• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    OP... Is there by some chance you didnt call police because you were also doing something illegal? I dont think I would call the cops on people that was trying to run me down to still my crack or heroin either. There has to be a ton of info your leaving out to validate this story.. Think about this for a second, you said one of your friends didnt call 911 because he/she was taking care of a puppy... ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Who the hell is going to believe that? Someones life is on the line and they are holding their puppy?? Get serious.. Also why are you driving your friends truck? Why isnt he/she driving it?

If this is a true story.. I would have to think you were involved in some illegal activity.. Those guys knew you had money or something else on you... There is just noway in hell that the police never get called.. Even if you call them 2 days after it happen to report this..

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OP... Is there by some chance you didnt call police because you were also doing something illegal? I dont think I would call the cops on people that was trying to run me down to still my crack or heroin either. There has to be a ton of info your leaving out to validate this story.. Think about this for a second, you said one of your friends didnt call 911 because he/she was taking care of a puppy... ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Who the hell is going to believe that? Someones life is on the line and they are holding their puppy?? Get serious.. Also why are you driving your friends truck? Why isnt he/she driving it?

If this is a true story.. I would have to think you were involved in some illegal activity.. Those guys knew you had money or something else on you... There is just noway in hell that the police never get called.. Even if you call them 2 days after it happen to report this..

Yakuza ninjas have infiltrated every level of government including the "police" you can never be sure who you are calling for "help". :twocents:

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    Nowadays, you can't predict what can happen to you at any time at home or in public. Maybe you should have called cops.
    I won't second guess your decision not to.
    A 1911 would be a good choice in my opinion.:yesway:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Sounds to me like one of two things:

1. A case of mistaken identity. They though you either owed them money, or had done something to one of them. When they found out you weren't who they thought you were the would probably have robbed you.

2. They didn't care who you were and were trying to get you off the road to rob you.

That said, in this situation, if your are armed or not, first instinct should be to dial 911.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    WOW! JUST WOW! AWESOME!

Do that again. What am I thinking right NOW!

There is almost no chance that I can do it again. I was just lucky the first time. I was trying to channel the OP but somehow got you ;-) incredible! LOL

If I may make another point - Is there anything wrong with just laying on the horn the entire time making the biggest disturbance possible to attract attention from all the home owners. Maybe someone will call the cops when they see what is happening.

I look out the window when I hear a car motor aoutside my house for more time than it takes to pass by. 4 cars racing around a neighborhood with one going through a yard and nobody in the hood calls the cops?

Lastly, I would have thrown that puppy at them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There is almost no chance that I can do it again. I was just lucky the first time. I was trying to channel the OP but somehow got you ;-) incredible! LOL

If I may make another point - Is there anything wrong with just laying on the horn the entire time making the biggest disturbance possible to attract attention from all the home owners. Maybe someone will call the cops when they see what is happening.

I look out the window when I hear a car motor aoutside my house for more time than it takes to pass by. 4 cars racing around a neighborhood with one going through a yard and nobody in the hood calls the cops?

snitches.jpg

No snitchin' in da hood - 4 realz yo.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

There's more to this story than we are hearing from this one side. I guarantee it.

i think you hit the nail on the head.

I'm calling BS on this whole story

One word - Ninjas.

I think most of us are just seeing through the BS.

OP... Is there by some chance you didnt call police because you were also doing something illegal

Wow, way to welcome a new person to INGO. I think some of you need to work on your people skills. At least we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt until PROVEN otherwise.

So, I am thinking we should be supporting our fellow INGO member as opposed to trying to throw the BS flag at every turn.

Yep.

police arent going to stop the NOW, maybe they could have pulled the thugs over down the road and hassled them until they found some dope, but without seeing it for themselves then its your word against theirs and i dont think the police would do crap. they have to follow the law in all fairness.

Actually the police would be using their so-called “discretion” if they refused to act on a report from 4 people that someone attempted to do them, at a minimum, bodily harm with a deadly weapon (SUV), not following the law.

They don’t have to see a felony happen to be able to arrest someone for it. They just have to have PC. Damage to the vehicle from things thrown & the lawn that was marked up by tire tracks could have at least been some evidence to support the OP’s & other vehicle occupant’s account.

I’m not saying they would have done anything but the law doesn’t require them not to. I guess it would be too difficult to prove to justify the time since no one was hurt.

OP, with the exception of calling the police, I'm not sure if there is anything you could have done differently. You avoided injury. Avoiding property damage was a big plus. You pulled into a public place when you could. A level head is more important than any gun.

As far as a first handgun I'll recommend a Springfield XD or a 1911 that will fit your budget. (I can't personally recommend a Rock Island because I don't have much experience with them.)

+1 One of the most helpful replies yet.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Not really seeing anything that could of justified you actually shooting any of your attackers though displaying a firearm could of changed the situation in either direction.

Far as the PT92 or 1911. Stay with the PT92 until you really get some range time in and learn to shoot. Plus you have 17 rounds mags you can buy for the pt92 and the mag still fits flush with the bottom of the gun. Don't have that option for a 1911

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow, way to welcome a new person to INGO. I think some of you need to work on your people skills. At least we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt until PROVEN otherwise.

isowwyibe128596658335058668.jpg

Ninja's made me do it.
    At least you should give me the benefit of the doubt until PROVEN otherwise that ninjas did not in fact make me do it.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

i did'nt join INGO to develope people skills. i use them when i need to, and this was'nt one of those times. if your looking for people to sit around the fire with and sing koombaya, im not your guy.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i did'nt join INGO to develope people skills. i use them when i need to, and this was'nt one of those times. if your looking for people to sit around the fire with and sing koombaya, im not your guy.

I'm interested but I need to hear your singing voice.
    I'll be waiting for and I expect a prompt response.
    Unless of course you can prove to me you can't sing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom