• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    2 weeks of Spring Break over. Back to work: 10 weeks till retirement! :rockwoot:
    1st week, I bought a couple of CZs, and had to vet them, and even made it to MCFG for some safety training and steel shooting, thanks to hps. :thumbsup:
    2nd week dedicated to getting back to some .22LR love.
    I shot nearly all of them, and enjoyed each.
    I have too many rimfires, and I sold 3 of them this past week to narrow the field of keepers: Beretta M9-22, GSG 1911-22 & a S/W 22A.
    The 22A really hurt to part with, it was really accurate, and I've owned 3 of them I like them so much.
    There is one is our Classifieds now that I like the looks of: addiction is a hard thing to fight. :laugh:
    Now down to the really, really tough choices of keepers and trimmers: Ruger Mark 4 Target, Smith Victory & 41, Browning Buckmark Hunter & Colt Target, all but one bought here from members.

Sounds like a good couple of weeks. Bet you're counting the days to retirement! :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a good couple of weeks. Bet you're counting the days to retirement! :yesway:

'Morning WT!
    The 10 weeks are 49 days since Memorial Day is the only day off we get in the last Quarter.
    I will just keep it to counting weeks until around 20 days before I transition to days!
    Exciting and frightening all at the same time: since I'm a self-confessed worrier. :dunno:
    Like most men, work has defined my life/time too much.
    Well, got to get ready for work: after 2 weeks it's always "catch-up."

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    'Morning WT!
    The 10 weeks are 49 days since Memorial Day is the only day off we get in the last Quarter.
    I will just keep it to counting weeks until around 20 days before I transition to days!
    Exciting and frightening all at the same time: since I'm a self-confessed worrier. :dunno:
    Like most men, work has defined my life/time too much.
    Well, got to get ready for work: after 2 weeks it's always "catch-up."

I understand, I was out for 2 days at the end of last week and I'll be buried today. Have a good one.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Mr. Turbo called this evening, saying that my MKIII 22/45 lower is ready (well minus testing...). Turns out something eluded the great master of rimfires. The mainspring on the 22/45s is drastically different than the traditional frames. In keeping with both of us, we completely overlooked/forgot that fact.

In other news, I'm having a tough time not taking home another .22 rifle. Marlin Glenfield Model 60 (full rifle length) in good, not perfect shape, with a cheap optic for $85. I might have to stop tomorrow.

The Trading Post also has a MKIII 22/45 Lite for $225, and a Magnum Research Mountain Eagle for $195 if anyone was looking. You'd have to pay shipping and FFL, since they are out here in Maine, but thought I'd pass those two gems along.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Mr. Turbo called this evening, saying that my MKIII 22/45 lower is ready (well minus testing...). Turns out something eluded the great master of rimfires. The mainspring on the 22/45s is drastically different than the traditional frames. In keeping with both of us, we completely overlooked/forgot that fact.

In other news, I'm having a tough time not taking home another .22 rifle. Marlin Glenfield Model 60 (full rifle length) in good, not perfect shape, with a cheap optic for $85. I might have to stop tomorrow.

The Trading Post also has a MKIII 22/45 Lite for $225, and a Magnum Research Mountain Eagle for $195 if anyone was looking. You'd have to pay shipping and FFL, since they are out here in Maine, but thought I'd pass those two gems along.

That's a good price on the MKiii lite. But but the time you ad shipping and the transfer fee, you close to the price of a new one.

I noticed you're in Maine. Ever heard of the Handgun Radio Podcast? Ryan Michad runs it and he's in Maine.

https://www.youtube.com/user/michadsshootingbench

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    That's a good price on the MKiii lite. But but the time you ad shipping and the transfer fee, you close to the price of a new one.

I noticed you're in Maine. Ever heard of the Handgun Radio Podcast? Ryan Mechad runs it and he's in Maine.
    Very true, believe shipping runs $35 or so from there, plus whatever transfer fee. I was tempted, but seeing as how I already own one, had to walk away.

I haven't, but I'll have to check it out!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

The difference in the mainspring isn’t something I ever looked at or considered to be different. Even when I had my 22/45, never noticed it was different. It makes sense it’s different, totally different grip frames and all.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    The difference in the mainspring isn’t something I ever looked at or considered to be different. Even when I had my 22/45, never noticed it was different. It makes sense it’s different, totally different grip frames and all.
    It may have been too obvious for us to realize. Completely different things will be different.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Looking at the Ruger Mark IV pistols, how do you decide between so many? I'd like to get something that isn't too expensive and that I can have fun with and upgrade.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For the MkIV line, this should help narrow things down.

What material do you want the frame to be made out of?
    The Luger style frame comes in stainless steel or aluminum. The 22/45 (1911 grip) frame is polymer.

How important it weight for you?
    Options range from 25oz (22/45 Lite) to 46oz (Competition).

What features are important?
    Sights, threaded barrel, barrel length, rails, etc.

Personally, I went with the Competition model because I wanted the slab side barrel and the grips.

But my go to answer for the best starting point if the MkIV is is the basic Target model #40101. It’s a middle of the road for weight, has real target sights and has the heavy barrel.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Yes, there are so many kinds. I think that trying different ones will help. I'll just bring some .22 ammo with me, but the the problem is that I know each one that I try I'm going to like. LOL

Top Bottom