• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I think those two get their inspiration for color schemes from the popsicle section at the grocery store. :):

But seriously though, really cool looking guns that the Turbos put together.

We buy ice cream to match.

84652269822f37b868e30008d8e0cbfb.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    On another note. I shot the RPR today with and without the thread protector as a test. It shot worse without the thread protector installed, not like super crazy worse, but the groups opened up a little. I saw some buzz about it on some other sites and wanted to test it myself.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    On another note. I shot the RPR today with and without the thread protector as a test. It shot worse without the thread protector installed, not like super crazy worse, but the groups opened up a little. I saw some buzz about it on some other sites and wanted to test it myself.

First and only time out so far, I figured the thread protector would come loose so I had an o-ring with me.

It did shoot loose and the first group after adding the o-ring opened up an inch! After that it went right back to tighter groups...must have been the shooter.:)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    First and only time out so far, I figured the thread protector would come loose so I had an o-ring with me.

It did shoot loose and the first group after adding the o-ring opened up an inch! After that it went right back to tighter groups...must have been the shooter.:)
    I've been lucky in that mine stays on just fine. I thought about getting a muzzle device for it, but have no real reason to other than aesthetics.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    On second thought, sorting out .22 ammo by rim thickness and weight does not sound like fun to me at all. I think I'll just pass on that whole idea. Now onto the next one. :D

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Seeing Mcapo’s rifle made me think about how far the Mrs. Turbo's rifle has come.

Right after it came home, lots of blue:
    05527Ft.jpg

Current state, just a splash of blue now:
    1azBWC0.jpg

Nc639St.jpg

It was a factory built TacSol X-Ring, came home with a Hawke 3-9 on it. Now it's a TacSol X-Ring receiver, Kidd barrel, Kidd two stage trigger, Victor Titan stock and my Vortex Razor scope. One piece of the original rifle remains. This was never the plan and then the stock changed and the rest just cascaded from there. Signs of the Madness.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    In stark contrast to the precision rifles... Gratuitous pics of the lastest acquisition. Have a set of Hogue Monogrips on the way, at which point I'll be $170 in the gun. Planning on throwing a bit of paint on the front blade, and should make for a fun plinker.
    790ed9f0c83dbfe9e2f235faecea9cb0.jpg
    3cbc88a8a3bb7a6f0dc415b9fbbb77fc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In stark contrast to the precision rifles... Gratuitous pics of the lastest acquisition. Have a set of Hogue Monogrips on the way, at which point I'll be $170 in the gun. Planning on throwing a bit of paint on the front blade, and should make for a fun plinker.
    790ed9f0c83dbfe9e2f235faecea9cb0.jpg
    3cbc88a8a3bb7a6f0dc415b9fbbb77fc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ah, yes! I love all the variety and different "flavors" of everything I see here.
    I have pursued many different guns like a child in a candy store: buying, shooting, selling and starting over again.
    I have learned some of what I don't care for, and some of what I really enjoy, sometimes coming full circle with guns that I had 2 yrs. ago when I began this journey.
    I have learned much, and it is the people here that make it so enjoyable. :ingo:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ordered a couple of Volquartsen extractors for the M&P 15-22 rifles. First gen rifle has issues every so often, second gen sport model has been having them frequently since day one, with the main issue being stovepiping. I'm just over 500 rounds with the rifle now and I'd bet I've had around 10-15 stovepipes.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Ordered a couple of Volquartsen extractors for the M&P 15-22 rifles. First gen rifle has issues every so often, second gen sport model has been having them frequently since day one, with the main issue being stovepiping. I'm just over 500 rounds with the rifle now and I'd bet I've had around 10-15 stovepipes.

Good luck, hope that helps.
    I haven't shot mine a whole lot and haven't had many problems. Had it out more lately though and getting to like the feel of it. Good shooter too!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good luck, hope that helps.
    I haven't shot mine a whole lot and haven't had many problems. Had it out more lately though and getting to like the feel of it. Good shooter too!

I bought the first gen used a few years ago and I've got almost 6k rounds thru it with less failures than the sport model in 500 rds.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    I bought the first gen used a few years ago and I've got almost 6k rounds thru it with less failures than the sport model in 500 rds.

Interesting. Maybe they got it right the first time. Mine's gen 1 too. Have a riser coming Monday for the red dot, then I'll start shooting it more. Been working with it some to see how it will do in steel challenge, and it looks pretty good.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Interesting, I have had no issues with mine extracting at all, even with shooting almost entirely bulk pack Golden Bullet, and Federal. I have read in the past that some folks have issue with extraction/ejection and I think the answer has been to bend the ejector a bit, and there are videos, etc of it. Replacing it should obviously do the trick as well.

Be interested in your results.

Edited to add video of bending the ejector to correct some ejection issues folks have with the 15-22:

[video=youtube_share;wO76HC9tD4g]https://youtu.be/wO76HC9tD4g[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom