• ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    OCD on =
    I like looking at pictures of guns to see what is out there. But I do not like pictures of black guns where the background is full of shadows, what is gun, what is not? I don't like pictures of things where the background is cluttered, such as an old wood pile with a piece of gutter next to a barn with overgrown weeds and a dead squirrel. Or a gun with a beautiful wood stock laying on a wood chair (different type of wood) in front of a cluttered wood desk.

A monochrome background with plenty of light and the gun in sharp focus can make a world of difference. I know it takes effort to do this, but this is your pride and joy you are photographing. The picture should be worth framing!
    = OCD off.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I will definitely be keeping a much closer eye on them. I did a quick search last night and found that most reviews included good accuracy but slightly heavy.
    Thank you!!

They are really a good value for the money they normally command. I don't consider either of mine to be heavy(one is even a full stock model) but it really depends on your frame of reference. Compared to a Ruger 77/22 or typical heavy barreled 10/22, the Mossbergs are as light as a feather. Compared to Ruger American (or similar rifle) with a standard barrel profile I could see where they would seem heavy. To me the Mossbergs feel/handle more like a centerfire rifle though not nearly to the same extent as a 77/22 does if that makes any sense.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So, what shoots better as a fun all around pinker? The rugers, bm, victories...etc?

It’s really down to preference, which is kind of a sucky answer.

In the general plinker area you have (for the major players at least):
    -Ruger Target frame - aluminum or steel, Luger grip
    -Ruger 22/45 frame - polymer frame, 1911 grip
    -Buckmarks - aluminum frame, feels likes it is between the Luger and the 1911
    -S&W Victory - polymer frame, memory says it’s closer to a 1911 grip
    -Beretta Neos - space age looks, Luger grip style

My preference falls to the Luger grip style of the Ruger Mk Target frames. That’s just the most comfortable for me. And I like the aftermarket support that Ruger has.

I will say that the Buckmark with a 4” TacSol barrel may be the best balanced 22 pistol I’ve come across yet. The weight is all in your palm and you don’t feel the barrel.

The Victory is the I have mixed feelings for. I didn’t love it in stock form, the polymer lower and heavy steel barrel make it nose heavy from the factory, but other shave shared the aftermarket barrels correct that. I need to get with someone that has one built up and give it a try again.

I also get to be the odd one on this. I have no attraction to the S&W 41. I had one from the 80s. It shot great, but absolutely no attachment to it and it’s one of the few I regret buying.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    OCD on =
    I like looking at pictures of guns to see what is out there. But I do not like pictures of black guns where the background is full of shadows, what is gun, what is not? I don't like pictures of things where the background is cluttered, such as an old wood pile with a piece of gutter next to a barn with overgrown weeds and a dead squirrel. Or a gun with a beautiful wood stock laying on a wood chair (different type of wood) in front of a cluttered wood desk.

A monochrome background with plenty of light and the gun in sharp focus can make a world of difference. I know it takes effort to do this, but this is your pride and joy you are photographing. The picture should be worth framing!
    = OCD off.

Some like guns, some like photography. some like both.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It’s really down to preference, which is kind of a sucky answer.

In the general plinker area you have (for the major players at least):
    -Ruger Target frame - aluminum or steel, Luger grip
    -Ruger 22/45 frame - polymer frame, 1911 grip
    -Buckmarks - aluminum frame, feels likes it is between the Luger and the 1911
    -S&W Victory - polymer frame, memory says it’s closer to a 1911 grip
    -Beretta Neos - space age looks, Luger grip style

My preference falls to the Luger grip style of the Ruger Mk Target frames. That’s just the most comfortable for me. And I like the aftermarket support that Ruger has.

I will say that the Buckmark with a 4” TacSol barrel may be the best balanced 22 pistol I’ve come across yet. The weight is all in your palm and you don’t feel the barrel.

The Victory is the I have mixed feelings for. I didn’t love it in stock form, the polymer lower and heavy steel barrel make it nose heavy from the factory, but other shave shared the aftermarket barrels correct that. I need to get with someone that has one built up and give it a try again.

I also get to be the odd one on this. I have no attraction to the S&W 41. I had one from the 80s. It shot great, but absolutely no attachment to it and it’s one of the few I regret buying.

Kind of what I figured. I've only ever shot my mk3 standard+ mrds. I do love it. I also want one of each. Lol maybe if I'm good I might be allowed to keep some of my tax return. I would forsee a sweet 10/22 and a headstart on a 22 pistol..

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Kind of what I figured. I've only ever shot my mk3 standard+ mrds. I do love it. I also want one of each. Lol maybe if I'm good I might be allowed to keep some of my tax return. I would forsee a sweet 10/22 and a headstart on a 22 pistol..

If you want one with a decent factory trigger, and limited urge to upgrade, the Buckmark is hard to beat. Lots of variations made from the factory as well.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You really think talking to you guys, I'm going to keep it stock?

Perks to the Buckmark for that, barrels and trigger shoe cover most of the available upgrades. And having spent the money on a Victory trigger for the wife, I don’t think I’d spend the money in that again (all of my 22 pistols use the TK Victory trigger).

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Perks to the Buckmark for that, barrels and trigger shoe cover most of the available upgrades. And having spent the money on a Victory trigger for the wife, I don’t think I’d spend the money in that again (all of my 22 pistols use the TK Victory trigger).

Looking and plotting as we speak. I think I'll pull a doddg and over analyze this in my head. Lol

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    OCD on =

= OCD off.
    My pride and joy are not wasted on firearms. Those are saved for my children. Picture should tell a story. A tool in use. You will probably spend a lot of time disappointed in this thread.

Why torture yourself?

lexis2413

Mrs. Turbo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    We are like cousins ! Buckmark love. :wwub:

i-s7KVMjp-XL.jpg

Yes!!! They’ll be even closer when I get a comp for mine :woot:

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I'm not sure of their usefulness, but they certainly look cool ! :D
    The TK that "Turbo" had on his 22/45 was noticable compared to the generic brake/comp on mine. Neither had much recoil or barrel flip, but with his, you could run it just that much quicker.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The TK that "Turbo" had on his 22/45 was noticable compared to the generic brake/comp on mine. Neither had much recoil or barrel flip, but with his, you could run it just that much quicker.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Turbo knows his stuff ! :yesway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    TacSol’s version is more like flash hider than a true comp. The TK Game Cannger Pro works really well actually, particularly on something like a 22/45 where the whole pistol is particularly lightweight.
    I understand. With the TacSol, the holes are distributed evenly around the circumference. That's OK.....I still think that it looks cool ! :)

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'd consider myself one of Aeroflyer's closer friend's, and although I have since moved back to lovely New England, I'll post some the purchases he's influenced as time permits...

He knows he's blamed for a decent amount of the money spent on rimfires...

Wait, there's 2 of us out here?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I understand. With the TacSol, the holes are distributed evenly around the circumference. That's OK.....I still think that it looks cool ! :)

Different strokes! We’ll most likely do a TacSol one for hers, the “look” is right. I did the TK one because I pretended I would try a competition of some sorts with it.

Top Bottom