• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    From the tactics described in the OP (pulling up alongside, shouting and throwing things) you may want to put a couple of bricks under your seat while you wait on that LTCH.

Punisher270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for replying everybody! Yes, I realize staying out of problem areas is the first good defense, and situational awareness is everything. That being said, I have never thought of my friends area as a problem area. I have shot a more than a few 1911s, and only a few glocks and other D/A pistols, so I might be a bit biased, but I am familiar with the 1911 and feel pretty comfortable with it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Johenz, I'm not really interested in a glock, but I have read some about the RI 1911. For now, it's between that, Taurus pt1911, or maybe pt92 or used browning high power. I'm having a hard time deciding between .45 and 9mm. Thanks for the replies everybody!

I'm calling BS on this whole story but just to play along, either one would have gotton your names in the paper this morning. Probably on the meat list along with the puppy.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's more to this story than we are hearing from this one side. I guarantee it.

One word - Ninjas.

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a while, decided to finally register an account. Anyways, I have a somewhat long but interesting story that happened to me about a month ago that I'd like to share and get opinions on.
    I was driving a friends truck, with him in the passenger seat (he was wasted off his ass), a girl friend in the back behind me (women belong in the back seat after all), and another friend and his dog behind the front passenger. We were headed to a friends house near 71st and Michigan. Near 86th and Michigan, a white suv with 5 tvs and spinners pulls ahead of us in the left hand lane. Thought nothing of it, until a saki bottle seemingly gets kicked up by the suv. Little did I know, it was thrown, on purpose.
    White suv gets in my lane, about 25 yards in front of us, and a black suv with 2 Ninjas pulls up alongside me, and passenger starts talking to me. I cannot make out what he is saying because he is talking in Japanese being a ninja and all, but I know something is not right, and at the next light, I take a right. Black suv follows, and I take a left into neighborhood, and speed up to 40, to get away. Ninja driver of black suv speeds up to me as I'm going, I'm thinkin maybe I cut this guy off or sumthing or I have a death mark on me from the Yakuza.
    I exit the back of neighborhood with him on my tail, take a right. Ninja is right on my bumper using his cat claws to hold on :eek: , so I speed up to 60. About to call police, when white suv pulls out of an entrance to neighborhood on my right, 50 yards in front of me. My adreneline surges, I know this isn't good, I splay at a 45 degree angle yell "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME". I take a right where he exited. Black ninja laden suv trys to get alongside me, but there are cars parked on the street and I use that to my advantage, stoopid ninjas. The road curves ahead, and I can see ANOTHER NINJA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!!. I quickly veer to the right, thru somebodys yard, around the ninja and take a left, he launched an arrow into my buddy truck but it buffed out. Come back out on Michigan, hoping to allah there is a police officer on patrol. We r going at least 70, in the left hand lane. First black suv still following, white suv pulling up alongside my right hand side. All the windows are down, shurikens and sais are thrown at my friends truck as they close in.
    Im hoping, praying that one of them does not have a bow and arrow, as I have yet to obtain a ltch or handgun, and all longguns are back at home. When the driver pulls alongside, I see the suv is carrying 5 Ninja males, and 1 Ninja female (pretty sure it was a female... that particular ninja had on eyeliner and looked dead sexy.) They r yelling obsceneties (I think, don't speak japanese like I said B4) and throwing whatever they have on hand at the truck. They manage to throw in grappling hook, and friend in the passenger seat throws it right back in ninjas face (BOOHYAH) . I use this moment to take a left into the gas station nearest to me, and low and behold, there is an officer inside. The ninjas drive off when they see that. Officer gets into his car and leaves while I'm sitting in the truck in shock of what just happened. I have had a very close call before, but this just takes the cake; I'm getting my ltch, and handgun NOW, no more putting it off. My question is, if carrying, what would you have done?(besides call police, I had no time, my friends are dumbasses and could have but didn't, even though I told them to)

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    I won't speak to the situation the op was in other than to say that I too think there is something missing.

