• MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I blame you Turbo! :)

I used the afternoon to dial in a couple scopes on the .22s. Ran about 150 rounds through them from 25 yards. This is probably the most .22 ammo I've gone through in the past 20 years.

Now you're ready for the big .22 shoot-off at the SGE ! We're gonna have that challenge, aren't we ? :D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Here's my .22 shelf. Needs more!

GQfoBOzh.jpg

BTW, anyone looking for a good deal on SK Standard Plus should check out TargetSportsUSA. They just got a new shipment in.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Awesome use of your day KJ. I have a 4 day weekend and I'm hoping to get to MCF&G to shoot Annie at least once while I'm off! :yesway:

I’ve got several rifles that need to be shot.

The TacSol needs to have the new stock broken in. The 457 needs to be broken in. And I found a Savage-Annie 10B that I still haven’t shot.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I blame you Turbo! :)

I used the afternoon to dial in a couple scopes on the .22s. Ran about 150 rounds through them from 25 yards. This is probably the most .22 ammo I've gone through in the past 20 years.

2C797846-FDAC-49C0-B707-C05F9A23AADC_zpsubh9l2dq.jpg

8506E8EC-1D9D-4F1B-B9A4-F9216032E03B_zpsumdaousw.jpg

355CD868-B3EB-49A2-8FB0-817C9B700A37_zps16fj5ryt.jpg

That's 25 yards with the B.M.?! :patriot:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Notice that I had to color in the circle a little. It has a 2X Leupold, but that's just not enough for my old eyes. The Winchester has a 4X, and the Remington has 4-12.

I had myself figured for a decent shot, but not that decent. I like the shoot'n'c bullseyes on the cheap white targets from r.k. it's the only way I can see past 7yds without magnification.

How does the weight balance out on the b.m. with the s ope?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I had myself figured for a decent shot, but not that decent. I like the shoot'n'c bullseyes on the cheap white targets from r.k. it's the only way I can see past 7yds without magnification.

How does the weight balance out on the b.m. with the s ope?

Its a 10" bull barrel, it's just heavy. From a rest, it can almost keep up with a rifle.

Those targets were manila paper and tracing a 27mm deep well socket. Makes a nice 1 1/2" circle. That's cheap!
    I just wanted to get the scopes somewhat close. I had test fired all three guns in the past month, and I knew they were off.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There's a CMP rimfire sporter match down in Bedford this weekend. A nice, laid back, get your feet wet in some competition type of event. Not saying it'll be an easy match win if Rayne shows up. She will crush you. She's lucky I have a cold & may not be able to shoot. :):

Simple 22LR rifle rules -
    -no lighter than a 3# trigger
    -gun total weight no heavier than 7.5#
    -If a rifle has an adjustable magnification scope, the magnification adjustment ring must be taped down so it's not adjustable during the match (pick any mag you like <6x, ~4x works really well for these events)
    -Irons are fine but rear peep sights are considered "Telescopic" class.
    -Stocks with a near vertical sloping grip will be in "Tactical" class.
    -no thumbhole stocks allowed

Info from Bedford's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bedfordcontingent/

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There's a CMP rimfire sporter match down in Bedford this weekend. A nice, laid back, get your feet wet in some competition type of event. Not saying it'll be an easy match win if Rayne shows up. She will crush you. She's lucky I have a cold & may not be able to shoot. :):

Simple 22LR rifle rules -
    -no lighter than a 3# trigger
    -gun total weight no heavier than 7.5#
    -If a rifle has an adjustable magnification scope, the magnification adjustment ring must be taped down so it's not adjustable during the match (pick any mag you like <6x, ~4x works really well for these events)
    -Irons are fine but rear peep sights are considered "Telescopic" class.
    -Stocks with a near vertical sloping grip will be in "Tactical" class.
    -no thumbhole stocks allowed

Info from Bedford's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bedfordcontingent/

That would be fun! Sadly that first rule removes just about all of my rifle. :laugh:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That trigger pull weight limit rule is kind of a pain, I'll agree. Just about any aftermarket 10/22 part, be it just a VQ hammer or a Ruger BX pack will not meet spec. I only have two guns that can qualify. A bolt action Browning and a custom 10/22 with a Kidd 3.25# trigger.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That trigger pull weight limit rule is kind of a pain, I'll agree. Just about any aftermarket 10/22 part, be it just a VQ hammer or a Ruger BX pack will not meet spec. I only have two guns that can qualify. A bolt action Browning and a custom 10/22 with a Kidd 3.25# trigger.

It what it is. Mine are tuned for my enjoyment over pretty much anything else, completion rules never were considered. My pistols have that issue as well.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was able to run about 60 rounds through my new M&P today. First few shots were WWAAYYY to high. I'm talking about 8" at ten yards. I lowered the rear sight almost to the bottom. Perfect. My wife really likes it too. And I discovered it has a threaded barrel too. Looks like a can is in my future.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was able to run about 60 rounds through my new M&P today. First few shots were WWAAYYY to high. I'm talking about 8" at ten yards. I lowered the rear sight almost to the bottom. Perfect. My wife really likes it too. And I discovered it has a threaded barrel too. Looks like a can is in my future.

Great to hear your both enjoying it! The can makes things a giggle and is quite addictive.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    2 weeks of Spring Break over. Back to work: 10 weeks till retirement! :rockwoot:
    1st week, I bought a couple of CZs, and had to vet them, and even made it to MCFG for some safety training and steel shooting, thanks to hps. :thumbsup:
    2nd week dedicated to getting back to some .22LR love.
    I shot nearly all of them, and enjoyed each.
    I have too many rimfires, and I sold 3 of them this past week to narrow the field of keepers: Beretta M9-22, GSG 1911-22 & a S/W 22A.
    The 22A really hurt to part with, it was really accurate, and I've owned 3 of them I like them so much.
    There is one is our Classifieds now that I like the looks of: addiction is a hard thing to fight. :laugh:
    Now down to the really, really tough choices of keepers and trimmers: Ruger Mark 4 Target, Smith Victory & 41, Browning Buckmark Hunter & Colt Target, all but one bought here from members.

Top Bottom