• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Some of mine.
    OZMCLn8.jpg

L to R Ruger American .22lr compact w/Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 rimfire scope, Ruger American .22 mag fullsize w/Leupold VXII 3-9x40 scope parallax adjusted to 75 yards, Ruger American .22lr fullsize w/Leupold VXI parallax adjusted to 40 yards in pic,currently has a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 w/AO.
    dqERyue.jpg

Ruger 10/22 Tiger stock. Don't remember what scope is on it, probably the Leupold I took my RAR fullsize.

Currently saving my pennies for a Tikka T1x in 22lr.

lexis2413

Mrs. Turbo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Indianapolis
    1j0IODU.jpg

Here's our newest .22, but this one is definitely all mine! A Browning Buckmark with a bright purple TacSol Trail Lite barrel that Mr. Turbo put together for me :D

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I will definitely be keeping a much closer eye on them. I did a quick search last night and found that most reviews included good accuracy but slightly heavy.
    Thank you!!
    Sorry! The example I have shoots great, but I'll echo the above. It is a bit heavy if shooting off hand for a while.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    So, what shoots better as a fun all around pinker? The rugers, bm, victories...etc?

I don't own a Buckmark but do have a couple Ruger MKII's and a tricked out Victory. After installing a Tandemkross trigger on the Victory it's a toss up between it and a MKII target. The MKII with a short tapered barrel shoots well but the balance doesn't feel as good to me. I have a Volquartsen barrel on the Victory also but that didn't make much difference to me. If you want one just get the TK trigger. The best shooters are an older S&W 41 and a S&W 17 revolver but don't know if I'd consider those plinkers.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I don't own a Buckmark but do have a couple Ruger MKII's and a tricked out Victory. After installing a Tandemkross trigger on the Victory it's a toss up between it and a MKII target. The MKII with a short tapered barrel shoots well but the balance doesn't feel as good to me. I have a Volquartsen barrel on the Victory also but that didn't make much difference to me. If you want one just get the TK trigger. The best shooters are an older S&W 41 and a S&W 17 revolver but don't know if I'd consider those plinkers.

Yea, I would love a s&w 41... but $$$

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    I only have a Ruger 10/22 for my rimfire. I'm mainly a centerfire big-bore guy. But there's something fun about being able to blast tons of rounds of cheap .22LR downrange and never make a dent in my wallet!! I use Ruger BX25x2's as my go-to magazines so I can shootshootshoot without having to reload as often, and a Butler Creek magazine speedloader when I'm out.

I'm impressed, though, by the lengths that some of you guys have gone to, modifying and customizing your 22's!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's my collection. All stock, mostly old. Used to have a Mossberg Plinkster and a Savage Mk II, but sold them some time ago.

Browning Buckmark (my only 22 pistol).
    hg8X6xW.jpg

Remington Model 24.
    27dY40Q.jpg

Remingtion Model 12.
    FQFpvsK.jpg

Mossberg 46B.
    Pi9v6mB.jpg

High Standard Sport King. ("Gill gun" or "click-clack" rifle - bolt stays open until you release the trigger after firing)
    Nl98wPy.jpg

Polish WZ-48 Trainer. This one gets some looks at the range because it looks so much like a Mosin and people aren't expecting the "pop" of a .22 when I shoot it. :): Trigger is nice, but kind of odd. It doesn't really "break". It's just a smooth pull and the gun fires about halfway back. Hard to explain, but it's really kinda nice since you're not really expecting it - helps with any flinching. This one is a single shot. Majorly over-engineered. I would guess that the receiver could probably stand up to 300 WM or even 458 WM.
    6uo2O6Q.jpg

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So, what shoots better as a fun all around pinker? The rugers, bm, victories...etc?

I vote Victory. It's what got me into 22's. You can find them around $300, which is quite a bit cheaper than the Mark IV series Rugers. I think the trigger is better out of the box and it has nice, bright F/O sights. I think it's a better gun stock than the Rugers. Not quite as easy to break down as the Mark IV series, but it's very close.

Top Bottom