• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm not needing any .22 for now and not thinking that my grandkids wont either. I have 1 Ammo can with over 100,000 rds in it that the grandkids use and I have several other cans full for my usage.

:wow: I'd love to go into retirement with that stash! :thumbsup:
    I did a count of ammo a month ago and I think I had about 25,000 rounds of .22LR, and getting less every week!

I have a multitude of brands but mainly CCI SV & HV, Armscor, Aguila Super Extra, Remington Golden Bullets, Troy Landry, Winchester M-22 (crap), Federal Champion, Blazer, Federal Auto Match, Winchester Super X, Federal Target Grade.
    Some of the odds and ends I picked up used, buying cases at a time, but mainly bought only about 4 brands of the "better stuff."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Very hard to diagnose not actually seeing this 1st hand.
    -Is the recoil spring strong enough.....round count???
    -Does the slide move freely with no mag inserted.
    -Does it "slow down" when the loaded mag is in place.
    -Is the round locking up on the extractor.

CM, you were on the right track with your questions.
    Zack at ZR Tactical said, based on what I described:
    "I think your extractor is dirty or the extractor spring is getting weak. You need to flush it out with carb cleaner and reoil."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A follow up on the GSG 1911-22 Failure to Load issue.
    I only wiped down the extractor quickly b/c I had to get up 5 am the next day and I knew I'd be at the range trying out a CZ P-07 and wanted to run some more rounds through the GSG while there.
    I wanted to run more rounds through it than I did, but I had to leave for another appt.

0/30 FTL with CCI Mini-Mags HV
    0/30 FTL with Armscor HP 36 gr. HP
    1/30 FTL with Remington Golden Bullets HV (just like previously)

I still am noting a "sluggishness" or less "snappiness" of the slide going forward to chamber the first round from the magazine when I release the slide.
    I was told it couldn't be the extrator spring, while another told me it could be: I have no clue.

I do love the gun and if I have to pay for someone to look at it, I will, unless I end up selling it as is (with full disclosure).
    I would probably take it back to Zack at ZR Tactical where I bought it.

Last edited:

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Ordered the VQ extractor, and the Wolff reduced power tune-up spring kit for the 10/22. Hoping the extractor helps rectify some of the FTE issues I've been having.

Also picked up some sling swivels, as I'll probably end up using this rifle in one of the Appleseed Project courses once: A) the rifle is proven reliable again, and B) when I get around to signing up.

Wrong thread, but any recommendations for a well-made 1.25in. USGI pattern sling?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Ordered the VQ extractor, and the Wolff reduced power tune-up spring kit for the 10/22. Hoping the extractor helps rectify some of the FTE issues I've been having.

Also picked up some sling swivels, as I'll probably end up using this rifle in one of the Appleseed Project courses once: A) the rifle is proven reliable again, and B) when I get around to signing up.

Wrong thread, but any recommendations for a well-made 1.25in. USGI pattern sling?
    Just sign up for the FREE Revere's Riders basic rifle course ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-day-basic-rifle-course-sponsored-optics.html

Bring your 10/22 with or without the "upgrades" and they'll get you sorted out.

You can also purchase a web sling through their web page ... https://www.reveresriders.org/shop/product-category/basic-rifle/

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just sign up for the FREE Revere's Riders basic rifle course ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-day-basic-rifle-course-sponsored-optics.html

You can also purchase a web sling through their web page ... https://www.reveresriders.org/shop/product-category/basic-rifle/

Getting to that particular event may be a bit of trip for him, given his location is Maine. Awesome opportunity for those that can make it though and great tip on the sling.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME

As Aero mentioned, a bit of a drive these days. Looks like an awesome opportunity for the rest though!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm coming for you, Turbo ...... be afraid .... very afraid ! :D

i-DvtxgKG-XL.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well I just bought an M&P .22 pistol. I can't tell if it's a compact or standard size yet. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

My cousin is selling it because he never shoots it and made me an offer I couldn't pass up.

Top Bottom