and say we don't allow firearms.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    Ok first off all of you who are saying she is seeking $75,000 are wrong the way filing this type of lawsuit works is damages in excess of $75,000 meaning they are looking for a whole lot more. But that does not change the fact that her sons actions caused his own death period end of story. Kroger will pay her to shut her up it's that simple

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I have already written to Kroger, expressing my strong disagreement as a loyal customer with their alleged settlement consideration. I urge others to do the same.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't think anyone should have been able to sue Kroegers even if an employee was playing with his gun and shot someone.
    You go after the guilty party, not the party with the most money.
    And I blame the court system for allowing that.
    And in this case.
    Kroeger didn't provide a safe environment?
    Shouldn't even go to court.
    Felt sorry for her before. That feeling has been replaced.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    It shouldn't ever get to court, Kroger's attornies should file a motion for summary judgement which any right thinking court should grant. Kroger should also move to be awarded legal expenses, maybe if that happened often enough we would be done with these ridiculous lawsuits.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Just a thought from the other side of the coin.

Ok, everyone is bashing mom. What if the suit wasn’t her idea? I was recently rear ended and I got 5 letters from attorneys wanting me to sue and no one was hurt. Now I am not bashing lawyers (both my sister andbrother in law are lawyers) but I am sure that this was brought on by lawyers looking to get a good paycheck , not for the benefit of the mother.

Mom lost her son to his own stupidity but she is theone that had to pay out of pocket for his funeral (I know that’s what she gets for raising a stupid son) so who wouldn’t try to recoup some of the money? After the attorney’s fees she might just break even. There is no way she will profit after paying for a funeral and lawyers. She may still owe.

I don’t think it’s a valid suit and I hope it doesn’t even get to court.

Swaying "No" is always an option and in the scenario you have described the right thing to do. I still hold her responsible for this travesty of justice.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Somebody should have told that little thug Jeremy that when you decide to play stupid games you might win stupid prizes.

It looks like the enjoyment of stupid games runs in the family.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It shouldn't ever get to court, Kroger's attornies should file a motion for summary judgement which any right thinking court should grant. Kroger should also move to be awarded legal expenses, maybe if that happened often enough we would be done with these ridiculous lawsuits.
    :yesway:
    From the pockets of the attorneys bringing the suit.

Top Bottom