• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Me, I wouldnt try to recoup my expenses by suing Kroger. If my son is a bone head, someone else should not have to foot the bill.

Just a thought from the other side of the coin.

Ok, everyone is bashing mom. What if the suit wasn’t her idea? I was recently rear ended and I got 5 letters from attorneys wanting me to sue and no one was hurt. Now I am not bashing lawyers (both my sister andbrother in law are lawyers) but I am sure that this was brought on by lawyers looking to get a good paycheck , not for the benefit of the mother.

Mom lost her son to his own stupidity but she is theone that had to pay out of pocket for his funeral (I know that’s what she gets for raising a stupid son) so who wouldn’t try to recoup some of the money? After the attorney’s fees she might just break even. There is no way she will profit after paying for a funeral and lawyers. She may still owe.

I don’t think it’s a valid suit and I hope it doesn’t even get to court.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If I owned Kroger I would spend a million dollars to fight a $75,000 lawsuit over principle and counter sue to boot.

The problem being, that Kroger is a public company.

Corporate officers have a responsibility to the shareholders....to include mitigating potential losses.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Levy Elliott should sue her for the price of the bullet and Kroger should sue her for the clean up of his spilled body matter and the money lost while the store was closed after the shooting.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I hope that INGOers noticed my comments on this lawsuit in the Star article. It's not often that I use the words "ridiculous" and "ludicrous" in the same paragraph.

Guy

bstone2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    west side of indianapolis
    my wifes friend had a father who worked at kroger on kentucky ave. he was shot dead in the parking lot after the robbery had taken place. he wasnt even aware that it had happened. if he had been armed maybe he would still be alive today.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    The lowball amount is probably just a gamble that Kroger will just settle rather than spend a load on a potential case keeping going for a while. Nothing out of the ordinary in everyday lawyering. Some lawyer figures he can pull a few easy thousands with a handful of letters.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The same kind of letter??

Maybe we should have a Letter writing campaign to Kroger's and let them know we support them and will continue to support them possibly in the Future...

Kind of like the letters that we wrote to Kroger when they were about to fire the Employee for being the shooter??

It is NOT right, but the mother of this thug (or Expired thug?)is going to get some $ in spite of what is right+what is wrong..Bill.

Top Bottom