That said, I recommend that you go to a gun shop like Pop Guns where you can rent a pistol and try it out at their range. The most important thing is to get a weapon you are comfortable with and will enjoy practicing with.

I love the 1911 and the Rock Island Arms model is awesome for the price. But be warned that it isn't something you can throw on your hip and walk around like it isn't there. Especially if you are a bigger guy like I am. Even compact .45s take practice wearing. More so than smaller calibers.

And remember that you can always ask your questions here and get several different opinions.

Punisher270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Nothing more to the story than what I have already told. Take it or leave it. Yes I have a budget for carry gun, already have home defense shotgun. Mikeh82, I respect your view point, but in the middle of 3 cars chasing me, most likely coordinating with cell phones, I had to keep my head and eyes on the road. As I stated, I told my friends to call, but they did not. Kludge, I will defenitly look into some of the rugers as I've been eyeing them for a while but haven't had the chance to handle or shoot them.

runandgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    What if for some reason you could not call police?
    1. Phone not working
    2. SHTF city wide and none available
    3. Any number of other reasons

Don't depend on the police to bail you out. Be ready with a handgun, but all handguns have a problem. They suck. Even if you were armed with a handgun you were outnumber and dead if they wanted you to be.

If I lived and had to deal with bad areas like that I would keep an AK underfolder with a 30rd mag under the seat(plus extra mags) at all times in addition to a handgun.

That would be your only chance of survival if they had decided to shoot it out with you. It sure does suck that your friend has to drive around that area after this. I'm sure this gang is gonna be looking for that truck for quite a while

Punisher270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Very true runandgun, I honestly have given that ak some thought. I don't drive in that area on the regular, and it was my friends truck, so needless to say we are never going back in that area again in the same vehicle, if I ever go back at all.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    remember, that a car (especialy an SUV) is a large deadly missile that can and will kill you. hypotheticly if someone is chasing me down the road and trying to run me off of it (essentialy they are endangering my life) then no holes barred. i will try to use all means neccessary to stop the threat. no second thought about it. police arent going to stop the NOW, maybe they could have pulled the thugs over down the road and hassled them until they found some dope, but without seeing it for themselves then its your word against theirs and i dont think the police would do crap. they have to follow the law in all fairness.

also, did you go back and offer to fix the guys yard you trashed or at least try to give him your insurance info?? what was the address of said yard??
    good thing no kids or pedestrians were on the sidewalk, when you were playing crash car derby.

Punisher270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    E5RANGER375, no I have not gone back to the neighborhood to fix the yard(really more the grass between sidewalk and road) primarily because currently my car needs some work and won't drive, but also because I really have no idea which neighborhood/address it was at. As far as the kids and pedestrians go, it was around 9/ 9:30 at night and when I went over the grass, was only going about 15 or 20, so I saw no one was walking there at the time

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's a shame you couldn't get someone to call 911, but those things happen. Sounds to me like you need to practice evasive driving (some more) rather than getting a handgun, which would have probably gotten you into more trouble if you'd had one. Keep in mind, when you go to choose a handgun, that carrying one is different than shooting one on a range, and depending upon how much effort you are willing and able to put into training and practice, a simple-to-use firearm such as a revolver or a pistol without an external safety may suit your needs better than the 1911 you prefer. Also consider that a proper holster for the handgun and type of carry you intend is _at least_ as important to carrying as the handgun itself.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5RANGER375, no I have not gone back to the neighborhood to fix the yard(really more the grass between sidewalk and road) primarily because currently my car needs some work and won't drive, but also because I really have no idea which neighborhood/address it was at. As far as the kids and pedestrians go, it was around 9/ 9:30 at night and when I went over the grass, was only going about 15 or 20, so I saw no one was walking there at the time

oh, my bad, I thought you said you were going 70 :popcorn:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    oh, my bad, I thought you said you were going 70 :popcorn:

No No No.......

I pickup up some surveillance footage of the incident in question.
    He did not drive on the grass, he flew over the grass.

:twocents:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXobmgVnljg"]YouTube - knight rider turbo boost[/ame]

Top Bottom