• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll have to try shooting lolly pops. One thing to try that's a lot harder than I thought was shooting standard size (just under 2") army men. I bought a bucket of them online for about $5. They are a lot of fun to try and hit at distance.

z0uL4pR.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Had my Tikka T1x out a little today between showers. Didn't want to drag out the bench either so just laid a couple bags on the roof of the car. Anyway, here's what she did, and considering the conditions I'm very happy! All groups shot at 50 yds. Ignore any stray holes, I replaced the clamp on rings with Weaver bases and rings. Sight in took 4 shots and now the scope is much closer to optical center!
    5 rounds Aguila SE standard velocity, about 3/8"
    8LpfgyG.jpg

10 shots of the same. A little crappy but I also had to set back up the box the target was on twice because of the wind. A little under 3/4"
    k2TRmxn.jpg

5 rounds of Geco semi auto. About 1/4"!
    cvdH7VR.jpg

10 of the Geco. I like this stuff! About 7/16"
    t4Y3Sd1.jpg

Guess I ought to show the rifle, too! Tikka T1x, Hawke Vantage 4-12 w/AO. Don't care much for the 10 round mag sticking out the bottom so far but its behind the balance point so doesn't affect carrying. Need to get some decent target grade ammo and see how much of a differncethat makes. Previous to today all I'd shot has been CCI SV, got groups about like the Geco. Total rounds fired so far is maybe 75.
    CZyjdC2.jpg

f4zelaf.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Back when I shot BR-50,NBRSA and later ARA rimfire competetion I spent a lot of nights weighing Tenex ammo.Out of a brick(500 rounds) I would invariably have 15-20 rounds that were way off the scale+/-. I would use these for warm up rounds.Thing is, they would always shoot just as good as my sorted ammo...

I wonder if it's more beneficial for cheaper priced non-match ammo?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had my Tikka T1x out a little today between showers. Didn't want to drag out the bench either so just laid a couple bags on the roof of the car. Anyway, here's what she did, and considering the conditions I'm very happy! All groups shot at 50 yds. Ignore any stray holes, I replaced the clamp on rings with Weaver bases and rings. Sight in took 4 shots and now the scope is much closer to optical center!
    5 rounds Aguila SE standard velocity, about 3/8"
    8LpfgyG.jpg

10 shots of the same. A little crappy but I also had to set back up the box the target was on twice because of the wind. A little under 3/4"
    k2TRmxn.jpg

5 rounds of Geco semi auto. About 1/4"!
    cvdH7VR.jpg

10 of the Geco. I like this stuff! About 7/16"
    t4Y3Sd1.jpg

Guess I ought to show the rifle, too! Tikka T1x, Hawke Vantage 4-12 w/AO. Don't care much for the 10 round mag sticking out the bottom so far but its behind the balance point so doesn't affect carrying. Need to get some decent target grade ammo and see how much of a differncethat makes. Previous to today all I'd shot has been CCI SV, got groups about like the Geco. Total rounds fired so far is maybe 75.
    CZyjdC2.jpg

f4zelaf.jpg

Very good shooting. I used to have some Geco around and remember it being accurate stuff.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I'll have to try shooting lolly pops. One thing to try that's a lot harder than I thought was shooting standard size (just under 2") army men. I bought a bucket of them online for about $5. They are a lot of fun to try and hit at distance.

z0uL4pR.jpg
    I like this idea! I use to buy old barbie dolls at yard sales and stick them behind trees with just some them sticking out. Lots of fun but people were questioning my sanity. (evidently it offends the snowflakes, go figure).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Our support groups are going to need a gynasium to house everyone. Or perhaps we just make our own sanctuary city. Would need a clever name to deter outsiders.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Okay, here we go. 25 yards with CCI SV:

4qBejXlh.jpg

qWCedWwh.jpg

QkaoVRah.jpg

Best two groups were .241 and .239 center to center. Not quite quarter inch groups, but close. If I go edge to edge and subtract .22 I get .223 and .225 :cool:

Part 1 of a very wet accuracy test today.

Henry Golden Boy that I recently upgraded the front brass bead sight with a smaller (0.060" dia) red fiber optic sight from Williams. 50 yards with the usual front rest (Caldwell Rock Jr) / rear leather sand filled bag combo.

Despite how small the bead is on the new sight, it still covers a 3" target at 50 yards, actually it's a tad larger. I was honestly kinda disappointed about that and still struggled with irons once again on this rifle. Better than factory, but not to my liking and my eyes got real tired of playing the focus game today.

Here are the 3 best groups with CCI SV in #1 with a 2.454" group, so about 5moa. Aguila SV shot 2.570" and Wolf Match Target shot 2.637". Not horrible considering it's basically a 3moa front sight, but I'll need to decide the future of this rifle. I like the traditional lines of an iron sighted lever action, but my eyes aren't doing well with irons anymore and I have a serious desire for accuracy these days. Maybe I'll do some scope research and see if there's something out there that would look good and not break the bank. Or not, I've got other stuff to shoot also, this could just stay a plinker perhaps.

attachment.php

Thanks for sharing. It is really fun hearing of what you're shooting and parts being replaced and how it shows up on paper!
    Continue the saga! :thumbsup:
    And, my comments about the shooting: :wow:

Top Bottom