• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not distaste per se I was just commenting on seeing a lot of fobus' with no retention for OC'ing. I have seen them break during training though but this was years ago perhaps they're better now.
    Yeah, I can see that. I don't care for the older ones with no adjustment screw. I'll only use the ones with that screw which can tighten it down enough to keep the gun in the holster. I'll Loctite that screw and adjust its tension where I want it and good to go.

I'm planning to try out a G-code holster this year when I can sneak the $ by the ole lady long enough to get one :):

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, I can see that. I don't care for the older ones with no adjustment screw. I'll only use the ones with that screw which can tighten it down enough to keep the gun in the holster. I'll Loctite that screw and adjust its tension where I want it and good to go.

I'm planning to try out a G-code holster this year when I can sneak the $ by the ole lady long enough to get one :):

I'm starting to hear more and more about them, my last time at Benning one of the shops around there stocked them but I didn't pay them much attention.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm starting to hear more and more about them, my last time at Benning one of the shops around there stocked them but I didn't pay them much attention.
    They're ok. I'm not saying they're the greatest but I definitely haven't had the problems with them that I see so many instructors bash them for.

There's a place I went to last year near Camp Pendleton that stocked VooDoo tactical gear. I wasn't impressed with their stuff, but I haven't beat any of into the dirt either. Most of it just seemed cheap to me.

The new Travis Haley INCOG is on my list to try out too. Of course, for my times of CC that is.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    OP misrepresents what Pincus said. Pincus said that carrying behind you without a retention holster is bad, and I agree. I wear Safariland SLS or Blackhawk CQC hoslters and wear at 3:00.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I agree that OCing WITHOUT a retention holster is bad juju...especially if is behind you. I've seen a couple of times, people OCing IWB in the small of their back and with NO retention :n00b:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I've seen a couple of times, people OCing IWB in the small of their back and with NO retention :n00b:

There is a picture floating around the interweb of an off-duty LEO doing just that, small of back, no retention. He's a known LEO here in Michigan.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    :55--one very clear example in Florida, that is easily available on the Internet.

Ummm, yeah:

1. Why not name the case?

2. Florida requires concealed carry (unless fishing).

2:02--should not carry as a political statement.

1. Should I not write letters to the editor because I can?
    2. Should I not go to church because I can?
    3. Should I not vote because I can?

3:25--should not challenge the government?

I can think of no better reason than to challenge the government. This is exactly why we have the Second Amendment.

4:10--a horse?

Good grief, now people on our side are making horse opera references?

BTW, concealed carry was considered dishonest and cowardly, that is why Indiana's first gun law was to ban concealed carry.
    What do you have against horses?

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Thanks to those of you discussing the points of the vid ( for or against) !!

Those who have theories about the need to beat Any deceased animals, etc, the vid was taped over a year ago and just recently came up in the PDN rotation.... Sorry to disappoint.

That said, yes, the trend of confrontational OC has subsided (thankfully!) over the last year, but it is still an important topic for our community, including all those new gun owners, to be aware of and discuss!

RJP

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anybody figure out what he's referencing in FL? He talks about it like its common knowledge, but I've been on vacation and haven't been keeping up with any news whatsoever.

Local, I know of two OC gun grabs and one CC gun grab among non-LEO armed citizens.

OC #1: Victim is OC-ing, 3 males approach him from different angles, one puts a "hard metal object" (either a firearm or a pipe simulating one), takes his pistol, and all 3 flee. I do not believe the victim was using a holster of any type.

OC #2: Victim is doing yard work then works on his car. Two suspects approach him, when he rolls out from under his car (on one of those mechanic dolly things) and have him at gun point. They take his gun from his IWB holster.

CC #1: Victim is selling a long gun to people he knows and has previously displayed his firearms too. While one suspect looks at the long gun, the second suspect reaches under the victim's shirt and steals his pistol out of his IWB holster.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Thanks...the vid was taped over a year ago... still an important topic for our community...

So, have you learned anything in the year since you created the video from the portion of the community who still prefers to carry openly despite some of the straw man arguments you presented to the contrary?

As long as we learn something from the discussion, it's not truly wasted effort.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I find Pincus' argument rather persuasive.

The OC objections posted by Kirk above are rather easily refuted/addressed and I'm pretty sure the CC folks would prefer someone do it more able than I.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, is Rob going to tell us about this famous case in Florida, where concealed carry is mandated?:dunno:

Can anyone tell us about this famous case from a state that mandates concealed carry?

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, is Rob going to tell us about this famous case in Florida, where concealed carry is mandated?:dunno:

Can anyone tell us about this famous case from a state that mandates concealed carry?

If I had to take a wild stab at it I'd say the Trayvon Martin case?
    At least one iteration of that story involves the deceased attempting to grab the holstered gun of Mr. Zimmerman.

Top Bottom