• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punisher270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Lol printcraft, you got it all wrong buddy. If I had the night rider, I would have been able to blade at 45 degrees UP into the air and fly off without incident(unless their damn grappling hook was still attached) all the while screaming "fo time"

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    E5RANGER375, no I have not gone back to the neighborhood to fix the yard(really more the grass between sidewalk and road) primarily because currently my car needs some work and won't drive, but also because I really have no idea which neighborhood/address it was at. As far as the kids and pedestrians go, it was around 9/ 9:30 at night and when I went over the grass, was only going about 15 or 20, so I saw no one was walking there at the time

I think you should take your $500 budget and get your car fixed.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    So you are being chased by 3 SUV's, some of which are throwing things at you. You ask your friends to call the police, and they don't? I'd get new friends. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    So, I am thinking we should be supporting our fellow INGO member as opposed to trying to throw the BS flag at every turn.

Punisher...good work sir on not getting dead or injured.

And...just about anything inside the 465, especially the central/eastern and central/western sides are trouble.

Someone also mentioned not calling the police was a mistake, and I agree to a point, but I can speak from experience with being chased by what is seemingly an overwhelming force, the best response is to stay focused on the road, keep your passengers calm, and try not to get cornered. Once you get clear, even reporting the 2 SUVs and the situation would be the ethical and moral decision.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So you are being chased by 3 SUV's, some of which are throwing things at you. You ask your friends to call the police, and they don't? I'd get new friends. :rolleyes: :laugh:
    ^^This.

As far as firearms choices go, since nobody else has said it, I will; the biggest firearm you'll always carry, with the largest quantity of cartridges which will deliver the most kinetic energy the most accurately (in your hands) to your intended target is the one you should get.

I'm a pretty big fella in an office environment, so I chose a 40s&w XDm with a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. It's with me all day every day. Right now, I'm trying to get used to carrying an extra mag in a Crossbreed IWB tuckable mag holster...but I don't quite yet have the discipline to do it daily. So, some days I only have 17 rounds, others I have 33 rounds.

Either way, even carrying something like I carry, your brain, friends, phone, and vehicle would be your most useful assets in such a situation as what you've described.

Use your brain to avoid bad areas & confrontations with unreasonable thugs. Be aware of your surroundings & you'll never be wondering whether you cut someone off or not. The mere fact that you're unsure tells me you were probably driving [strike]like a di[/strike]...discourteously. Use your friends to help you evade & seek assistance. Use a phone to relay all pertinent information to the police (during or after). Use your vehicle to keep you safe.

Unless you & your friends are prepared to hop out of the truck fully armed with at least carbines & have a good ol' showdown, avoidance & seeking assistance from the police are the only good ways out of such a situation. A piddly handgun isn't going to do anything for you...and no, you couldn't have hit their tires. :twocents:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Did this really happen?

You get chased by three suv's and no one in your car gets a license plate or calls the police? Then you pull into a station where there is a cop and one of the suv's are still chasing you - but you don't get the cops attention because your freaked out. Then the cop drives away and you don't drive after him to get his attention.

Is this possibly a dream sequence?

I'm not thinking that a gun is the correct use of your money. If your not willing to call the police or to wave them down when you see them are you really going to pull the trigger on someone? IF you won't reach for your phone why would you reach for your gun?

Sorry, but something doesn't sound straight up about this to me.

Punisher270

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks to everyone who has responded so far, and yes, I probably could have handled the situation a bit differently. I will defenitly take everything said into consideration if(hopefully not) I ever get into a similar circumstance, and use this experience as a lesson in life. I hope some of you have, by reading my post, thought about what you would do, because whether you believe my story or not, it can happen to you.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I don't think you guys are being reasonable. If this happened to me, I would panic so hard. I doubt this is a common experience, and most of us don't know what we would do in their shoes. I'm an Eagle Scout but I know the first time I saw a bear I magically forgot everything I knew about bears.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I don't think you guys are being reasonable. If this happened to me, I would panic so hard. I doubt this is a common experience, and most of us don't know what we would do in their shoes. I'm an Eagle Scout but I know the first time I saw a bear I magically forgot everything I knew about bears.

I don't think anyone is being unreasonable. I think most of us are just seeing through the BS. To bad we can't call Paul Harvey to get the rest of the story.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Punisher270,

We're a skeptical bunch around here sometimes. the part that's hardest to get by is NOT getting the cops attention once there was one near you.
    I reserve judgement but I'm skeptical like some of the others due to some aspects of the story.
    We should also rememebr a lot of us were skeptical of a Fort Wayne knife attack story until someone pulled it up online. I think he guy has even attended some GTG's afterwards. (think CRKT Saved my life).

Anyway welcome and as far as a handgun purchase the others have given you solid advice.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I wouldn't rule out anything the OP said as being untruthful off hand. I lived in an apartment off 86th and Michigan and you wouldn't believe the **** that goes on around there after dark. It has never happened to me personally but I've witnessed punks throwing stuff at cars and chasing people around for fun more than a few times. The most common past time around there for kids is vandalizing other peoples property.

OP just so you know for next time, there is a cop car in the driveway of Villages of Bent Tree apartment complex from 8pm till morning everyday.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Alright. First the situation at hand. I was in a similar situation a couple years ago with my cousin. The car started throwing stuff at us, we tried to evade. They eventually got in front of us and blocked the road (we were outside of the city) and we had to drive into a ditch and through a field to escape. While we were doing so, shots rang out. Well, they hit us with about 8 .22 rounds. They must have shot 15 or so though.

We didnt have a chance to call the cops till after, but we did call. The officers were thrilled that we were okay, and that we had a description of the car. They said that they would look for the car, and if they were ever able to find it, they may call us to verify it is the same people. We never heard anything more from them.

As for your weapon. Go the L-1 route for your permit. Get a lifetime. For a gun, get a large caliber revolver and some speed clips. They are cheap, and they will almost always fire. If you want a semi-auto, the 1911 is great, as are more GLOCKs. A good budget semi-auto would also be a Makarov. The ammo is cheap, the gun is cheap, its simple, and its reliable.

I want to note that you would NOT have been able to use a weapon up until they attacked your vehicle. Even then, I wouldnt have drawn. If they all had weapons, you would be dead.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    OP: If you cant do something as simple as call the cops while under pressure.. What makes you think you can use a gun under pressure?

DING DING DING

We have a winner.

You was baited, first thing you should have done was not turn off into anyplace you do not know, second thing you should have been screaming at anyone to call the police and tell then where YOU are at and direction you are heading, let them come to you and diffuse the situation.

Now I want you to stop and think, even if you had a gun, do you think that they was unarmed? Good chance all was packing and I don't consider that good odds in my favor.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Did this really happen?

You get chased by three suv's and no one in your car gets a license plate or calls the police? Then you pull into a station where there is a cop and one of the suv's are still chasing you - but you don't get the cops attention because your freaked out. Then the cop drives away and you don't drive after him to get his attention.

Is this possibly a dream sequence?

I'm not thinking that a gun is the correct use of your money. If your not willing to call the police or to wave them down when you see them are you really going to pull the trigger on someone? IF you won't reach for your phone why would you reach for your gun?

Sorry, but something doesn't sound straight up about this to me.

WOW! JUST WOW! AWESOME!

Do that again. What am I thinking right NOW!

Top Bottom