• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Ahh the smell of grilled steaks, smores, cold beer, and Hoppes: Smells like Victory.
    Bring on the election, we are all locked and loaded, all manned and ready.
    Anybody got some fireworks left from the 4th of July?
    Hmmm, never thought of using them for that.....I just thought everyone was supposed to keep them on hand for whatever/whenever. We use tracers and tannerite on INDEPENDENCE DAY ( I assume that's what you meant by "4th of July").

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I would not anticipate riots. I would expect payback in future. More flash mobs, etc. And you can depend on the media NOT to report it.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have been thinking about this and it worries me only because my wife works in an office that works on gubernment assistance, and its in a bad part of Louisville. I don't think any rioting/disturbances would be a problem to me, but I do worry about my wife.

I work over at the airport and my wife works in the East End. She should be okay, but I will still make sure she has her .38 when she leaves that morning. I will not be driving my little gas saver that day, I think the truck will be in order along with a carbine and hi-cap pistol.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I work over at the airport and my wife works in the East End. She should be okay, but I will still make sure she has her .38 when she leaves that morning. I will not be driving my little gas saver that day, I think the truck will be in order along with a carbine and hi-cap pistol.

Believe it or not, I'm actually considering giving my parents an additional rifle (5.56), handgun (.38), tossing them a spare BOB, and telling them to stock up on a few essentials this weekend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    We are planning to stay put.

As are we...unless you have a secure spot, it is crazy to leave....the roads will be dangerous...I have heard many say they have caches in the woods and national parks....one fire and then what do you do??? A large hungry desperate group would set fire to the woods just to see what they can flush out.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As are we...unless you have a secure spot, it is crazy to leave....the roads will be dangerous...I have heard many say they have caches in the woods and national parks....one fire and then what do you do??? A large hungry desperate group would set fire to the woods just to see what they can flush out.

:rofl:

Not quite, most of the peoples that would be prone to rioting are not going out into the wilds looking to destroy anything....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Not quite, most of the peoples that would be prone to rioting are not going out into the wilds looking to destroy anything....

Yeah, I'm kinda with you. I do think that staying away from roads that traditionally get a lot of traffic (ie Keystone, Meridian, 21st, 38th) is a good idea.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yeah, I'm kinda with you. I do think that staying away from roads that traditionally get a lot of traffic (ie Keystone, Meridian, 21st, 38th) is a good idea.

I'll give you that, but I'll go one farther. How about just staying out of the areas of town that are a little rougher to start with... ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

Maybe not in an inner city riot like I expect should Obama lose the election...but should something else happen where it is more wide spread...like a major long term trucking strike...where people cannot get food or gas...they are going to go looking for food. If you can't get food at your grocery store where next are you going to look...out in the country, they will look for places to fish, a place where they can shoot or trap small game...maybe farms or large gardens according to the time of the year....once they realize people are living in the woods...I would say it would be easier to take their food and supplies.When they realize they won't be easy to get I would guess the next step would be fire. I guess I got off track, with the riot post.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Maybe not in an inner city riot like I expect should Obama lose the election...but should something else happen where it is more wide spread...like a major long term trucking strike...where people cannot get food or gas...they are going to go looking for food. If you can't get food at your grocery store where next are you going to look...out in the country, they will look for places to fish, a place where they can shoot or trap small game...maybe farms or large gardens according to the time of the year....once they realize people are living in the woods...I would say it would be easier to take their food and supplies.When they realize they won't be easy to get I would guess the next step would be fire. I guess I got off track, with the riot post.
    A trucking strike cannot and will not ever happen. They've been testing the waters with mexican carriers for quite a while now not to mention all the pakis that canaduh has been running down here. We can't even get American drivers to agree on anything hence cheap freight....a trucking strike would be the last nail in the coffin for Owner Operators and independent contractors.Too many people worried about number one.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Evidently you do not ...

.... do Greek much. I transliterated (you can look that up.) " β " is the Greek sound of the 2d letter of the Greek alphabet: "veh" which rhymes with "meh." EBG
    Kind of lost me as well........Molon Lave..... English man, English.

Use the spell check on Molon.....interesting response.

Top Bottom